Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So is it worth buying a ds for it :-P?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Playing this on a table with the stand really is a must.

I whacked level 1 up to difficulty 7 and just managed to beat the boss at the end. If it wasn't on the table stand there'd be no way I'd be able to to pull off some of the required hand gymnastics.

Cracking game. But I think it may lead to arthritis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I love this game. Once the controls settle in, you can really appreciate the level design. Some of the setpieces are just fantastic in the second half of the game: absolutely gorgeous art design. Only problem I have with it is that at difficulty 3.5 or so the bosses are piss easy (given the levels themselves can sometimes be trickier). Oh well, time to dial it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

The little details are amazing. For example in chapter 3 in the flying section when you see the boss, you can actually run along its back! Brought a smile to my face before i remembered i still had to kill the fecker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Great game, but seriously, just in small doses due to the controls. I played Chapter 9, and my whole forearm is aching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really enjoying it too. I think its the best looking game on the 3DS.

I'm finding ground controls hard to get used to, though.
    I really ran into trouble with those totem enemies that spin around with a rotating laser wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Wont be able to pick this up till late june :( , dammit why i bought a 3ds for

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This game is so long :eek: There are times I'd almost say too long, but at
    chapter 21 (!)
    at the moment and it keeps on throwing more variety and fun little curveballs at me
    (including a vertical scrolling stage, a Magnus stage and a hand-crampingly - seriously hand-crampingly - intense 'wave' battle).
    I reached Chapter Nine and felt like I got my money's worth, so this is just ludicrously generous!

Finished it. Delightful game. Easily the most fun and inventive game about shooting stuff in a long time. Now, to give online a whirl, crank up the difficulty and spend excessive amounts of time in the music vault (pretty much the best game soundtrack of recent times - like a Disney movie!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How important are the AR cards to this game, I am debating between getting this or Rhythm Thief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

completely unimportant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was thinking of waiting to buying this later in the year, is the stand it comes with only free with the first few shipments or will it remain bundled with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GTR63 wrote: »
    I was thinking of waiting to buying this later in the year, is the stand it comes with only free with the first few shipments or will it remain bundled with the game?

Stand isn't that important. I only played the first few levels with it. Bursts of about half an hour are more important for the auld hand cramps :)

Advertisement