Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from boards.ie Soccer forum for a year for enquiring about access in Help Desk

Options
  • 18-03-2012 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hello, I registered on here last month.

I made an access request for Soccer when I was here a month. 8 days passed and I enquired about the access request, was there a problem. I made a request for Ranting & Raving and was granted access within 2 days.

I was then banned for a year. Appearently you cant make a simple request about this. I was told it was in the charter that you can't do this, but I read the charter already.

But I found out later, there are posts below the charter, and then the piece about not asking in the help desk was at the bottom of the page, hidden away.

I felt that this was unfair. I am a new user, having never used the help desk forum before. I felt intimidated by all the posts telling me to never do this or that since the ban. What can I do?

I felt the ban was grossly excessive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Discussing this with the mods. I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Righto....I see you see you have access to the soccer forum anyway, so this is really just a formality.

I discussed it with the soccer mods anyway and they have decided that the rule was overly harsh. The year rule has been lowered to 3 months in the charter.

Marking resolved.

Advertisement