Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Your vision, though I agree with it, is dystopic and somewhat depressing. If any manager at a lower level club approached football like that he'd be ran into the sea. It is why United have such a poor record in Europe. Veron being played on the right wing is burned into my consciousness!

What does that word mean? I need a dictionary to read your posts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What does that word mean? I need a dictionary to read your posts. :(

Dystopic: The state of a society that is depressing or generally not nice.

The Orwell book 1984 was about a Dystopian society. it's the opposite of Utopian which would be a society that is perfect or perceived to be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Blatter wrote: »
    Does that mean we wanted to change our style of play this season, or did we just want to have them so they can play in a 2 man CM, or did we want them for the option of 4-3-3 in specific games?

Personally, I thought the persuit of Nasri and Sneijder was a sign we were looking to change formation. That we didn't get either means we didn't implement the plan, imo. Also, I think it is why Berbatov is still at the club, if we had got the AMC he'd have been sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Can't link as I'm I my phone but according to the give me football page on Facebook - fergie has said that we have agreed a provisional deal to keep pogba at the club! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can't link as I'm I my phone but according to the give me football page on Facebook - fergie has said that we have agreed a provisional deal to keep pogba at the club! :D

not beliving a word of it!

His agent apparently said at the weekend the contract was agreed with United, it just needs Pogba to decide he wants to stay, and actually sign it.

So if Fergie did say that, it would tally with what the agent is supposed to have said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Your vision, though I agree with it, is dystopic and somewhat depressing. If any manager at a lower level club approached football like that he'd be ran into the sea. It is why United have such a poor record in Europe. Veron being played on the right wing is burned into my consciousness!

Would of been easier to use one of them and not both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I wouldn't be so sure, I find it difficult to predict a change in our future style of play based on players we've been linked to in the press.

We were heavily linked with Sneijder in the Summer, and obviously appeared interested, same with Nasri.

Does that mean we wanted to change our style of play this season, or did we just want to have them so they can play in a 2 man CM, or did we want them for the option of 4-3-3 in specific games?

Difficult to know. I always get the impression with Ferguson that he buys players that are versatile and that he likes, and doesn't put a whole lot of emphasis on what their signing will mean for the formation in the future. A kind of 'get them on board and lets see what happens' approach. All depends on what kind of form the current players are showing at the club, like for example if Hernandez is playing really well and scoring lots of goals, imo he will play him regularly in a 4-4-1-1 regardless of the fact someone like Hazard or Gaitan is signed. He would then shoehorn Hazard/Gaitan on the wing (in competition with our current wingers) or play them in a two man CM v weak opposition. If Hernanez/Welbeck aren't playing well, use the 4-3-3 with Rooney as the striker and/or play that way in all big games.

In essence, I think the signing of one of those players wouldn't indicate a change in philosophy, just gives more options to the squad.

You use alot of big words :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nani is some boy. He's after going and getting engaged. She's lovely looking. I wish him well.

Hopefully he celebrates with a couple of goals on Monday night.
    Nani ‏ @luisnani
    I'm happy to announce that we're engaged :-)

162724_melt.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

whats with all the Phil Jones sigs, weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

NinjaK wrote: »
    whats with all the Phil Jones sigs, weird

What's with all the crucifixes around Christians necks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Keno 92 wrote: »
    What's with all the crucifixes around Christians necks?

Keeps the Vampires away .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

anyone else dreading the summer transfer window?

2 reasons for me
    1. We be linked with about 100 different players and end up disappointed few times when turns out they do not want come or the deal was never on in first place.
    2. We may only buy 1 Midfielder and that would be a serious disappointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

anyone else dreading the summer transfer window?

2 reasons for me
    1. We be linked with about 100 different players and end up disappointed few times when turns out they do not want come or the deal was never on in first place.
    2. We may only buy 1 Midfielder and that would be a serious disappointment

I usually ignore 95% of ****e thats printed cause its just bs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ya, I don't understand why people get annoyed with it and are like 'OMG stop with all the transfer talk'

It gives us something to do in the Summer, as long as we don't waste too much time on on the ridiculous stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I love silly season. It's a great time to get use of all that unwanted lather that was bought for you at Xmas while reading football-rumours.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ya, I don't understand why people get annoyed with it and are like 'OMG stop with all the transfer talk'

It gives us something to do in the Summer, as long as we don't waste too much time on on the ridiculous stories.

I agree, there is nothing I hate more than that fcuking phrase "transfer muppets".

I mean "Rumours" is even in the title of the thread! If you don't like me talking about potential targets then fair enough, but calling people muppets just because they talk about rumours is getting very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I only call people that expect totally unrealistic signings transfer muppets.

I never see what harm discussing does.

I agree, there is nothing I hate more than that fcuking phrase "transfer muppets".

I mean "Rumours" is even in the title of the thread! If you don't like me talking about potential targets then fair enough, but calling people muppets just because they talk about rumours is getting very annoying.

people who call you that should just get ban.

A long one.

Does anyone here think cabaye would be good enough for us?

• Advertisement

Does anyone here think cabaye would be good enough for us?

Be good buy.

He would not be sold on cheap though I reckon.

If Newcastle were to get CL football he may well stay there for another season too.

Just my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Be good buy.

He would not be sold on cheap though I reckon.

If Newcastle were to get CL football he may well stay there for another season too.

Just my 2c

If Newcastle have any intention of staying in or around the top 4 next season they need to do all they can to keep that team together for another season at least.
    with a full season under their belts together as a team they could come out next season even stronger.(Or suffer 2nd season syndrome!!!)

killwill wrote: »
    If Newcastle have any intention of staying in or around the top 4 next season they need to do all they can to keep that team together for another season at least.
    with a full season under their belts together as a team they could come out next season even stronger.(Or suffer 2nd season syndrome!!!)

Yep its the way most teams go when they have good year.

I think CL football will keep most of there top players at the club anyway.

killwill wrote: »

I think we should leave newcastle be, especially since liverpool financed there excellent summer signings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Its depressing to see chelsea doing what they are doing to barca tonight. We met them in 2009 and 2011 when they were at full strength and unstoppable. 2010 and 2012 they ve been below par compared to 09 and 2011. Aswell as that Chelsea are very average.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

n32 wrote: »
    Its depressing to see chelsea doing what they are doing to barca tonight. We met them in 2009 and 2011 when they were at full strength and unstoppable. 2010 and 2012 they ve been below par compared to 09 and 2011. Aswell as that Chelsea are very average.:mad:

Well they dominated both them matches in 2010 and 2012 and we could easily be talking about Barca going for 4 Champs leagues in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Having been up for chelski for the night I feel so dirty. Saying that Ronaldo vs Chelski in the CL final could bring back some good memories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

POSSY wrote: »
    Having been up for chelski for the night I feel so dirty. Saying that Ronaldo vs Chelski in the CL final could bring back some good memories!!

Weird feeling, really happy for Chelsea winning.

I guess its easier knowing they have no chance of winning it after their first team was decimated by suspensions.

Fuhrer wrote: »

I guess its easier knowing they have no chance of winning it after their first team was decimated by suspensions.

For me I hate Barcelona with a passion. I think they are the definition of petulant, arrogant, dicks. So seeing the "greatest team of all time" win sweet **** all makes me very happy. And not to start a Ronaldo vs Messi debate, if Ronaldo missed that penalty and did as a **** all as Messi did tonight can you imagine the backlash?

• Advertisement

For me I hate Barcelona with a passion. I think they are the definition of petulant, arrogant, dicks. So seeing the "greatest team of all time" win sweet **** all makes me very happy. And not to start a Ronaldo vs Messi debate, if Ronaldo missed that penalty and did as a **** all as Messi did tonight can you imagine the backlash?

The fact he played with United has lot to do with that.

You ask any fan around the world bar England or Ireland and they will say he is unreal player including Barca fans.

Have relatives who are from Barcelona and are Barca nuts and they still have admiration for Ronaldo. They hate him, but they admire him as great player too.

The fact he played with United has lot to do with that.

You ask any fan around the world bar England or Ireland and they will say he is unreal player including Barca fans.

Have relatives who are from Barcelona and are Barca nuts and they still have admiration for Ronaldo. They hate him, but they admire him as great player too.

Spot on. It still baffles me how people question his quality so much. I'd imagine (if Real win the CL) he will get Ballon d'or this year. I know some of his critics say he isn't a big game player but hopefully the past weekend has put that to bed (although if scoring in a CL final didn't I'm not sure anything can).

Some performance tonight, it makes you wonder though what might have been if we'd changed our game plan to face Barca last year. Plus, I know a lot of people are saying the premier league is in decline but when you look at it the CL finals Pool 05/07, Arsenal 06, Chelsea 08/12 United 08/09/11 those are astonishing stats. Admittedly we were shown up in the finals against Barca but these things happen.

Whoever questions Ronaldo's quality does not watch football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Spot on. It still baffles me how people question his quality so much. I'd imagine (if Real win the CL) he will get Ballon d'or this year. I know some of his critics say he isn't a big game player but hopefully the past weekend has put that to bed (although if scoring in a CL final didn't I'm not sure anything can).

Some performance tonight, it makes you wonder though what might have been if we'd changed our game plan to face Barca last year. Plus, I know a lot of people are saying the premier league is in decline but when you look at it the CL finals Pool 05/07, Arsenal 06, Chelsea 08/12 United 08/09/11 those are astonishing stats. Admittedly we were shown up in the finals against Barca but these things happen.

Tinfoil hat time. Mourinho had a long, long chat with Bobby before the tie. that was two Jose specials there on Barca. Identical to the Inter semi, even down to the man off.

Tinfoil hat time. Mourinho had a long, long chat with Bobby before the tie. that was two Jose specials there on Barca. Identical to the Inter semi, even down to the man off.

I'd say that was probably Terry's plan alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Welbeck should watch videos of drogba(with the play acting edited out) and learn more about leading the line and throwing his weight about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Fuhrer wrote: »

They made 8 changes on Saturday and got a point away to Arsenal - that said there are big players missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Welbeck should watch videos of drogba(with the play acting edited out) and learn more about leading the line and throwing his weight about.

Completely different players though. I think Welbeck holds the ball up as well as anyone up front for United and leads the line pretty well. Sure he can improve, he's young, but he'll never have the physical presence that Drogba has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What's the story if Chelski go on to win the thing, would Newcastle miss out if they finish 4th?

Eathrin wrote: »
    What's the story if Chelski go on to win the thing, would Newcastle miss out if they finish 4th?

Yep.

Yep. If Chelsea win the CL only the top three teams qualify(and Chelsea of course)

• Advertisement

IMO it would just be so wrong to deny Newcastle that opportunity after all their incredible work this season. I would hope they make an appeal and get slotted in at the first qualifying round or something along the lines of that.

IMO it would just be so wrong to deny Newcastle that opportunity after all their incredible work this season. I would hope they make an appeal and get slotted in at the first qualifying round or something along the lines of that.

Can't see that happening but it may not come to that for more than the one reason discussed.

They may finish outside the top four or, and this is more likely to happen than them finishing outside the top four IMO, they may finish third and qualify anyway. :)

adox wrote: »
    Can't see that happening but it may not come to that for more than the one reason discussed.

They may finish outside the top four or, and this is more likely to happen than them finishing outside the top four IMO, they may finish third and qualify anyway. :)

Well ideally they beat City and claim 3rd in the process but more likely imo is Chelsea losing the final. I'm just talking hypothetically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Well ideally they beat City and claim 3rd in the process but more likely imo is Chelsea losing the final. I'm just talking hypothetically.

Despite great performances over 2 legs against barca, I see madrid battering chelsea in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Madrid have to get to the final yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Despite great performances over 2 legs against barca, I see madrid battering chelsea in the final.

Bet you thought Barca would batter Chelsea too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Scoreline aside. They did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

But that's all that matters at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Scoreline aside. They did.

in all fairness, thats something id expect from a liverpool fan as one of their usual excuses...

unbelieveable stuff from Chelsea, they fully deserve it to be honest. once again, barca beating over 2 legs, its happened in 08, 10 and now 12 and arsenal and real both should have beaten them last year and perhaps would have done were it not for some shocking decisions in their favour.

they are virtually unbeatable in finals and one off big games normally, but over 2 legs there is a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'd say Bayern will have something to say about that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement