Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Like Homer said few months back, we are awful defending aerial balls. 3 of the 4 goals are because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

kryogen wrote: »
    The manager again needs to take a look at himself in relation to his tactics but I very much doubt he will, not like Phelan is going to be in his ear about it
    No tactics can stop defenders falling asleep, Raphael has never changed, loan him out to Peterborough for his sins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

All hope is on Newcastle taking points off City now, unless we pull a miracle out of the bag at City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nani was absolutely imperious today. Danny Welbeck was brilliant in the 2nd half aswell. Without those 2 we could have been beaten 4-0.

I demand we buy Fellaini. He is a filthy bastard but my god, that has the be the most effective performance by an away player at Old Trafford I've seen since Ronaldo for Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The whole back 4 were shïte . Blaming just Rafael is retarded .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

SAF to BBC: "Got to get a result at Etihad now. It's a derby of amazing proportion, probably the most important derby game in my time" #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rio wasn't shíte imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I demand we buy Fellaini. He is a filthy bastard but my god, that has the be the most effective performance by an away player at Old Trafford I've seen since Ronaldo for Madrid.

Absolutely, Fellaini was so good today. IMO he's as good as Yaya Toure, and both are the best midfielders in the EPL.

Yet again, another team that have a go at us get something, its really not a secret now.

Fair play to Everton, they deserved at least a draw.

Makes the derby huge now, ridiculous that we've allowed them back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He was caught sleeping for two goals, even if the two centre halves went for the same ball for one of them.

Momentum is everything at this time of the season and the rug has been pulled from beneath our feet.

The biggest collapse in the premier league history if we don't win it this season.

Shocking, just shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Best to ease off the panicking lads,today went pear shaped but the title is still in our own hands.
    We would have taken this position before xmas so lets just steady on and get to next monday when hopefully we can eek out a draw at the worst.....that should be enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Trilla wrote: »
    Rio wasn't shíte imo.

Yeh Rio wasn't bad, actually didn't think Evra was that bad either. Rafael and Evans had poor games. Also Carrick had his worst game in a long time.

Nani, Rooney and Welbeck had good games, Nani especially, his delivery from dead balls was much improved too I felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    No tactics can stop defenders falling asleep, Raphael has never changed, loan him out to Peterborough for his sins

Yeah, I get it, you think Rafael was at fault for everything that went wrong, I have seen your other posts on the subject. You ignore the fairy challenge attempted by Evans on Fellaini of course, you ignore the two centre backs going for the same ball leaving a load of space and worse still neither of them actually winning the ****ing thing. But your right, it was all Rafs fault :rolleyes:

You compound your limited view by saying a manager cant have helped the team out today by making a change to give the defense more cover and maybe, just maybe not be put in a position where a defender can make a mistake?

Shore up the middle? Stop attacks at source? Retain the ****ing ball maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dont know how anyone can blame Rafael when Evra/Nani were also caught out for two goals.

I have seen Rooneys name mentioned a couple of times now and the words, good performance in the same sentence, I honestly dunno how you can come to that conclusion, he scored twice yes, is that it? cause other then that he was ****e, as he was in the last game.

Not a good time for him to be playing poorly either.

dahat wrote: »
    Best to ease off the panicking lads,today went pear shaped but the title is still in our own hands.
    We would have taken this position before xmas so lets just steady on and get to next monday when hopefully we can eek out a draw at the worst.....that should be enough

It's not panicking though is it? It's just calling it as we see it. Fair enough the emotions are running high straight after the game but really, defeat at Wigan with an abysmal uninterested performance and then todays performance. City with back to back wins and goals to boot.

A draw is what we need next Monday but I wouldn't be confident of getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Yeah, I get it, you think Rafael was at fault for everything that went wrong, I have seen your other posts on the subject. You ignore the fairy challenge attempted by Evans on Fellaini of course, you ignore the two centre backs going for the same ball leaving a load of space and worse still neither of them actually winning the ****ing thing. But your right, it was all Rafs fault :rolleyes:

You compound your limited view by saying a manager cant have helped the team out today by making a change to give the defense more cover and maybe, just maybe not be put in a position where a defender can make a mistake?

Shore up the middle? Stop attacks at source? Retain the ****ing ball maybe?
    Calm down ted. Fare enough I don't think rafa is good enough for manutd but that wasn't my point.
    As a right back he falls asleep or gets caught ball watching too much.
    I watch him alot and see him make this mistake regularly but gets away with it most of the time.
    When he doesn't get away with it and it's an important game then I'm entitled to my opinion imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

The manager again needs to take a look at himself in relation to his tactics but I very much doubt he will, not like Phelan is going to be in his ear about it

agree at 4-2 up and scholes tiring is when we should have seen the game out,made the change and gone 4-5-1 with jones on and roo dropping into midfield,shocking by saf yet again this season

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I have ignored you each time you have spelled Rafs name wrong and criticized him soley for the game today, but since you quoted me and directly spoke to me about it your dead right Im going to answer you and call you up on it.

jambofc wrote: »
    agree at 4-2 up and scholes tiring is when we should have seen the game out,made the change and gone 4-5-1 with jones on and roo dropping into midfield,shocking by saf yet again this season

Fergie has made so many more mistakes, imo, this season then I have ever seen him before, and there seems to be no challenge from his assistant on these things.

