Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitesurfing/cycling holiday, Tenerife in may???

Options
  • 18-03-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm thinking of heading to Tenerife this may for a holiday, taking in a bit of kitesurfing and cycling training, idea is to have a pretty active break. Just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for either what part of the island to stay on or if you know of any decent places to stay? Heading over on my own so ideally a place with a decent bit of nightlife around it as well. Thanks a million.
    If anyone reckons there's better places to go at that time of year be glad to hear it...
    Trying to keep the flights/accom to <€600.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

for kitesurfing you are better sticking to the southeast of the island as its windiest there

the main nightlife area is los cristianos

• Registered Users Posts: 10 squigg

I went to Tenerife in Jan on my own stayed in a hostel near El Medina that was great. There is kite surfing in El Medina. It is away from all the tourist nightlife but I had a great time due to the people I met at the hostel. Not sure if I can post the name here otherwise PM me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

squigg wrote: »
    I went to Tenerife in Jan on my own stayed in a hostel near El Medina that was great. There is kite surfing in El Medina. It is away from all the tourist nightlife but I had a great time due to the people I met at the hostel. Not sure if I can post the name here otherwise PM me.

There's no problem posting names usually. It's only frowned upon when the hotel's name is Grand Snoopy Hotel and the person who is promoting it's name is grandsnoopyhotel51. So I would guess you should fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 squigg

Ok makes sense.
    The name of the hostel is Los Amigos. They don't have a website but you book them on hostelworld and they have a facebook page.
    Send a message to the owner Francesco about kite surfing as there is a group in El Medina and he should have the details. If you are looking to organise to hire a bike make sure you do so you go. There is a place in El Medina but I don't think you can do when you arrive.
    Have a good time

Advertisement