Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

All it says is that police in Portugal are going to investigate because there are suspicions 3million of the transfer fee is unaccounted for.

Big story about nothing at the moment, not that I am saying this is not one of the dodgiest looking deals I have seen!

Id imagine the main person being investigated will be Mendes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kryogen wrote: »
    All it says is that police in Portugal are probably going to investigate because there are suspicions 3million of the transfer fee is unaccounted for.

Big story about nothing at the moment, not that I am saying this is not one of the dodgiest looking deals I have seen!

How can it be a big story about nothing if it looks like one of the dodgiest deals you have ever seen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's getting late and there's youngsters on here,have some consideration.

That photo has warped my fragile little mind.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

baz2009 wrote: »
    That photo has warped my fragile little mind.:(
    Poor lad,this should see you right :)
    Ole+Gunnar+Solskjaer_1141_18259869_0_0_10494_300.jpg

amiable wrote: »
    How can it be a big story about nothing if it looks like one of the dodgiest deals you have ever seen?

Because there is nothing legally to it yet, simple really.

There are suspicions, not evidence, nothing more then suspicions, that some money is unaccounted for, the money may well turn up. There may have been a mistake somewhere along the way or any number of other reasons.

There is no criminal investigation, the anti corruption department are looking into it, they may well find that there is no case for anybody to answer as legally speaking, these guys do tend to cover themselves pretty well.

Just because it looks like a dodgy deal, doesnt mean it is, and more importantly, it doesnt mean it can be proven to be dodgy.

So again, to clarify, at the moment it is a big headline purely because it can be connected to United and will help to sell papers and generate interest. Are United actually implicated in the article? Read it and you might get a better idea?

Oh and one thing I forgot to say.
    There is no suggestion that United did anything wrong

That is a directly from the article.

Oh and one thing I forgot to say.
    There is no suggestion that United did anything wrong

That is a directly from the article.
    Ive not seen it suggested on this thread that United have.

You seem eager to just defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If anything surfaces from this Jorge Mendes is fooked I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Just wondering how much people realistically think United can earn in transfer fees. Just listed a few players who could possibly be leaving. I'm not sure on there contract situations, is it fair to assume Kuszczak and Owens contracts expire in the summer.

Anderson (Won't Leave)
    Dimitar Berbatov (Germany/Russia - £10 million)
    Park Ji-Sung (Won't Leave)
    Tomasz Kuszczak (Free??)
    Federico Macheda (Return to Italy - £5 million)
    Ritchie De Laet (Newly Promoted/Championship Team - £2 million)
    Michael Owen (Free??)
    Bébé (Clause: Besiktas £2 million)

Total: £19 million (Closer to £30 million is Anderson and Park leave)

Other possible exits but for small fees:
    Joshua King, Oliver Norwood, Robbie Brady, Will Keane, Reece Brown

• Advertisement

Ive not seen it suggested on this thread that United have.

You seem eager to just defend.

Id prefer to nip it in the bud before you get the idiots proclaiming that United are under investigation for being the devil etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I would be very surprised if Will Keane left, Brady too but to a lesser extent.

This summer

For sure to be gone

Owen
    Berba
    PIG
    Bebe

Possible departures

Park
    Macheda

Owen and PIG are out of contract so will go nothing, Berba will fetch close to 10 million, hopefully, and Bebe is going to cost them 2 million apparently. So not a whole lot being brought in, Park may go I think, if an offer comes in for him Id be delighted to see him moved on and apparently Macheda has been told by Fergie that he can still have a future with United, however if a reasonable bid comes in for him he is gone imo.

Cant see Ando going.

Some outside chances to go would be him and Evra. Dont think either will go though.

So unfortunately, based on that I cant see a summer of spending ahead.

There has been some speculation about Nani and Vidic but again unless ridiculous offers came in I cant see them being left go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Nani & Vidic without doubt are staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cant see Ando going.

Surely SAF has had enough of this waster after enduring 5 seasons already? But if he decides to risk a 6th season of more injuries and inconsistency with him? Then he'll need a dementia test stat.

Surely SAF has had enough of this waster after enduring 5 seasons already? But if he decides to risk a 6th season of more injuries and inconsistency with him? Then he'll need a dementia test stat.
    One of the Times journalists last night was saying Anderson had been arrseted this week for refusing to give a breath sample

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

One of the Times journalists last night was saying Anderson had been arrseted this week for refusing to give a breath sample

And if it was Balotelli doing the same thing he would be a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

know big difference in games played and not but just shows how vital it is to have him back, and yes I was one of those who lol at the time too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575678_431559840193135_143409819008140_88159781_1748146444_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

How are we going to get someone else to have that influence? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Spend money!!!

killwill wrote: »
    Spend money!!!

How are we going to get money? :(

On a serious note, I can't see another English player (apart from Wilshere maybe) that fits the role to be honest. Out foreign it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Haha your one on soccer am looks like Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

On a serious note, I can't see another English player (apart from Wilshere maybe) that fits the role to be honest. Out foreign it is...

Howson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

know big difference in games played and not but just shows how vital it is to have him back, and yes I was one of those who lol at the time too.

might wanna crop the link from the bottom of that pic there Kew!!! Or a certain Minister Sherlock could come-a-knockin!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The money is there, £50 million spent last summer shows that. we just didnt spend it correctly.

alproctor wrote: »
    might wanna crop the link from the bottom of that pic there Kew!!! Or a certain Minister Sherlock could come-a-knockin!!! :pac:

He is only 10 minute drive from my hometown also

I voted for his father before so I might get away with this one, but will take your advice. Dont want prison sentence:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Borrowed from Redcafe.

DeGandalf.jpg?t=1334360865

@ TheKewTour,can you take a drive to Sean Sherlock's house and kick him in the nuts please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

zerks wrote: »

@ TheKewTour,can you take a drive to Sean Sherlock's house and kick him in the nuts please.

And you voted for his auld fella, so you might be ok with that!!!! :pac::pac:

Thats if others don't get there before I do!!;)

Tevez booked for diving,should have been a penalty.City are up for this today.
    Hope Norwich can pull off a result today.

im too scared to watch it.

• Advertisement

im too scared to watch it.

Lescott just cleared off the line,btw Everton 1 up,meltdown among the Liverpool fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lescott just cleared a Holt header of the line . Thought it was in :(

Lescott just cleared a Holt header of the line . Thought it was in :(

1 Nil: Tevez:mad:

Keep calm and carry on

That tevez :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Tom Cleverley. Tom Cleverley. Tom Cleverley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Aguero scores his first goal outside of London and Manchester this year.

2-0 Aguero,Tevez with the assist.

No worries,we just win our next 3 games and the league is ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Cock.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Tom Cleverley. Tom Cleverley. Tom Cleverley.

lol

Really? He has played in a few games where the whole team has played well, even Ando was playing well in them games.

Too early to say yet.

Villa is a must win now.

That's why I never say it's over till it's over.

2 points in it again.

Win tomorrow will ease the burden, but we are going to have play really well to beat Everton next week. They are playing excellent.

Now back to watching Hibs try get to Holy Grail;)

I suppose Hibs, Everton and Norwich wins is pushing it too much for me.

That's why I never say it's over till it's over.

2 points in it again.

Win tomorrow will ease the burden, but we are going to have play really well to beat Everton next week. They are playing excellent.

Now back to watching Hibs try get to Holy Grail;)

I suppose Hibs, Everton and Norwich wins is pushing it too much for me.

Yep, even before the Wigan game I fancied us to drop points against Everton. Dogged basta*ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Samich wrote: »
    lol

Really? He has played in a few games where the whole team has played well, even Ando was playing well in them games.

Too early to say yet.

Nonsense. He has shown plenty enough already to see that he is an excellent player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yep, even before the Wigan game I fancied us to drop points against Everton. Dogged basta*ds.

They're playing a FA Cup Semi today. Win or lose they won't be focused. United should stroll to 6 points in their next two games.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    They're playing a FA Cup Semi today. Win or lose they won't be focused. United should stroll to 6 points in their next two games.

Same was said before Wigan game..

Seriously will people ever learn......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

SantryRed wrote: »

Like Wigan yeah? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Nonsense. He has shown plenty enough already to see that he is an excellent player.

He has also shown recently that he might not live up to the hype put on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Same was said before Wigan game..

Seriously will people ever learn......

I wouldn't be saying we'll stroll through our next two games but his point about Everton and the FA cup is very valid.

Time and time again when a mid-table/lower league side get to the final of the FA cup their focus goes in the league. They're not used to dealing with it and a lot of their players don't put in full effort to avoid injury.

Hopefully they get through anyway, or if they lose their confidence should take a hit. It goes without saying that no game should be taken for granted between now and the end of the season though.

The double standard you seem to have regarding Clev and Ando is kinda funny :D

Very similar appearance and injury records, except that Ando's appearances have come in top level competitions. Clev has shown nothing more then him tbh, its only a wish from supporters to have him be the saviour that seems to be putting him into some form of high regard.

What has he contributed since his return from his latest, in a long line, of injuries?

He played 5 games at the start of the season, and got injured, and has been pretty much injured ever since, not for the first season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement