Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The chelsea doctor is HOT

She is gorgeous alright. I can see now why Drogba goes down feigning injury the whole time. I'd be doing the same if she was coming on to give me treatment.
    Alan Pardew just gave it

Brilliant. I didn't hear his interview. That's a huge boost now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

On the UTD site it has an interview with Fergie about the reserve players going out on loan next season, quite a few of them including Fryers. So if Fabio & Fryers go out on loan, what cover does that leave at LB exactly? Surely there has to be a signing made in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Augmerson wrote: »
    Who do United have left in the league?

Swansea and Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

On the UTD site it has an interview with Fergie about the reserve players going out on loan next season, quite a few of them including Fryers. So if Fabio & Fryers go out on loan, what cover does that leave at LB exactly? Surely there has to be a signing made in that case.
    It looking like Clyne will sign for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

LostBoy101 wrote: »

He's a RB I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Whats the odds of an Obertan winner on sunday, along the lines of gibson v city.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The chelsea doctor is HOT

No wonder Drogba is always falling down and rolling around the place :D

pa-12760698.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He's a RB I thought

He is a RB but can play Left.
    UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Whats the odds of an Obertan winner on sunday, along the lines of gibson v city.

Considering he won't play, quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kippy wrote: »
    United already failed to take advantage of an 8 point lead at one stage, and to be fair, at this point, I think City are the more deserving of either team, as much as it pains me to say it.
    It may give United the kick up the backside to invest in the players they need and banish the media myth that United "know how to see seasons out".

Both teams have blown big leads, all that matters now is the next two games.

Cant see City not lifting the trophy to be honest. The Everton game will sting for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

kryogen wrote: »
    Both teams have blown big leads, all that matters now is the next two games.

Cant see City not lifting the trophy to be honest. The Everton game will sting for a while
    Yeah - but United "know how to win leagues" - apparently that was all they needed to win the league this year with the lead that they had. Evidently not.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    So basically, if Evra were to get injured (has to happen some time), then Clyne, a RB, would be our first choice LB?

I really really hope that's not the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Keno 92 wrote: »
    He is a RB but can play Left.

Considering he won't play, quite high.
    Is he banned?
    Thinking as a sub TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

retarded comment

snore...your comments have been shít all season so I wont pay any heed to this, if anything you are vindicating what I said by disagreeing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If Tiote and Caybaye were signed by United in the summer would you guys be disapointed in that we didnt sign anyone more high profile, I think they would be perfect for us and are exactly what we need, caybaye is the more creative of the two but can also tackle, there are actually 4 newcastle players that would walk into our team

Tiote
    Caybaye
    Krul
    Cisse

Liam O wrote: »
    snore...your comments have been shít all season so I wont pay any heed to this, if anything you are vindicating what I said by disagreeing with it.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I would have DDG over Krul and it's far too early to make any kind of judgement on Cisse. Looks great so far but let us see how it goes. I'd prefer to let Welbeck and Hernandez develop atm.

Cabaye and Tiote would be interesting, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If Tiote and Caybaye were signed by United in the summer would you guys be disapointed in that we didnt sign anyone more high profile, I think they would be perfect for us and are exactly what we need, caybaye is the more creative of the two but can also tackle, there are actually 4 newcastle players that would walk into our team

Tiote
    Caybaye
    Krul
    Cisse

Did I hear Ferguson say somewhere that he is only going to buy a full back for next season and that's it? Apologies if I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Tiote
    Caybaye
    Krul
    Cisse

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

576588_356652604393664_242352039157055_984499_2118837684_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

more like...

Arwzyf_CQAA63eI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Tiote and Cabaye are exactly the types of players than United need. Whether it should be those 2 players is another question,

Question for everyone....

If you had to choose between being in our current position and Chelsea's current position, which would it be? Being in the CL Final would be great of course, but if they lose that then they are royally fúcked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

If you had to choose between being in our current position and Chelsea's current position, which would it be? Being in the CL Final would be great of course, but if they lose that then they are royally fúcked.
    Current position, because our team simply wouldn't beat Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If we didnt have Chelseas suspensions or the equivalent... had Vidic, Fletcher and Cleverly flying fit then it would be very tempting tbh.

I'd still pick current one though, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Cisse to UTD this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Tiote
    Caybaye
    Krul
    Cisse

Cisse? Maybe

de Gea >> Krul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Cisse to UTD this summer.

don't care where he goes in summer so long as he scores a hat trick Sunday! Such a shame they have 3 games in 8 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Yeah but Neville, Johnsen and O'Shea didn't cost anywhere near what Jones cost. He could turn out to be a great player for Utd, but huge improvements needed.

Just on this: A hell of a lot of clubs were meant to be in for Jones last summer and we were forced to make a move. The price was the result of a lot of things - age profile, English, other clubs interested.

If we hadn't signed him and he'd been performing brilliantly for Spurs (Harry was keen to sign him) we'd all be complaining about "we missed out again, typical". We can't have it every which way. He's performed decent enough this year, but looked to have lost a bit of confidence since January.

Also, it's a bit unfair to change our tunes from seeing him as the future center back of our club and potentially the young player of the year before Xmas, to being a jack-of-all-trades player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I said it a few days ago that Tiote and Cabaye style players are exactly whats needed for next season, I would prefer Modric over Cabaye, obviously he would be alot more expensive but that hopefully won't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liam O wrote: »
    City will beat Newcastle. Of that I'm quite sure.

This. Not allowing myself even a smidgen of hope. City aren't going to piss it away from this position. No offence to Newcastle, they've been brilliant this season but City will beat them Sunday and it's not some anti-jinx thing either.

Anyway, last home game Sunday so I'm assuming there will be a Fergie message and lap from the players after full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

You can't compare Jones to O'Shea until he has done this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Owen_S wrote: »

And this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

J. Marston wrote: »
    This. Not allowing myself even a smidgen of hope. City aren't going to piss it away from this position.

believe_243843.jpg

Until it is mathematically impossible, never give up hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

believe_243843.jpg

Until it is mathematically impossible, never give up hope.

I think we'll win our two games but so will City.

It really makes me uneasy seeing how many people are convinced Newcastle are going to do City on Sunday, both on here and on Facebook I am seeing far more optimism for Newcastle v City than I did City vs United. I honestly reckon City will go out and win 1-3.

Absolutely. Newcastle's form against the traditional big 6 this season has been very hit and miss. 12 points from a possible 33 including tonight. Not exactly something to hang your hat on.

At this moment in time Krul is a better Keeper than De Gea, Im sure in the long term De Gea will eventually be better but Krul has made Zero mistakes all season ,in fact he's been the best keeper in the league making saves he's had no right to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

hes about 3 miles offside there and the look of disbelief hes gotten away with it

Krul has of course made mistakes. You just don't see them because his profile is not as high as De Gea's and also because you don't watch every single minute of Newcastle's games like yo do with Manchester United.

• Advertisement

john47832 wrote: »
    hes about 3 miles offside there and the look of disbelief hes gotten away with it

Clearly being played on, no? :confused:

I think he was more surprised that his feet had done what they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It really makes me uneasy seeing how many people are convinced Newcastle are going to do City on Sunday, both on here and on Facebook I am seeing far more optimism for Newcastle v City than I did City vs United. I honestly reckon City will go out and win 1-3.

Its clinging onto hope. Its all we have now.

I still think City will do em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Do you need someone to explain the offside rule to you mate?

no thanks - been watchin referees makin up new rules for united the last few seasons - fookin delighted hasnt worked for them this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

no thanks - been watchin referees makin up new rules for united the last few seasons - fookin delighted hasnt worked for them this season :D

The fact that you think O Sheas goal was offside, its no wonder you've been ''watchin reerees makin up new rules for united'', cause you don't understand the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Have you any evidence to your retarded claims?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

We have the league in the bag mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

At this moment in time Krul is a better Keeper than De Gea, Im sure in the long term De Gea will eventually be better but Krul has made Zero mistakes all season ,in fact he's been the best keeper in the league making saves he's had no right to

What a bizzare thing to say. Just because you didnt see it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Krul is absolutely terrible with the ball at his feet and his distribution is awful, two of the best parts of De Gea's game. I have seen Tim Krul make basic goalkeeping mistakes, as has a friend who is a Newcastle season ticket holder who would be one of his biggest fans, he acknowledges there are many areas to improve. While he is a great keeper and is having a great season, I personally would hold De Gea in higher standing in terms of potential to grow, to suggest that Krul would "walk into the United team" is utter bollox.

Have you any evidence to your retarded claims?

Nope - just came here to listen to a load of retarded mancs sulkin

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement