Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies on hdd?

Options
  • 18-03-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a MW3 Xbox 360 at Christmas, and haven't switched it off since! It's really great, especially combined with the connect, Netflix and Sky Go.

Now I'm wondering what I can use the 320gb hdd for??
    Can I load it with movies?
    I have a pile of Disney DVDs, some of which I've ripped to avi format for a media player in one of the kids rooms. Can I transfer these to the 360, and if so, any pointers?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

mrmac wrote: »
    Hi, I bought a MW3 Xbox 360 at Christmas, and haven't switched it off since! It's really great, especially combined with the connect, Netflix and Sky Go.

Now I'm wondering what I can use the 320gb hdd for??
    Can I load it with movies?
    I have a pile of Disney DVDs, some of which I've ripped to avi format for a media player in one of the kids rooms. Can I transfer these to the 360, and if so, any pointers?

Cheers.

Can't be done unfortunately. Which is a waste if you ask me but you do have other options, such as using windows media center or tverscity to stream movies to the xbox.

But you can't copy them to the xbox itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Can't be done unfortunately. Which is a waste if you ask me but you do have other options, such as using windows media center or tverscity to stream movies to the xbox.

But you can't copy them to the xbox itself.

ye use windows media center. everyone thinks you can which is why they buy the 320gb, but unfortunately not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

or just plug said USB stick/HDD into xbox........?

go away you with your PS3 rubbish. 1 word. cinavia.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    or just plug said USB stick/HDD into xbox........?

go away you with your PS3 rubbish. 1 word. cinavia.

Meh.... Few words... Pull ..out .. LAN ..cable = no cinavia

Just watching a BDRIP as we speak straight from the HDD. No sign of this cinavia you speak of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Do you install your games or do you play from Disc? I find installing them makes them run far faster and with barely any noise, so that's basically what I'd use the HDD for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Do you install your games or do you play from Disc? I find installing them makes them run far faster and with barely any noise, so that's basically what I'd use the HDD for.

This is probably the most important reason to have a large HDD. Installing a game means the disk only reads when you first boot the game, after that the installed copy kicks in. Thus not causing the console to create not much more heat than if it was just on the dashboard, thereby reducing the risk of RRoD on older consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Meh.... Few words... Pull ..out .. LAN ..cable = no cinavia

Just watching a BDRIP as we speak straight from the HDD. No sign of this cinavia you speak of.

Cinavia technology is encoded into the data stream of the media your watching. It's done in an analogue fashion & can't be filtered or removed. The detection software is built into the PS3 firmware. I don't see how removing the LAN cable de-activates it :confused:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cinavia technology is encoded into the data stream of the media your watching. It's done in an analogue fashion & can't be filtered or removed. The detection software is built into the PS3 firmware. I don't see how removing the LAN cable de-activates it :confused:
    Your 100% right about what you say. It needs internet to run though. I watched a BDRIP yesterday no issues straight from the HDD. I will watch another one today and report back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Your 100% right about what you say. It needs internet to run though. I watched a BDRIP yesterday no issues straight from the HDD. I will watch another one today and report back :D

Given that it's Sony, it wouldn't surprise me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

what i do for tv shows is throw them on my hdd (formated fat32) 500gb (formatted with fat32 formatter) and the xbox shows it as a flash stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

When cinavia kicks in i go to settings and put the clock 1 hour ahead,return to the movie and its fine for about 25 minutes,repeat process ,pain in the a***e but it works.

Advertisement