Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The only good thing about Barca getting knocked out is fact that certain Barca fan on boards who cant help but have a dig at United at every opportunity will be quiet boy for while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Dont know about anyone else but if i had the choice between Ronaldo and Messi i'd have Ronaldo in my team every day of the week. Ronaldo's attitude sometimes lets him down and i think that gives the utd haters reason to lambast him but for me there's no doubt that Ronaldos a threat from more parts of the field. Messi seems to score a very similar type of goal a lot whereas you dont know where Ronaldo will try from imo. Have to say that i love watching Messi though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The only good thing about Barca getting knocked out is fact that certain Barca fan on boards who cant help but have a dig at United at every opportunity will be quiet boy for while.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

kryogen wrote: »
    Who?

W?????, I presume!

Who?
    bullvine wrote: »
    W?????, I presume!

you guessed correct Bullvine.

Anyone here lucky to be going to City game next Monday?

Hazard rumours continue
    Hazard told Sky Sports: "I am flattered by the compliment coming from the top manager in world football.

"I did not know he was at the game to be honest but no one knew he came to watch me because I was not aware.

"Manchester United are a very top team and anyone would listen to them."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hazard rumours continue

That's a recycled quote from over a month ago!

That's a recycled quote from over a month ago!

really?

Seen it on few sites.

Ah well..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

really?

Seen it on few sites.

Ah well..

Yeah, i remember he was quoted as saying that originally when Fergie went to watch Lille last month. Metro and a few other sites just made it seem as if he said it recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I found out during the week that Etihad is Aribic for 'United'

Kind of ironic that City play at the 'United Stadium'

Im going to refer to it as the United Stadium from now on.

Hazard rumours continue

This Hazard stuff is very similar to the Ronaldinho stuff tbh

I remember reading The Sun at the time and they said we had "Signed Ronaldinho". They also said same about Viduka at some point.

Just both parties publicly batting their eyelids at each other etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Hazard rumours continue

Very similar to the sneijder rumours aswel from last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Very similar to the s****** rumours aswel from last year!

Shhhh don't mention his name!! we might inadvertently start those rumours again!!

I hear the deal has been done, flew in to Manchester late last night under cover of darkness and thrashed out all the details, all that is left to do is agree a fee with the club. Inter are thought to have lowered their asking price quite considerably if we include Park in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm not really going overboard praising him. I think he is a class player who has had a few high profile disciplinary issues. He reminds me of one or two United legends in that regards!

I'm all right with a bit of ill-discipline traded off for skill if a player has that quality. But I don't think a centre back can have poor discipline and still be good. And I really don't rate him that highly as a defender anyway.
    It is a fair point to say that United are well stocked in numbers but honestly would you be happy with two of Jones Smalling and/or Evans minding the house on Monday night?

United's problems on both sides of fullback are documented and Smalling looks a better option there for now. Jones had so far failed the auditions at CB and Ferdinand and Vidic are no guarantees for prolonged periods for next season. You are potentially left with one recognised, established, fit centre-back in Evans. Evans wouldn't win a header off the seven dwarves.

Vidic and Rio may be injury worries next season (that might be a bit harsh on Vida tbf), but we really are well stocked there. Probably the best of any team in the world I would say.

The fullback situation for now is a good opportunity to spread games around for the CBs who can handle that position, or it's something that needs to be fixed itself, but it's not a reason to buy more centre backs.

Even though Smalling is good at fb he's already an excellent CB and Evans does all right for a back up (I agree he is shìte in the air); Jones may have made some mistakes but given a chance at CB in a settled back four he will show his quality imo. If anything is needed it is fullbacks. Any more centre backs coming to the club would just be a waste imo.
    Look all this is speculation and it's fun to speculate but no point in getting too hot about it either as it is just for now made up guff.

Personally I think people are choosing to remember Pepe's contribution to the game as a few moments of madness. Roy Keane could have an interesting video nasty likewise Cantona. I would not reject a player based on any perceived volitility. I think Pepe has been brilliant this year for Real. Composed and aggressive in the air. I think he has been Real's best defender and is capable of doing a job further up the field. He can pick a pass too. the season befgore sent off once. He has only been sent off once this year, for two yellows. Ozil has two straight this season!

Footnote: After all I've said he'll probably leave the track of his studs in some Bayern player's head tomorrow night and headbutt a team-mate after being sent off!

There's nothing wrong with the fun and speculation and you've raised some good points about him, it was the immediate jump to ''people know little about football'' that got everybody riled.

I promise to not mention it in here if he goes mental tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hazard has now been "strongly" linked with every major Premiership club (and Spurs! :D)

Its still anybodys guess who he will sign for, and even if he will come to England. From the few comments you can genuinely attribute to him, it will be about playing time and competing for the major trophies.
    He knows he will be well paid, where ever he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I remember reading The Sun at the time and they said we had "Signed Ronaldinho". They also said same about Viduka at some point.

I loved Sanchez one though. They were convinced that we signed Sanchez.

splash_SANCHESTER_1327756a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Gotta love Gary Neville!

http://vimeo.com/40998935

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

575799_349509395106142_176894232367660_1022931_12161444_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Pro. F wrote: »
    I promise to not mention it in here if he goes mental tonight ;)

Ah no feel free! I've built him/ me up for a fall!

I go nuts when I see people pick one part of a players game and base the fact that he is class/****e on that. Overall we'll agree to disagree, I think after the Messi stamp last year Mourinho took him aside and I think he has turned him into an excellent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

http://vimeo.com/40987522

Unbelievable...even if it does involve Munster success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

POSSY wrote: »

Don't be jelly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

POSSY wrote: »

I was enjoying watching that vid until it came to Cluxtons kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

do you think if we change formation to 4-2-3-1 like a lot of people think that we need too defensive midfielders, for example, would this be creative enough?

dea gea

Smalling
    ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

tiote
    Carrick

---Valencia
    Hazard
    nani

Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Two of those players do not play for Manchester United.

Two of those players do not play for Manchester United.

very astute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I really wish we had signed Benzema a few years ago instead of letting him go to Real. He's brilliant. A pure tank. The effort he puts in is amazing and he can put the ball away when he needs as well.

If Jose ever joins us then I hope he brings Benzema and a few others with him.

• Advertisement

I really wish we had signed Benzema a few years ago instead of letting him go to Real. He's brilliant. A pure tank. The effort he puts in is amazing and he can put the ball away when he needs as well.

If Jose ever joins us then I hope he brings Benzema and a few others with him.

we didnt let him go he chose to go, at the time we were linked with him we had a better player in our ranks called carlos teves despite his flaws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

we didnt let him go he chose to go, at the time we were linked with him we had a better player in our ranks called carlos teves despite his flaws

That's what I meant, I just got the wording wrong.

very astute

I should clarify, why are they in a team sheet for United possible line-ups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Has anyone seen this:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16216132
    Outraged Manchester United fans have attacked Facebook for refusing to remove a page mocking the 1958 Munich air disaster in which 23 people died - including 11 players and staff.

The group, 'I like to Munich Munich' is named after the 90s pop song 'I like to move it'.

It appears to have been set up by Leeds United fans and contains hundreds of slurs against Man U, mainly based on the 1958 air disaster.

The group's picture has the words "ha ha" above a picture of the wreckage of the aircraft.

What a shower of absolute cunts.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Those Leeds fans are pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Obligatory "every club has them" comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Obligatory "every club has them" comment.

Just because it's been said a hundred times already doesn't mean it's wrong! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

You love throwing up those teams and formations Shadow. Get FM imo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Imo bit of a sleeper here and pure speculation on my part but Kaka missing the pen tonight has drawn a line under his Madrid career imo and he could become surplus to requirements... Would be very like us and Fergie to try and nip in on it if it were to happen..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I should clarify, why are they in a team sheet for United possible line-ups?

As you said, possible line ups.

Is it impossible that we could have tiote and Hazard next season?

As you said, possible line ups.

Is it impossible that we could have tiote and Hazard next season?

Clearly not impossible. Pointless, however, until they are actually signed. We will be linked with probably 50 players or more this summer on every website and paper from Tribal Football to the Sun. To pluck these two guys out of thin air and use them as an example of how we could theoretically play 4231 is bizarre.

It's not like he is supposing how we would play if we get one of these players. He is asking would we need another DM if we played a specific formation and then shoehorned Tiote and Hazard in for good measure. Why not use players from the current side as an example as it is unlikely that we will sign either of these players, considering that we do not sign 99% of players that we are linked to?

I'm just really not a fan of these kinds of posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

spiralism wrote: »
    Imo bit of a sleeper here and pure speculation on my part but Kaka missing the pen tonight has drawn a line under his Madrid career imo and he could become surplus to requirements... Would be very like us and Fergie to try and nip in on it if it were to happen..:pac:

No I wouldn't be for this at all.
    He is a shadow of the player he was.
    Would want fairly substantial wages.
    Think injury has taken its toll.
    He's 30 aswell don't see much point in it.
    Will probably head back to brazil soon

Kaka can still do it when trusted imo, 5 assists in the CL this season with his limited playing time, but he is too old, and his wage demands would be too much for us.

Mourinho doesnt use him correctly because he loves his 2 DM's unfortunately, can anybody honestly tell me what is the point of Khedeira?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this fella does an awesome SAF, Big Mick ain't half bad either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kaka can still do it when trusted imo, 5 assists in the CL this season with his limited playing time, but he is too old, and his wage demands would be too much for us.

Mourinho doesnt use him correctly because he loves his 2 DM's unfortunately, can anybody honestly tell me what is the point of Khedeira?
    Trust me, if Khedira was at United you'd see what his 'point' is.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Trust me, if Khedira was at United you'd see what his 'point' is.

Maybe, anytime I watch him he leaves me distinctly underwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

zerks wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16216132

What a shower of absolute cunts.:mad::mad:

While it's sickening, I'm glad facebook didn't take the page down. The only way to know whose opinion in this world is worthless is to hand them free speech on all matters, then the idiots surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maybe, anytime I watch him he leaves me distinctly underwhelmed.

He starts for Germany and Real Madrid. He's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ShooterSF wrote: »
    While it's sickening, I'm glad facebook didn't take the page down. The only way to know whose opinion in this world is worthless is to hand them free speech on all matters, then the idiots surface.

Not as bad as the guy on YouTube with the username "DeadManUtdBastards"

It's absolutely disgusting. There are some f*cking sick people out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Rooney10 wrote: »
    ShooterSF wrote: »

Not as bad as the guy on YouTube with the username "DeadManUtdBastards"

It's absolutely disgusting. There are some f*cking sick people out there.

I wouldn't classify these people as sick.
    They are morons. Pure and simple. Trying to give it the big one online. I'd say at best they are teenagers trying to be the big men.
    With all the arrests and fines for abuse on Twitter coming now, it won't be long before these morons start to cop onto themselves.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement