Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner advertising from a local IP

Options
  • 18-03-2012 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

While this question is related to a mobile app, it's in reality more to do with Web-based advertising, so perhaps this may be the best forum for it.

Anyhow, I have a mobile app which acts as a server that hooks into the local network. Once activated the user may log into the app using a Web interface which then allows them to access information (e.g. contacts) and functionality (e.g. send SMS).

I would like to be able to add advertising to the Web pages served. However, as these would be served from a local IP and port (e.g. 192.168.1.23:8081) my understanding is that clicktru's may not be registered by the ad provider (e.g. AdSense).

Can anyone shed some light on this and any potential workaround?

Advertisement