Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss on Tarmac

Options
  • 18-03-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Our front garden has been tarmacked for a few years and I'm finding it very hard to remove moss that's growing on it. I've spent hours power washing it, 2 to 3 times a year, and while most of the moss gets removed this way there's still patches remaining all over it.

Has anyone any ideas what's the best product or solution to use? I've tried Path Clear but didn't find it any good.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Sprinkle the cheapest dry washing powder you can find on the moss. Wear a mask and rubber gloves and use a plastic cup or washing powder measure. Avoid windy day. Brush it off in 3/4 days after it turns red / brown.

This tip was given here some time ago but I can't remember who to credit.

I don't think power washing tarmac is a good idea - you'll eventually wash out the tar and be left with chips only.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

power washing isnt good idea.
    you can get stuff called MossGo from garden centers, 1l bottle cost around 15e (not sure) and you mix it with water and spray on moss, it takes about two weeks to kill moss, of course moss will come back after few months, so need to repeat that.

Advertisement