Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Always going drop points in run in and tonight we were second best.

No complaints although was very frustrated with the performance by us.

If finished 4-0 I would not have complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Playing Giggs as CM was poor decision.

To cover that making Rooney drop even deeper and also making Valencia to play centrally negated whatever attacking threat we could have offered.

There was nothing from Right wing thanks to Valencia playing centrally and then biggest of them all letting Giggs to play 90 mins and taking off Rooney and also not having Scholes at least on bench.

Poor selections and poor tactics. Wigan exploited well and credit to them. But playing with Giggs in the midfield is like playing with only one CM. Hopefully he will never start a game as CM this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Cleverley & Nani are coming back from injury so they can be forgiven for a performance like that but some of the players tonight were horrific. Carrick & Valencia were terrible, as was Rooney, but my god how poor was Giggs??

Seeing Giggs starting in th middle always makes me nervous.

Fergie made a right balls of this game, let's hope its a one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Walked in the door to see the scores, cant wait till MOTD now, what the hell happened?

Complacency? Still cant see us losing the title but jesus christ why give them any encouragement? Wigan play well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Its ok lads we'll be fine...gotta make the derby semi interesting :P

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Come on, I was doing nothing of the sort

Wasnt referring to you bud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

shades of 2009 this, being chased down by the talented side we ****ing hate and a sketchy manager after we got arrogant and thought it was in the bag. difference then was liverpool reeled us in and had us played twice while city have to beat us at the end of the month yet and we had ronaldo and tevez back then. really really worried

we'll kick off sunday 2 points back and with goal difference in their favour so the pressure will be massive. dropped points in the remaining two fixtures before tbe derby WILL cost us the title, end of.

Been saying this for past few weeks but knew a result like tonight would happen, always make 1 fook up in run in. Just hope it's the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kryogen wrote: »
    Walked in the door to see the scores, cant wait till MOTD now, what the hell happened?

Complacency? Still cant see us losing the title but jesus christ why give them any encouragement? Wigan play well?

Don't watch it,you'll end up in a very very bad mood,it's as if the team forgot how to play.Wigan played as if they were going for the title and United played as if they were drunk on a Sunday morning in the park.

basically if they were wearing maroon and blue you would have thought we were playing barca. got made a holy show of, worst performance post newcastle away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

The option of Berbatov would have been nice tonight, even from the bench.

Saw that Giggs played cm, always a disaster, its the one area that really really pisses me off from Fergie, how in the name of **** does he keep giving Giggs a new contract, or maybe even that part is ok, as long as he isnt involved that much, more for influence.but starting him cm is a joke.

The option of Berbatov would have been nice tonight, even from the bench.

Thats another one to add to me grievance with Fergie list this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Terrible tonight.
    Giggs in CM is a no go to be honest.

Not going to get too down about it. Serious wake up call that United needed. City have the chance to close it now before United take to the pitch again.

zerks wrote: »
    Don't watch it,you'll end up in a very very bad mood,it's as if the team forgot how to play.Wigan played as if they were going for the title and United played as if they were drunk on a Sunday morning in the park.

If only to see his interview after the match alone and hear what he has to say I have to watch it, why did he take off Rooney? he injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If only to see his interview after the match alone and hear what he has to say I have to watch it, why did he take off Rooney? he injured?

Wigan scored froma short corner, two on one. Rooney pushed out late and the player stepped by him before burying it. I assume that's why anyway. He wasn't playing well but by god he was far from the worst and if you need anyone on the pitch at this stage of the season for a bit of inspiration it's him.

If he wasn't injured it was a monumental **** up by Fergie to sub him. Hopefully we won't look back on this game at the end of the season. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Wasnt referring to you bud!

Oh, I thought I'd prompted Carrick discussion. Never mind then. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm sick of hearing this Giggs should never play in cm ever again ****. Usually when he does play there he actually plays quite well. One poor performance doesn't define a player's ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wesc. wrote: »
    I'm sick of hearing this Giggs should never play in cm ever again ****. Usually when he does play there he actually plays quite well. One poor performance doesn't define a player's ability.

Yeah, when hes brought on and we're bossing a game.

From the start of a match, no. He was horrid today, and this season in general has been pretty poor IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

the effort at sh ite out of Mancini?
    LO-FEKIN-L

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »

It has not been one poor performance though has it, look into your heart young Jedi, you know it to be true.

