Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stay wire guy wire

Options
  • 18-03-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

hello does anyone know where to get strong stay wire i am putting up a 40ft 2 inch mast and the only stay wire i can get is very light i would not trust it . it is about 1.5mm i would like to use the old stuff about 4mm thanks dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Years since I touched the stuff back in my cb days!!
    Armstrong electronics in Bluebell will have it if you google them youll find there number.

Or if you want nevada in the uk will ship to Ireland at very reasonable rates.

1.5mm?? sounds like string?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dave4565

thanks will give them a try. the wire i was use to is the same as they use on the railway for the signals

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Nevada have a new nylon I think line its mil spec so should be ok never tried it so until I meet someone who does I wont go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

1.5mm?? sounds like string? yes it sure is when attached to a mast anyhow;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Your local Builder's Provider or Agricultural Co-Op store will have proper cable. Armstrongs and such are not the logical place for serious mast erectors. More Lashing kits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement