Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What shops will be selling the 'new iPad' this Friday?

• 18-03-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭

Thinking of trying to buy the new iPad from a bricks n mortar shop this Friday and wondering what stores will be selling them?

Not going to queue outside or anything like that and If I cant get one by lunch time I'll order online.

Now I know we dont have an Apple Store here in Dublin but the impression I am getting from reading other posts is that there is plenty of stock in other shops such as Currys etc. up North.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

CompuB will have them and probably most PC Worlds, but you should call your local branch to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The new iPad is still 'coming soon' on the Apple IE store, no prices and no pre-order so doubt very much if Compub will have them this w/e.

http://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/

Edit: Compub website says March 23rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

coylemj wrote: »
    The new iPad is still 'coming soon' on the Apple IE store, no prices and no pre-order so doubt very much if Compub will have them this w/e.

http://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/

Edit: Compub website says March 23rd.

Why would apple not taking pre-orders mean that Compu B not have them? Strange logic.

I think there will be plenty available next week in Pc World, Compu B and maybe even Arnotts judging by reported stock levels in Belfast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's worth remembering that when the iPad 1 launched here it wasn't available to buy from the online Apple Store until a couple of weeks later. I don't think that will happen this time though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Currys/PC World should have them.

There's a thread in their Boards forum with updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would apple not taking pre-orders mean that Compu B not have them? Strange logic.

Strange logic you say?

The Apple Ireland store has no prices for the new iPad and availability is 'coming soon' so how do you expect to see a local retailer selling them until prices are published on the Apple website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Dades wrote: »
    Currys/PC World should have them.

There's a thread in their Boards forum with updates.

Good spot and thanks.

Looks like there will be plenty of places to buy on Friday if the thread is correct - only thing with Currys and PC World is the hard sell they give for extra warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Apple Ireland store has no prices for the new iPad and availability is 'coming soon' so how do you expect to see a local retailer selling them until prices are published on the Apple website?

The release date for shops is this Friday. I take it the release date for Apple store is also Friday (so that stores have some chance of selling the stuff).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strange logic you say?

Do you think that retailers buy them on-line and don't know yet what the prices will be ?

No, these companies have business relationships with Apple and already know what there pricing will be, just hasn't been revealed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What time did CompuB open last time? I'm working at 8.15 literally about 100metres away from the shop so an 8am opening would be great! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Have mine reserved in Harvey Norman Carrickmines for this Friday. No black 32GB available for reservation unfortunately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

chrislad wrote: »
    What time did CompuB open last time? I'm working at 8.15 literally about 100metres away from the shop so an 8am opening would be great! :)
    The last launch at CompuB was a 5pm. I was told they'll know later this week what time they'll be able to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea I spoke to Currys guy over the weekend. He said iPad2 was 5pm and the queues were absolutely mental. iPad1 they opened at 8am and the queue was OK, but it was non-stop the whole day.

But they have no idea of time until Thursday. Hopefully it will be early in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

The last launch at CompuB was a 5pm. I was told they'll know later this week what time they'll be able to sell.

I think that was due to a world wide launch at 5pm across the board , whereas this year it was an 8am launch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

CompuB in Cork just told me Friday at 9.30am, no pre-orders....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Have 250 worth of all for one vouchers , which i intend to use for the new ipad. PC World say they only accept the card not the vouchers :(

Was thinking HMV could have it on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Anybody know what time Compub will be open on Grafton Street? I was hoping it would be 8 so I could get one before work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

whiterebel wrote: »
    CompuB in Cork just told me Friday at 9.30am, no pre-orders....

I was in CompuB Dublin yesterday afternoon and they said that they did not have the release time for friday yet. Also, they didnt have a price list but estimated that it would be similar to the iPad 2 cost. As I dont have an iPad 2 it wasnt much help but i checked the website and it is probably similar to UK costs.

It does seem a great product but this sort of cloak and daggers stuff where Apple are trying to build up a demand is one of the reasons I have previously stayed away from theor products. It is a bit like the height of the Celtic Tiger boom when overpriced apartments were "released" unto the market and prospective purchasers were built up into a frenzy to purchase.

That said, I will probably still purchase an iPad 3 after the initial panic dies down and a few more reviews have been posted.

dixiefly wrote: »
    they didnt have a price list but estimated that it would be similar to the iPad 2 cost. As I dont have an iPad 2 it wasnt much help but i checked the website and it is probably similar to UK costs.

I would presume they would have the same/similar prices as/to the german store which was released on the 16th

http://store.apple.com/de/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select_ipad

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Have 250 worth of all for one vouchers , which i intend to use for the new ipad. PC World say they only accept the card not the vouchers :(

Was thinking HMV could have it on Friday

HMV open at 8:30....they sell the iPAD 2 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Just rang HMV in Henry Street and asked them if they are opening early for the iPAD launch and stocking, answer was no for both.

Having said that their website states the Apple iPad will be stocked in Dublin Henry Street and Dublin Swords.

PC World in Airside and Carrickmines open at 12.00am for one hour tonight! Excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

siobhanoh wrote: »
    PC World in Airside and Carrickmines open at 12.00am for one hour tonight! Excited!!

Linky?

Reati wrote: »

Linky?

Just on my phone now but they have a banner on the pc world website!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Just rang HMV in Kilkenny and they said that they wont be launching it tomorrow as Apple have sent an email around delaying the launch until Monday! :confused: I think some wires must be crossed somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Just on my phone now but they have a banner on the pc world website!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody know does that magnetic I pad 2 cover fit the I pad 3 ??? Just in pc world Waterford they have them in stock for release tomorrow , took my name , don't think they will have much stock !!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

decies wrote: »
    Anybody know does that magnetic I pad 2 cover fit the I pad 3 ??? Just in pc world Waterford they have them in stock for release tomorrow , took my name , don't think they will have much stock !!

Are they getting in 32gbs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

decies wrote: »
    Anybody know does that magnetic I pad 2 cover fit the I pad 3 ???

Yes it fits perfectly, Apple haven't changed the Smart Covers at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Thanks. Think I saw on clipboard name for a 32gbs

Advertisement