Giggs is past it, capable of a nice cameo now and then, but that is about it.

alproctor wrote: »
    the effort at sh ite out of Mancini?
    LO-FEKIN-L

320px-SMirC-what.svg.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

@Kryogen - He's just been on sky sports news, saying that the only thing they've achieved tonight is guaranteed participation in next years CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Quandary wrote: »
    Cleverley & Nani are coming back from injury so they can be forgiven

Just how long is it now that Cleverly has being "coming back" from this injury? Unless I am mistaken he has been available for weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

IMO Utd can stil afford to lose 2 more games (inc City) . I'd bet a sizeable sum City with drop points in the last 5.

IMO Utd can stil afford to lose 2 more games (inc City) . I'd bet a sizeable sum City with drop points in the last 5.

i'd bet every last possession of mine they don't. echoes of liverpool in 2009. they have their heads up and nothing will stop them. only thing in 09 was that we'd built enough of a lead for it to not matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Just how long is it now that Cleverly has being "coming back" from this injury? Unless I am mistaken he has been available for weeks now.

Cleverley needs game time. He is not match fit yet and I'd say Fergie was hoping to give him 25 minutes after Utd had established a lead; the game obviously went arseways. Unsurprisingly enough though, in his limited time on the pitch, he contributed more than Giggs did all night. He was still lacking sharpness but that will come with more game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is that our first defeat by Wigan since they came to Prem? Had to happen sometime I suppose.

Ronnies hattrick has put me in a better mood anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

spiralism wrote: »

i'd bet every last possession of mine they don't. echoes of liverpool in 2009. they have their heads up and nothing will stop them. only thing in 09 was that we'd built enough of a lead for it to not matter.
    They won a game.No suggestion they're gonna tear it up from here on in.
    Wait until they play away again.

Norwich and Newcastle away are no easy games.

Although it will be Wolves who will really tear City apart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Lets hope Scholes keeps his place in the squad for the last 5 games or else teams will cause us problems in the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bring him home from spain

imo the villa and everton games will decide the title. we hold serve and we'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tuning in to match of the day now for my sins just to hear what Fergie had to say post match.

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »

3 hours ago they were a team who looked beaten, lethargic, devoid of unity etc, how in the name of God does beating WBA prove nothing will stop them?

Relax, City will drop more points, I dont think they will drop 5, but I do think they will drop 4, I think we will get a draw off them, and Newcastle too. They should win the rest though.

As long as we take care of our home games and dont lose to them, which we are very capable of doing, there is no need to panic or overreact to this. These results happen, complacency is a problem that hopefully will now be stamped out of the team, best thing that could happen is to be only two points ahead come the next KO time. Put the fire under the assess again to see the job through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Just help me pay a few bills :D

one bright spot on a very s**ty night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fair play to Ferguson for giving credit to Wigan and not blaming the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Game like tonight is amazing how it makes me miss Ronnie. How many times he pop up with a bit of magic.

Meant to put this up a while ago but of course tonight reminded me.
    Is it me or has Giggs been shocking poor this year?
    Comparing him to Scholes who has been great.

Shocking how stale the lads where tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Bring him home from spain

Why would he go back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Why would he go back?

Pretty sure it was tongue in cheek.

Why would he go back?

you know its a United song right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fair play to Ferguson for giving credit to Wigan and not blaming the ref.

Are you being sarcastic or did you not see the interview.

you know its a United song right?

No, I don't follow United..

niallo27 wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic or did you not see the interview.

I saw the interview. You can probably catch it on BBCi player.

No, I don't follow United..

Ok...

well its a United song.

Ok...

well its a United song.

Haha, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I saw the interview. You can probably catch it on BBCi player.

He said they got lucky at the weekend but didn't get one decision from the ref tonight and that these things even themselves out over the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

He said they got lucky at the weekend but didn't get one decision from the ref tonight and that these things even themselves out over the season.
    Wigan got the better of the decisions tonight.We got them on Sunday.
    He's right in sentiment although not fair to say we got nothing tonight.

..kinda my point.

Gave proper answers in the interview,did not have to mention the rub of the green at the weekend, did not harp on about the decisions tonight( yes he referred to them ), and paid credit to the opposition.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement