Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kryogen wrote: »
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    And Chico...

And Bebe ;)
    Who?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have been wondering actually, why does Viera seem to have no love for Arsenal anymore? He is all City these days, I know he got a job off them and all, but his name is synonymous with the Arsenal title winning teams, should he not be considered an Arsenal legend/ex player/fan rather then a City one? He played what one season with City? 2 maybe?

Just thought he would have had more of an affinity for Arsenal is all, thinking out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Valencia has been incredible for us recently.

With a couple of CM additions in the summer, a young left back and another striker we will have a real pacey squad.

Young left back? pacey? look no further then Fabio da Silva! (just keep him fit :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

City have some excellent players and a really good first 11 (even 16) but outside of this, they are a horribly overated squad. as soon as they lost the 2 toures, had Mario suspended and got 2 injuries, Mancini was crying about not having enough players, despite €600million spent in 4 years

In fairness, any team would have felt that hit no matter what the quality of the squad. Especially if the absences were pretty much all first teamers, which they were.

Its easy to throw the figures out there on what they have spent, but to overhaul an average squad, get a top manager and coaching staff etc and achieve success in very few years that is the sort of money in the current climate that would have to be pumped into the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

kryogen wrote: »
    Young left back? pacey? look no further then Fabio da Silva! (just keep him fit :))

I am just so against having a right footed player playing LB especially in the modern game. The wingers nowadays are usually playing on opposite sides, for example, Nani or Young for ourselves. Their tendency will be to cut inside and whether he likes it or not Fabio will tend to do the same because it's favouring his stronger foot. This will just cause so many problems, FB's are so important in today's game, they are now seen as attackers rather than out and out defenders, they are there to stretch the back 4 of the opposition to create space for the other attackers. I want a FB who is willing to get the byline and deliver crosses or pull backs, not someone who is likely to cut inside clogging things up.

I know people will cite the likes of Lahm and Zambrotta and who knows maybe Fabio will actually turn out to be a really good LB and make me eat my words but I actually think he is a better RB than LB and personally I'd have him in ahead of Rafael. It will def be interesting to see how Fergie goes about replacing someone like Evra.

I am just so against having a right footed player playing LB especially in the modern game. The wingers nowadays are usually playing on opposite sides, for example, Nani or Young for ourselves. Their tendency will be to cut inside and whether he likes it or not Fabio will tend to do the same because it's favouring his stronger foot. This will just cause so many problems, FB's are so important in today's game, they are now seen as attackers rather than out and out defenders, they are there to stretch the back 4 of the opposition to create space for the other attackers. I want a FB who is willing to get the byline and deliver crosses or pull backs, not someone who is likely to cut inside clogging things up.

I know people will cite the likes of Lahm and Zambrotta and who knows maybe Fabio will actually turn out to be a really good LB and make me eat my words but I actually think he is a better RB than LB and personally I'd have him in ahead of Rafael. It will def be interesting to see how Fergie goes about replacing someone like Evra.

Surely the reverse could then be used, as in a right footed wing back and a left footed winger. The wing back could cut inside and create space wide for the winger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

In fairness, any team would have felt that hit no matter what the quality of the squad. Especially if the absences were pretty much all first teamers, which they were.

Its easy to throw the figures out there on what they have spent, but to overhaul an average squad, get a top manager and coaching staff etc and achieve success in very few years that is the sort of money in the current climate that would have to be pumped into the club.

one thing I admire about Utd is that for what 2/3 seasons now? You have lost most of your CB's due to injury, been forced to play midfielders there at one time or another and STILL mounted a challenge\won the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Surely the reverse could then be used, as in a right footed wing back and a left footed winger. The wing back could cut inside and create space wide for the winger.

Yeah I take your point, I meant to say something along those lines but forgot. If we had someone like Bale who is an out and out left winger (despite Harry thinking he can play from the right) then you could most definitely get away with having someone like Fabio there but fact is there aren't that many true wingers about these days which makes it difficult.

Yeah I take your point, I meant to say something along those lines but forgot. If we had someone like Bale who is an out and out left winger (despite Harry thinking he can play from the right) then you could most definitely get away with having someone like Fabio there but fact is there aren't that many true wingers about these days which makes it difficult.

Stewart Downing might be available ;)

one thing I admire about Utd is that for what 2/3 seasons now? You have lost most of your CB's due to injury, been forced to play midfielders there at one time or another and STILL mounted a challenge\won the title

True, it is admirable that Fergie can drive the players like that. That they can still put up a massive fight no matter where they play...but of course, no matter how hard those players try, it is no substitute to a seasoned defender and it will cost the team in the end, usually in an elite competition such as the Champions League.

Title is a different story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

and united have had almost every first team and back up player injured this season. we also had at 3 different times, 10 plus players missing.

we put out perhaps the worst team since 2004 against blackburn, lost to Newcastle 4 days later, yet are still top of the table.

clubs get injuries and city have been really lucky in that respect. theyve ha to deal with about 20% of the losses we have had.

"I doubt you'll find too many United fans disagreeing with the notion that the midfield has been a weak point for a few years now. Really Paddy, as far as mind games go, that was sh1te."
    - OpenG

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7614747/Vieira-Spots-Weakness-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Trilla wrote: »
    "I doubt you'll find too many United fans disagreeing with the notion that the midfield has been a weak point for a few years now. Really Paddy, as far as mind games go, that was sh1te."
    - OpenG

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7614747/Vieira-Spots-Weakness-

Great article on Berbatov also on 365 today

http://www.football365.com/faves/7613379/F365-Features

Sky Sports reporting a July return for Vidic. Ah how I miss his Serbian head getting smacked all over the pitch as he throws himself into all sorts of situations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

July return? Just in time for, err... next season.

Must be a slow news day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sky Sports reporting a July return for Vidic. Ah how I miss his Serbian head getting smacked all over the pitch as he throws himself into all sorts of situations.

Vidic said that in his web chat. He was not 100% sure, just tentative and if everything goes according to plan.
    When will you be back to full fitness?

It's going well. Obviously the projection was I would be ready for the next season. I am on schedule and will hopefully start training again in July.

July return? Just in time for, err... next season.

Must be a slow news day.

Well it was either that or Guardiola comparing Messi to Michael Jordan, take your pick ;)

• Advertisement

Well it was either that or Guardiola comparing Messi to Michael Jordan, take your pick ;)

Hopefully there will be good news for us and Chelsea come 10pm tonight ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Trilla wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be good news for us and Chelsea come 10pm tonight ;)

TBH Trills i don't care bout them any more. We're top it's ours to win/lose from here on. Win our games and keep that pressure on. 20/22 points will go close from here on i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Everybody's new favourite team Athletic Bilbao lost 2-1 at Atletico Madrid tonight... Feckin' game-raisers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Stewart Downing might be available ;)

That's a joke, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yes yes yes yes Gary Cahill yes

Get the fcuk in there Cahill.

Time for Tevez to show his rotton face again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would still take draw, win for Chelsea be bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Chelsea would help the goal difference with another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lads is MOTD on tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

IvySlayer wrote: »

tis, 22:45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

11 less 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Debatable penalty

Debatable penalty

Nah, would of been harsh not to give it. You'll not get away with that these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Debatable penalty

The debate wouldn't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

It's a Utd like turn around from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well, after watching 90mins of mis-controlling the ball, mis-placing 5-yard passes and offering no threat whatsoever... I can confirm I am very happy that I am not a Chelsea fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

So, we pretty much have to win 9/9 in the run in.

A top LOI team would have beaten Chelsea tonight, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

DB21 wrote: »
    Don't write off Arsenal against City just yet.

Well that was the absolute worst possible way that game could have panned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

DB21 wrote: »

Draw against City and 8 wins would be enough right? City have won all their home games though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Don't write off Arsenal against City just yet.
    City are away to Stoke next too.

Anyhoo, realistically I wasn't expecting them to drop points tonight anyway, so meh.

• Advertisement

I was hoping Chelsea could get a draw tonight, really disappointed they couldn't do that much. Even when they scored I was praying for a draw because they were fcuking ****e out there!

As long as we don't get beat at the Etihad, no easy task, we are still in the driving seat, Stoke will be tough, as will Arsenal for them. Hope to God they drop points cause we surely will.

At least Liverpool has cheered me up a little;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sparky the legend. :cool:

Liverpool

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A top LOI team would have beaten Chelsea tonight, seriously.

Or even Liverpool!!!

Didn't expect much from Chelsea tonight and not surprised they could not hold on tbh....
    I f we can get a result of some sort there i will be delighted and expect us to hold on for the league

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement