Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Whats the best United forum around ? And do you think there is a place for a good Irish one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

J. Marston wrote: »
    What's that mean?

Opr puts opr at the end of his posts.

The question is why is Trilla using it...

Trilla == Opr?.. Trilla taking the piss?.. Since Trilla finds our curiosity funny I imagine its a joke of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Double account and he's getting confused?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

nickcoppack: Sir Alex tells MUTV #mufc have agreed a deal with Paul Pogba's agent. Now "up to the boy" to decide if he stays or goes.

Positive sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheTownie wrote: »
    Opr puts opr at the end of his posts.

The question is why is Trilla using it...

Trilla == Opr?.. Trilla taking the piss?.. Since Trilla finds our curiosity funny I imagine its a joke of some sort.

I think he is just taking the piss.

Opr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

SAF has said United have agreed a deal with Pogba's agent, and that it's now up to him to decide what he does.

Not sure how I missed the one above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

eugeneious wrote: »
    Positive sign!
    Coincidence that he got is injured too? Perhaps but either way, a good sing.

I hate that signature stuff, I saw the username on the left, I know who posted it

CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lad's, I don't wanna hear another bad word about Bebe, discovered while walking around Manhattan the other day that he's running a very successful store while recovering from his knee operation!

Aq8UXI7CMAE_Fnl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

What's the opinions on Ando? Get rid. Or give him another season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Timmyctc wrote: »

I was all for Anderson. Defending him the last few seasons. I was saying "This is the season where he can prove it..."

After this season I am tired of it. Him and Cleverly were great at the start of the season but injuries got him again. Would not be sad to see him shipped.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I was all for Anderson. Defending him the last few seasons. I was saying "This is the season where he can prove it..."

After this season I am tired of it. Him and Cleverly were great at the start of the season but injuries got him again. Would not be sad to see him shipped.

I agree mostly. But then i was thinking. Everyone had it with Berba the last season Chelsea won the league. And we gave him that last chance saloon and he really pulled it out of the bag. Might be worth our while to give him one last attempt. He was a bit unfortunate with injury. Mind you he probably woulda been gone well before now if we didn't have an overly weak midfield

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am a broken record, Keep Anderson.

No just because of blind faith mind!

He has a good attitude, good qualities as a player. Despite his age he is at United a a few years and knows what it takes to play for United. For me with the other squad changes expected over the next season or two players like Ando will be important. Scholes/Giggs can't go on forever, Fletcher is ill, the squad lost O'Shea, Brown, Van Der Sar, Neville last season. With that in mind I think it would be daft to allow a young player with Andersons experience of playing at United leave. He is used to dealing with the expectations and pressures of a big club and when fit has contributed a lot to the team.

On Pogba, I think its really odd his agent can agree a deal but without the player:confused:

Here is Fergie on Will Keane
    Striker Will Keane, who made his senior debut at Blackburn earlier this season, scored four goals in that victory and Ferguson has also confirmed the England Under-19 star will go out on loan to gain valuable experience next season.
    "Will is progressing the right way," said Ferguson.
    "The lad is a good finisher and has good potential.
    "He needs a bit of toughening up and next year we will possibly put him out on loan. That would be good for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Whats the story with Brady.

Will United keep him or will he be loaned out again next season do ye think?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I want him gone, after watching him in the CL this year i've never been more angry at a player. No effort, no heart, no fight. Simply not good enough, sure he's young but he's had 3 seasons to sow up a CM place and he's not been able to do it. He never does the simple things well. If he did, he'd be half the player carrick is for us. Yes he's had some truly great games for us but in some way he has a touch of the gerrards, great in some games and then chronically missing for weeks on end.
    Whats the story with Brady.

Will United keep him or will he be loaned out again next season do ye think?

Brady is a tough on, i like him alot as a player, good skills and he's tough. We've had some great wingers come through, Cam Stewart (now at hull), Brady, Lingard, but are they going to be PL players...

lordgoat wrote: »
    Yes he's had some truly great games for us but in some way he has a touch of the gerrards, great in some games and then chronically missing for weeks on end.

On the subject of Ando and Gerrard. I remember Ando absolutely taking Gerrard out of the game the year we beat them 3-0 at OT there recently i think it was. Gained so much respect for him. Then he gained weight and lost all appetite (for the game, not the food)

• Advertisement

Robbie Brady's first loan spell has gone similarily to Tom Cleverley's first loan to Millwall (maybe better considering he has goals/assists in the Champ and Millwall were League 1). T-Clev then went back out to Watford and did well, then Wigan and did well, then became Jesus. So I hold some hope for Robbie, give him another loan and see how he grows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

On the subject of Ando and Gerrard. I remember Ando absolutely taking Gerrard out of the game the year we beat them 3-0 at OT there recently i think it was. Gained so much respect for him. Then he gained weight and lost all appetite (for the game, not the food)

I'm expecting Niallo in to challenge that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Anderson still has some use in an advanced role, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

G.K. wrote: »

He has some lovely touches and can spot a pass like very few else. The only thing is he can't score to save his life. It's a joke. He has some of the best finishers of all time to help and he's still cat.

Unless a few players come in I think we should probably keep him. I like him. He reminds me of myself. All the skill in the world but he's a lazy **** :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

His shooting has improved actually, his goalscoring record this season speaks to that tbh. He has definitely improved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

kryogen wrote: »
    His shooting has improved actually, his goalscoring record this season speaks to that tbh. He has definitely improved

A mighty two goals :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fergie on Fabio's probable loan move
    “Yes, we will put him out on loan, possibly to Portugal next season; I know there has been a bit of interest.

Let the Gaitan to United rumours go into full force!

kryogen wrote: »

He still has a huge amount to improve on before you could call him a goal threat though.

Actually I forgot that I was over at the Norwich match in October and he scored. It was 30 degrees that day on the first of October. Outrageous weather. Ando probably thought he was back in Brazil, no wonder he got on the score sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He still has a huge amount to improve on before you could call him a goal threat though.

Actually I forgot that I was over at the Norwich match in October and he scored. It was 30 degrees that day on the first of October. Outrageous weather. Ando probably thought he was back in Brazil, no wonder he got on the score sheet.

He scored a header that day but Jesus he was terrible otherwise. Think Fergie was ready to sub him before his goal, and did actually sub him not long after it:pac:

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fergie on Fabio's probable loan move

Let the Gaitan to United rumours go into full force!

Sending a Portugese speaking player to Portugal? WERE GETTING GAITAN!!!!!!

Blatter wrote: »
    He scored a header that day but Jesus he was terrible otherwise. Think Fergie was ready to sub him before his goal, and did actually sub him not long after it:pac:

He was subbed alright but I can't remember how he played. I find going to a match in OT is generally just a blur for me (and not because of the drink). I only go once in a while so I'm trying to take everything in and concentrate on the match. Before I know it it's half-time and then it's over.

I remember being in such a great mood going to it though. We'd hammered almost everyone else in the lead up to that and the lads were playing some amazing football. Of course it all had to come apart the day I was there.

Norwich were very unlucky that day. They missed a few chances in the first half I think. They should probably have won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He was subbed alright but I can't remember how he played. I find going to a match in OT is generally just a blur for me (and not because of the drink). I only go once in a while so I'm trying to take everything in and concentrate on the match. Before I know it it's half-time and then it's over.

I remember being in such a great mood going to it though. We'd hammered almost everyone else in the lead up to that and the lads were playing some amazing football. Of course it all had to come apart the day I was there.

Norwich were very unlucky that day. They missed a few chances in the first half I think. They should probably have won it.

Yeah, they had a couple of great chances. Valencia was at right back and they got in down that side a couple of times. I think Phil Jones actually saved us with a last ditch tackle once or twice.

But yeah, I do remember Anderson having a woeful game that day. It all started to go wrong for him around then.

I was at the Villa game on Sunday and watched it on Sky when I got home. I Thought it was probably our best performance at OT since the Liverpool game a couple of months ago. Hopefully they keep it up and maybe kick on a bit against Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Sending a Portugese speaking player to Portugal? WERE GETTING GAITAN!!!!!!

What's the point of that though?

Blatter wrote: »
    Yeah, they had a couple of great chances. Valencia was at right back and they got in down that side a couple of times. I think Phil Jones actually saved us with a last ditch tackle once or twice.

But yeah, I do remember Anderson having a woeful game that day. It all started to go wrong for him around then.

I was at the Villa game on Sunday and watched it on Sky when I got home. I Thought it was probably our best performance at OT since the Liverpool game a couple of months ago. Hopefully they keep it up and maybe kick on a bit against Everton.

How do you remember all them details?

I am shocking at remembering matches. I'm even worse for ones that I'm playing in. I lose track way too easily of how many goals have been scored. I generally have to have a quiet word with one of the lads before we go into the dressing room so I'm clued in. About the only thing I can remember is the goals that I've scored. They're rare enough for me to be able to remember them though.

I missed the first half of the Villa match. Our cup q'final went to penalties which we lost. Going to miss the Everton match on Sunday as well cause of a match. These games on Sundays are pissing me off. They're clashing with my own matches.

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    What's the point of that though?

Well if you're sending a player out on loan and a club in the country of the players native tongue is interested is an advantage in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Anderson i feel will never work in a 4 man midfield, it is quite possible for him to be kept and a better defensive midfielder signed.

Strange example but still...

........Essien.......
    Cleverley...Anderson
    Tony V/Nani..........Nani/Rooney/Young
    ....Rooney/Chico/Welbeck.....

If he is sold this summer we will need to bolster our limited central numbers even more, that's not discounting Pogba, maybe Fergie sees a midfield of...

........Pogba....
    Cleverley...Anderson

You could replace Essien and Pogba with Carrick but as much as he contributed this season, i won't be in the view of him being retained in my 'fantasy' midfield nor entertain the notion of why he should be playing.

Getting rid of Ando is very possible, but as limited as we are in midfield, i hope next seasons midfield plan is the final piece/s in a jigsaw that has huge potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I want to see Cleverley back in September form more than anything right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

d22ontour wrote: »
    Anderson i feel will never work in a 4 man midfield, it is quite possible for him to be kept and a better defensive midfielder signed.

Strange example but still...

........Essien.......
    Cleverley...Anderson
    Tony V/Nani..........Nani/Rooney/Young
    ....Rooney/Chico/Welbeck.....

If he is sold this summer we will need to bolster our limited central numbers even more, that's not discounting Pogba, maybe Fergie sees a midfield of...

........Pogba....
    Cleverley...Anderson

You could replace Essien and Pogba with Carrick but as much as he contributed this season, i won't be in the view of him being retained in my 'fantasy' midfield nor entertain the notion of why he should be playing.

Getting rid of Ando is very possible, but as limited as we are in midfield, i hope next seasons midfield plan is the final piece/s in a jigsaw that has huge potential.

Have you been drinking tonight???

Only joking, I think if Utd intend playing 3 in the middle, I think it will be with 2 deeper and 1 in an advanced position. Ando could certainly play in the two but I don't think we have a player suitable for the advanced position.

Obviously Rooney drops in there and does a good job but I think most of us are beginning to expect a creative attack minded central player (capable of playing out wide) similar to Silva/Mata. The names been mentioned are Gaitan/Hazard/Götze.

Unfortunately for Ando, most of the fans are also hoping for a player to play in 1 of the deeper roles, somebody who can defend with a creative eye for a pass and can control the tempo, Javi Martinez been the name on most peoples list.

I think fans would be very satisfied with the setup below and its not unrealistic. Obviously some would prefer Hazard/Götze but Gaitan is looking more likely. Some will also say they would rather a second CM like M'Vila instead of an AMC.

___Carrick/Fletcher/Pogba__Martinez/Cleverly/Ando___

Valencia/Nani______Gaitan/Rooney______Young/Gaitan

______________Welbeck/Chico/Rooney_____________

On top of that we will still have Giggs and possibly Park and Scholes.
    I forgot what I was talking about but back to Ando, if he is around next season and stays fit, he will find it hard to get the game time he needs to develop but its also possible theres no Pogba or Fletcher or Martinez which could make him a key player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Whenever Anderson and goal threat pop up in the same sentence the first thing I think of is
    andersoncelebration48juj.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

tvercetti wrote: »
    I think if Utd intend playing 3 in the middle, I think it will be with 2 deeper and 1 in an advanced position.

2 deep playing midfielders.. And you ask if i have been drinking ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

d22ontour wrote: »
    2 deep playing midfielders.. And you ask if i have been drinking ? :p

I said 2 deeper as in 1(the AMC) in a more advanced position than the other two, the 2 deeper protect the defence, break up attacks, control tempo(when to spread it wide, when to keep it simple etc), players who don't get beyond ball very often, obviously they will break beyond the ball at times. Kinda like

Liverpool a few years ago: Mascherano & Xabi Alonso
    Madrid: Khedira & Xabi Alonso
    Munich: Gustavo & Schweinsteiger

You could even say Carrick and Scholes play that way currently, controlling everything from behind the ball, occasionally breaking into the box.

The examples are just how other teams play with 2 deeper, not how Utd should play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We pretty much play that way as is with Rooney dropping deep to receive the ball from Carrick and Scholes who mainly sit and only press forward if a clear opportunity arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

G.K. wrote: »

Advanced role?.......Yes and towards the exit hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

What I dont understand is, people keep complaining that we are lacking in centre midfield. We have already lost Fletcher for no one knows how long.

Questions have to be asked how Scholes will get on for a full season.

So people want a player who only has upside at this stage.

Any time he has got a run in the team he has never disappointed and when he cam back earlier this year he did look a lot trimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Rochey18 wrote: »
    What I dont understand is, people keep complaining that we are lacking in centre midfield. We have already lost Fletcher for no one knows how long.

Questions have to be asked how Scholes will get on for a full season.

So people want a player who only has upside at this stage.

Any time he has got a run in the team he has never disappointed and when he cam back earlier this year he did look a lot trimmer.

seriously?
    While he has definitely had his good days, he has disappointed more often than not, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

How do you remember all them details?

I am shocking at remembering matches. I'm even worse for ones that I'm playing in. I lose track way too easily of how many goals have been scored. I generally have to have a quiet word with one of the lads before we go into the dressing room so I'm clued in. About the only thing I can remember is the goals that I've scored. They're rare enough for me to be able to remember them though.

I missed the first half of the Villa match. Our cup q'final went to penalties which we lost. Going to miss the Everton match on Sunday as well cause of a match. These games on Sundays are pissing me off. They're clashing with my own matches.

Wanna get an ankle ligament injury like myself Jimmy. Haven't missed a match in 6 weeks :)

nicklauski wrote: »
    Wanna get an ankle ligament injury like myself Jimmy. Haven't missed a match in 6 weeks :)

Well I had a hamstring injury earlier in the season that kept me out for 5 months. I can't really complain. I'm kind of delighted to be missing the matches at this stage. I had nothing to do every weekend from October to February so couldn't really miss any game then :P.

Just heard on Soccer Saturday there that Alan Smith scored today. That's his first goal in 5 years. His last goal was for us against Roma in that match in the '06/'07 season.

Always liked him as a player. He's on loan with MK Dons at the moment. It's a pity really. That injury he got against Liverpool years ago has really put a halt to his career. Hopefully he can kick on from this goal and get a bit of confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Love that game.

Amazing performance, cracking goals and brilliant passing.

• Advertisement

Love that game.

Amazing performance, cracking goals and brilliant passing.

and MICHAEL CARRICK!!

Lads we should get Sneijder.

trololololol

Lads we should get Sneijder.

trololololol

Sneijder, Schweinstieger and Benzema. All 3 should be relatively cheap, no more than £10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

seem's Ando is going nowhere this summer

saf : "Obviously he's still very young and I'm sure we will get the benefit of that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7689387/Fergie-s-Anderson-fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jambofc wrote: »
    seem's Ando is going nowhere this summer

saf : "Obviously he's still very young and I'm sure we will get the benefit of that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7689387/Fergie-s-Anderson-fear

i have no problem with him staying, as long as it is realised (by the people that matter) that he is not the answer to any midfield problems we have. If he could ever maintain fitness he could be a very useful squad played for us - but at this stage I don't see him being the player we need.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement