Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Options
  • 18-03-2012 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Discuss:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

review copy is waiting in the office for me on monday. im looking forward to it i have to say. it'll be nice to give the vita a break :P

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

I am literally gobsmacked, i can't even comprehend the level of awesomeness of your job:O

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game discussion for the Games forum. Moved from Nintendo forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Discuss:p

Discuss what? the game is not out yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this an rpg?

• Advertisement

Part rail shooter, part ground-based shooter/brawler.
    Looks good actually. Out on Friday, so reviews should start popping up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

damn i will need to even find my 3ds... havent touched it since ps vita came out , took my money, slaped my face and made me not to let it go even for a second... :p

Out on the 23rd I checked in Gamestop earlier, don't have the slide pad pro ghastly attachment yet but I shall pick it up for this game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam wish i had a 3ds to try this

• Registered Users Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

pdbhp wrote: »
    Out on the 23rd I checked in Gamestop earlier, don't have the slide pad pro ghastly attachment yet but I shall pick it up for this game
    It can only be used to help left handed players for this game. No other use than just swapping the controls around.

Edge gave the game 8/10 and Famitsu gave it 40/40

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It can only be used to help left handed players for this game. No other use than just swapping the controls around.

Edge gave the game 8/10 and Famitsu gave it 40/40

Didn't realise that, save a few quid then won't I.:)

Looks like a great game to showcase what the 3DS has to offer.

Picked up Shinobi yesterday hope it's good as I've completed all my other 3DS games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've said it before, never, ever trust a Famitsu review. They give good reviews if companies promise advertising revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

8.5 from IGN.

Seems the 2 main things against it are the controls and the constant talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    8.5 from IGN. Seems the 2 main things against it are the controls and the constant talking.

Yep. I wonder, can they deliver a patch online to make use of the 2nd analogue stick attachment? I imagine when they bring out the next iteration of the 3DS it'll have it integrated.

I hate Kid Icarus's voice from the trailer, I don't think i could stomach him never shutting up. He's like Sonic, got the surfer douchebag treatment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

7/10 from game informer

Good review, but...
    In fact, it has been almost 21 years years since the last game in the series made its appearance in North America on November 5th 1991, and even longer since it saw the light of day in Europe the following May.

Eh? :o

ahahah

well spotted

it was late... my logic circuit had failed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    ahahah

well spotted

it was late... my logic circuit had failed

The god is bleeding?! He is mortal!! Get him!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

the advertisement on the tv bit wrong about the mention they said featuring Nintendo newest hero Pit, the 1st Kid Icarus and it feature same hero Pit in December 1986 (Japan) July 1987 for Europe on NES,

• Advertisement

just rename character from being Kid Icarus to Pit in Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for the Game Boy May 21, 1992,

Kid Icarus: Uprising 3ds is out this Friday, it features Pit from super smash Bros Brawl as the protagonist, the limited Edition version has 9 new AR cards with the game, if want the limited Edition version then you better get it very soon, it only while stocks last.

limited edition version?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pretty impressed by this so far. It's fast-paced, the art design is a lot of fun, and although Pit's voice is a wee bit grating I do like the level of manic energy the 'banter' and background storyline provides. Will likely feel a bit more irritating when in high score mode.

Controls are certainly on the peculiar side, and definitely seems like hand-cramp-city if you spent too much time on it. However, I do think it works nonetheless. It's peculiar, but aiming particularly is very well handled. Some of the on-foot movements do take a little while to get used to, though.

I've had no pains as of yet, but i take breaks pretty regularly so that could explain it:P The flying section is absolutely perfect i feel, its just when you touch ground where it starts getting awkward. I'm hoping messing around with the control settings that i might find something more comfortable or maybe i just still have to get used to it:\

The difficulty cauldron thing is quite well implemented, i love how it really pushes you as a gamer to grow and get better and better, Its nice to see a nintendo game that can cater to whatever style of gamer you are.

On the online side, it seemed absolutely smooth and not a hint of lag to be found. I just wish there was more online game modes, capture the flag maybe or something along those lines.

For gamers who love beating high scores and collecting truckloads of bonus content in the form of idols and weapons, i think this game is pretty much amazing. Now i'm off to tinker with the land controls:p
    Wish me luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Only put an hour in so - far but I'm loving it.

I'll have to ecco the above comments about hand cramps though, it reminds me of the same pain I experienced with the FPS Metroid games on the DS. :(

The silly plastic stand thing is getting a lot more used than I thought it would.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Best menus ever!

I'll be grabbing this during the week. I know it's 45 in Gamestop. Any better anywhere else?

40 in HMV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

It's £29.99 on amazon (just over €36), if you're willing to wait for the delivery. My copy should be coming Monday or Tuesday. :) And €40.50 this week in Smyths if you have loyalty card.

Advertisement