Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ferguson can pretty much say what he wants because he backs it up by being the best at what he does. His one-eyed fury is part of what makes him the best. It is different when some washed up old pro rocks up on Sky for a fee and proceeds to come across like a 15 year old who has just had an argument with his parents. It looks pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

not been a great few days. hopefully tomorrow will put things back in our favour again. to be going into the last 4 games, 5 points clear is a must,4 huge games left then.

its officially squeeky bum time :) any of ye travelling over tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You think he's an idiot cause he said his team were better than another team when you disagree? Or even popular consensus disagrees? Do you not think that's a little harsh? Ferguson for example has done that a lot, with one hilarious example that springs to mind

FFS, there's a large difference between being a pundit and a manager. Laughable that you would liken the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

You think he's an idiot cause he said his team were better than another team when you disagree? Or even popular consensus disagrees? Do you not think that's a little harsh? Ferguson for example has done that a lot, with one hilarious example that springs to mind

Where did I say he's an idiot?

I said he made a show of himself, which if you watch the youtube clip above, he quite clearly does. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Defending Summerbee is ridiculous, he makes a show of himself every time he is ont he telly, same as Paddy Crerand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Same was said before Wigan game..

Seriously will people ever learn......
    Like Wigan yeah? :rolleyes:

Wigan was completely different. A team fighting for their lives who were inform.

Villa haven't been in form all season and Everton will be dejected. Aslong as United actually turn up, unlike Wednesday, they should stroll them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

After the City result today, United really need to go out tomorrow and return the compliments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

After the City result today, United really need to go out tomorrow and return the compliments.

I hope we don't score early then spend the rest of the game strolling around with players doing stupid flicks etc.This has been a problem with United,bring back the days when we scored and went looking for more rather than giving the fans heart attacks while defending a One Nil lead.

City showed how to be ruthless today,even when they scored the third & fourth goals they went looking for more and got another 2,in that time they could have scored 8,we'd have been happy with 2-1.

To summarize:No heart failure football against Villa & Everton.

United just need to win, Villa will pack the **** out of the midfield and sit behind the ball hoping to catch something lucky. This is a game we have struggled in lots this season and probably will again tomorrow, just win. Thats all that will matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

not been a great few days. hopefully tomorrow will put things back in our favour again. to be going into the last 4 games, 5 points clear is a must,4 huge games left then.

its officially squeeky bum time :) any of ye travelling over tomorrow?

Might be able to make the Everton game.

Want to see United once before end of season. Only game I was at has been Anfield and I normally get 4-5 games in most seaosn.

Just saving for weddings and Euros so cant afford more then another trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

baz2009 wrote: »
    FFS, there's a large difference between being a pundit and a manager. Laughable that you would liken the two.

I'd ignore him. He really isn't worth the effort.

The Euros is not something I have ever considered going to before, but Im still considering it this year, have friends in Poznan and Warsaw so would just need to get myself there, accomodation is sorted, there should be a boards meet up of whoever does end up going over there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »
    United just need to win, Villa will pack the **** out of the midfield and sit behind the ball hoping to catch something lucky. This is a game we have struggled in lots this season and probably will again tomorrow, just win. Thats all that will matter

Last few years we had tough task of handling Young and Agbonlahor. Also Bent was always pain in the arse. Now with Young playing for us and Bent out with injury, we should win this.

They will defend deep, typical Big Ek tactics. We need Rooney to be on top form to unlock them early.

Must win, **** the goal difference we will never gonna catch them.All we need to do is make sure GD is worth ****all.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Have a look for yourself Al

he says "they dominated possession"

next the stats comes up where it says 54-46 in favour of United

Then he says he "not interested in stats"

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Genuinely, he's an auld geezer who loves City, I wouldn't be particular arsed if I were yous, but I'll leave ye to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We have our own tbf. Paddy Crerand is fairly partisan.

Genuinely, he's an auld geezer who loves City, I wouldn't be particular arsed if I were yous, but I'll leave ye to it!

You were arsed a few minutes a go when you came in here defending him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not defending him per say, just a little surprised he gets under Utd fans skin as much as he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not defending him per say, just a little surprised he gets under Utd fans skin as much as he does.
    He doesn't,people we're laughing at his bitterness,that's how this whole conversation started.

I would say he's more of a source of amusement for us tbh.

• Advertisement

United fans dont let him get under their skin so much as laugh at his bitter idiocies

We have our own tbf. Paddy Crerand is fairly partisan.

he is, every club has them

Wolves drew away to Sunderland there. They have City at home next week, that result might give them a little bit of confidence. I won't hold my breath for them to get another result though :pac:

Shocking result from Sunderland though.

Shocking result from Sunderland though.

Yep, hopefully they carry that sort of form into the final game of the season, if we need them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Classic Mr Alan.

18558810.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

If anyone was selling a 1-0, I think everyone would buy it! 3 points all that matters tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Just reading the Bebe thing on Wiki and saw about the Nani/Anderson deal for 46 million.

Do ye think they've been worth that money.

Most probably think Anderson hasn't?

But think of them as a package, have they been worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

he says "they dominated possession"

next the stats comes up where it says 54-46 in favour of United

Then he says he "not interested in stats"

:pac::pac:

His last comment in that video was "We'll come here and we'll take them apart one day, I'll tell you that now!"; he got that much right! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If Nani can get back fit and play to the level that we have seen he can for a few seasons then yes it was a good deal, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone else going over tomorrow?

Really looking forward to it. With the gap down to two points its now a must win match and the afternoon kick off leaves one time to get suitably refreshed before enterding the stadium. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Samich wrote: »
    Just reading the Bebe thing on Wiki and saw about the Nani/Anderson deal for 46 million.

Do ye think they've been worth that money.

Most probably think Anderson hasn't?

But think of them as a package, have they been worth it?

Its 46 Million Euros. When we signed exchange was much better for Euros.

Anderson was signed for 30 Million Euros which was equivalent to 20 Million pounds back in May 2007.

English papers reported we payed combined fee of 30 Million pounds for Anderson and Nani which is equal to 46 Million Euros.

IMO its a good deal.

Edit: There are few reports which says we signed Nani for 25 Million Euros which was 17 Million back then. If we consider that then we have paid 55 Million euros for the pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Its 46 Million Euros. When we signed exchange was much better for Euros.

Anderson was signed for 30 Million Euros which was equivalent to 20 Million pounds back in May 2007.

English papers reported we payed combined fee of 30 Million pounds for Anderson and Nani which is equal to 46 Million Euros.

IMO its a good deal.

Edit: There are few reports which says we signed Nani for 25 Million Euros which was 17 Million back then. If we consider that then we have paid 55 Million euros for the pair.

Good deal, they were two of the most promising at the youth championships before untied signed them.

Oddly enough, I remembering looking at them before they went to OT and thinking that Anderson was by far the better signing.

He tore the sh1t out of his peer group. Basically looked and played like a CMF Ronaldinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yep, im heading over and theres 4 or 5 more from here going with us......we need a big win tomorrow to settle us down, we should win, villa are awful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The big transfer fees paid for Nani and Anderson were fine. If they stay at United as long as I hope they do, the fee will work out cheap when it is broken down per season. You are paying for potential

Big fees on older players rarely work out as well - the Player has little chance of ever appearing to be a good value buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Really looking forward to it. With the gap down to two points its now a must win match and the afternoon kick off leaves one time to get suitably refreshed before enterding the stadium. :D
    Yep heading over on the early ryanair from Dublin in the morning . Sunday flights from cork are a disaster. Us united fans down south have it fierce awkward altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

All it says is that police in Portugal are going to investigate because there are suspicions 3million of the transfer fee is unaccounted for.

Big story about nothing at the moment, not that I am saying this is not one of the dodgiest looking deals I have seen!

Id imagine the main person being investigated will be Mendes
    The shíte talk has started anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Both Anderson and Nani were over priced imo. £15m for a young guy from a smaller league is more money than should be risked on that type of prospect. It may work out sometimes, like it did eventually with Nani, but really those types of prospects can be got for less money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Will anyone shed a tear if Ando is let go in the summer? I mean he's a likeable character, he's had a **** load of injuries etc. I had high hopes for him but Ive just run out of patience with him. He probably has it in his locker to be a top midfielder but his application seems lacking.

He's had more than enough chances IMO. In another era(ie when our midfield hasn't been so weak) hed probably be already out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

adox wrote: »
    Will anyone shed a tear if Ando is let go in the summer? I mean he's a likeable character, he's had a **** load of injuries etc. I had high hopes for him but Ive just run out of patience with him. He probably has it in his locker to be a top midfielder but his application seems lacking.

He's had more than enough chances IMO. In another era(ie when our midfield hasn't been so weak) hed probably be already out the door.
    Unless we buy at least three midfielders, then there really is no point letting him go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

In my article on your CM situation I advocated selling him. Now I reckon he should be kept for numbers reasons, and 3 players should be brought in to start ahead of him (priority wise, I'm not saying MUFC should play every match with a midfield 3). I know he has potential but he has to stay fit and in form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If Manchester Utd will score tomorrow we will break the Premier League record for scoring in consecutive home games, scoring in our last 46 home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

When Manchester Utd score tomorrow we will break the Premier League record for scoring in consecutive home games, scoring in our last 46 home games.

Fixed that for you!!

silly me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

If Manchester Utd will score tomorrow we will break the Premier League record for scoring in consecutive home games, scoring in our last 46 home games.

That's it, you've now jinxed it. 0-0 tomorrow it is so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

recyclebin wrote: »
    That's it, you've now jinxed it. 0-0 tomorrow it is so.

Out!

il pack my bags, goodnight lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Wiki says 46 million pounds for Nani & Anderson.

I like Anderson a lot, when he comes on as a sub he offers a lot of energy and that. From the start he isn't as effective, probably lacks a bit of explosive power off the mark.

I think I will have to go out tonight...If I dont it will be long nervous day thinking about the game tomorrow as I be up early.

I wish it was on at 1.30..I be bag of nerves tomorrow even if Villa have been poor of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Samich wrote: »
    Wiki says 46 million pounds for Nani & Anderson.

Dude seriously what is up with you? It's like you go out of your way to say stupid shìt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement