Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad

• 18-03-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

I have been bitten by the apple bug, it have a 32g iPhone 4s (on second as first replaced by apple), i have a 7g data plan. We like alot of other families do not have a landline anymore, I use my work laptop sometimes at home and I tether it from my iPhone.

We as a family want to now buy the new iPad and not sure what model to buy, was thinking about 32g 4g but now not sure if we should go wifi only.

The reason we are going to take the plunge and going to buy now is firstly I am sick of my 8yr old always on my iPhone playing games and when I need the phone the battery is heading down and secondly I think he is at the age to get him into technology and it won't be long until the iPads will be used for school for the school books etc and by buying it now in a few years it will be outdated and I won't mind giving it to him to bring to school. Secondly, my husband has'nt a clue how to work a computer and seems now to be messing a bit with my phone and getting the child to look up stuff for him and he likes the idea of being able to look-up stuff on the iPad. I plan on apple TV at a later stage when we update our tv's.

Should I buy the 4g version (i know we only have 3g etc) as if I am gone off they have no internet and at present have'nt any idea as too how much data they are going to use. Also when the schools get to the stage of using the iPads for school what size memory should I be thinking about (thankfully my child attends a school where technology is a high priority). We can always buy a seperate data plan at a later stage if needed.

Thanks in advance for all advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Sounds like you should get internet in your house rather than spending extra on an ipad and data subscription.

If you have UPC tv, that's a cheap way to add on internet.

Or if you buy a hotspot from one of the carriers it'll cost a similar amount to the extra you'd spend on the ipad but every device in the house could connect.

e.g. something like this http://shop.three.ie/catalogue/products/view/huawei-webcube-b153/50971/T010019

Edit: if you're getting Apple Tv, mobile broadband won't cut it and you'll need proper cabled internet from someone like UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

Hi guys, i am wondering does anyone know anything about the child ipad that is available in xtra vision at the moment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The child iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

Well it's the child pad..not made by apple.its for sale in xtra vision

Advertisement