If CQ was there now there would have been no way we would have been still playing 442 with Scholes on the field and his legs gone, the system would have been changed so that we make sure the game is closed out.

Seething here

This hasn't sunk yet. I reckon around 8 or 9 o clock tonight my fist is going to put a dint in my living room wall.

I'm off to the shop for some crisps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Very disappointed with today's result and performance! For some reason this team does not like doing things the easy way!

I have a pain in my right eye ball after it.

Thats it though, two mistakes were allowed in the run in, unfortunately the two mistakes came in 3 games but so be it, no more mistakes are allowed and the title still in our hands at least

markc1184 wrote: »
    Very disappointed with today's result and performance! For some reason this team does not like doing things the easy way!

Not picking on you particularly but I ****ing hate all the "we never makes things easy for ourselves, we like to make things hard for ourselves". It's just a cop out for "we are making a bollix of it. ".

Should I torture myself and watch the Wolves match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

adox wrote: »

Anyone know where I can buy a cat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Last game of the season I can't see us losing at home to you, could be very wrong there but I think that game will have massive implications for the title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Paully D wrote: »
    Last game of the season I can't see us losing at home to you, could be very wrong there but I think that game will have massive implications for the title race.

Lets hope we've won the title by then.

I wouldnt because if they make it 20 minutes without conceeding then you might start to think, oh they could nick something on the break here and then Boom! 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 4-0 and game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

xtal191 wrote: »
    Lets hope we've won the title by then.

Aye, it could all be over by then. I hope not though, I might be heading over for it and it would be nice if the game had something at stake. Would be cool to see the Premier League trophy being lifted too if it happened to be won that day at the Stadium of Light.

• Advertisement

If it does come down to it I demand you use your influence to help United win the title Paully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

From an almost neutral view, i'd prefer United to win the title, it was crazy defending from Evans and Ferdinand for their last 2 goals, Rafael is the least player that should be blamed. Evans moving 6 or 7 yards to try and win a header that Ferdinand was already competing for was madness. Also gave Fellaini too much space to turn and play that pass for Pienaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

18 of out 22 points dropped so far this season in the PL have been in games where the opposition scored first.

That scenario has occurred in 7 matches this season. Utd went on to win none of those matches.

So score first against Utd in the PL, this season, and you are very very likely to come away with something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

TheTownie wrote: »
    18 of out 22 points dropped so far this season in the PL have been in games where the opposition scored first.

That scenario has occurred in 7 matches this season. Utd went on to win none of those matches.

So score first against Utd in the PL, this season, and you are very very likely to come away with something.

That could be a first in Premiership for United.

I could nearly think of a game every season where United have come from 1 behind at least to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I am not a happy chappy.

Think im going take my frustration with a game of Modern Warfare on xbox.

Lets kill some people.

By time im finished I expect City to have at least won by 5 goals today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lets kill some people.

Cod 4?

Lets kill some people.

I'm going to watch the game and eat my dinner at the same time. Not good combination I thnk.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Cod 4?

Is it not MW3?

Is it not MW3?

Ah don't mind that MW3, nor two for that matter. MW1 trumps all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Not picking on you particularly but I ****ing hate all the "we never makes things easy for ourselves, we like to make things hard for ourselves". It's just a cop out for "we are making a bollix of it. ".

Fully agree with you! Making a right mess of this run in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Meh,yous kids stick to your noobtubing,dropshotting kill-streak crap.
    I'm off to rip it up in a tank and destroy everything in sight.
    Battlefield 3 ftw. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Watching the city game on my Xbox, I see mikeys online, cod later is a good plan.

Anyways, don't city have to go to Newcastle? Fancy Newcastle to at least draw that one.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Meh,yous kids stick to your noobtubing,dropshotting kill-streak crap.
    I'm off to rip it up in a tank and destroy everything in sight.
    Battlefield 3 ftw. ;)

Battlefield 3 is my game of choice now a days too. What a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Battlefield 3 is my game of choice now a days too. What a game!

Unbelievable game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

l4d on Xbox ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

good idea time to beat something to a bloody mess.........

By the way whats an XBox???????

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    good idea time to beat something to a bloody mess.........

By the way whats an XBox???????

It's like a PS3, only better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

bottle job from united, these players arnt good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

It's like a PS3, only better.

aqag7.jpg

(Just for lols, I actually spend most of my time on PS3 ;) )

NinjaK wrote: »
    bottle job from united, these players arnt good enough.

Still can't believe it. If only Evra's header went in. 5-2 game over.

We need a result in the Etihad and I don't fancy our chances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement