Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen (SEA) rods and reels, Firhouse Road

Options
  • 18-03-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi sorry if this is not in the correct section but

i have had some rods and reels taken from my front porch, firhouse road, between fri - sat gone

13FT beach caster, silver in colour, attached was a reel, black ish in colour with a silver lip at the top of the spool

also was a 9ft rod that id bought for my son as he to was getting into fishing, black in colour with a large black reel attached, these had been set up and attached were big yellow floats for fishing the sea

3rd rod was a much older one, very noticeable if seen

it was a split cane boat rod and had a small black reel with white line on the spool. you probably have never seen one of these as it was my grandads rod passed to my dad and then to me, its been around well before i was and im 35

it has never been used since ive had it and if any of the 3 is found id like it to be this one, i can replace the other 2 but will never find another one of these

If anyone sees or knows about these can you please contact me asap

the only pictures i have of the rods so hopefully someone in or around the firhouse/tallaght area will see these or have been offered them for sale

I dont have any pictures of the boat rod but if someone sees it you will know its most likely mine as there is not many if any of these around

282753_10150265489028010_662938009_7533077_6731948_n.jpg
    228846_2134480295617_1654360436_2105222_3108325_n-1.jpg
    281974_10150281979268010_662938009_7706050_2464661_n.jpg

sorry pictures are not clear of the rods but you can just make them out

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

This matches the description, added around the same time they went missing.
    Doubt somone would be that stupid tho, ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

This matches the description, added around the same time they went missing.
    Doubt somone would be that stupid tho, ya never know.

cheers for the only reply bitemybanger but i see they are not my ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Well at least the word is out, hope you hear somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

sorry to hear this, some scum bag has prob sold it by now, i hope you get them back, i have a beach caster at home i never use anymore its yours if you wish, i am in the midlands though, if you comin this way and want it give me a bell on here, it wouldnt be a great one now to be honest, its a silstar ET beach 420H. 4.2 metres long, 389946_312772985400044_100000020348306_1311235_1052943440_n.jpg

Why thank you bayliner that is a generous offer on your behalf, but as you say your in the mid lands and to be honest i am never down or near there :(

but thank you very much for the thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

If you want home delivery I can pick it up for you from Athlone at the weekend.. I'll be driving through Athlone on Sunday evening and I live in Firhouse myself :-)

viper123 wrote: »
    If you want home delivery I can pick it up for you from Athlone at the weekend.. I'll be driving through Athlone on Sunday evening and I live in Firhouse myself :-)
    that sounds like a plan!:D, if he goes for it i'll pm you my number? i be fishing sunday on lough ree, but be in off the lake around 5 or 6 o clock,or i could have it left somewhere for you?

Hi Viper123

That is a great offer and id be very happy if you could do this for me, if you can arrange that i will also pm my contact number to you

Many thanks to you and to Bayliner, its great to know there is some nice folk still out there

Thank you

i better dust it off so :D its been in the boat shed for yrs!!! gona guess its 15 to 18yrs old, might get ya started till you get up and running proper again?
    mate had a large box of trout lures and some rods stolen from his van down here a few months ago, its a real sickner to loose gear you've gathered up for yrs!!!!
    cousin had an outboard stolen while overseas with the army late last yr aswell....unfortunatley these scum are every where

have pm'd you my number Viper mate thanks very much :)

bayliner, thank you very much for this generous offer of yours, sorry to hear about the other stuff been stolen, i think the hardest thing is when its the stuff that's collected over the years and is just none replaceable

i may pop a picture or 2 up sometime to show you if the rod your giving is still up to the task :) with this nice weather we are having ive got to get some fishing done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Ah, that takes me back, my second rod and reel were both Silstar that's about twenty years ago, then I had the pleasure of working for the distributor for a few years (sadly gone now). Nice to see some generosity out there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

sorry to here that mate scumbags they are there is an ad on gumtree a split cane rod for sale in tallaght just type in rod in the search box and it should come up it was put up on 17th you cant find the ad let me know and ill try link it to the page

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

also there is an irish anglers website called prebait.com sign up and put the word out on there also full of anglers from all over the country worth a shot

Thanks for the replies lads but that split cane on gumtree aint it im afraid :(

not all is lost though

we have had contact with a lad who lives close by and he has said that he knows who has my stuff, didnt give a name but mentioned a young traveler from down the road in the halting site

he was seeing fishing in the dodder yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hi there mate I was over ferreting in bohernabreena and stopped off at the bridge behind mortans on way home to see if any decent fish being caught no one there but seen a lad walkin over with a beach caster and had to laugh saying to myself he must be out after shark only a young lad bout 16 or so
    Maybe u should take a walk down that way as with this weather the person is prob out all day fishing
    Hope this helps

Hi mate, yea i live fairly close to mortons pub and id be pretty sure that the beach caster was mine

i know who took it, well when i say i know, i mean it was the travelers that live just over that main bright there down at the lights

dont know which one it was but was told from a very good resorce

havent got them back anyhow and tbh i dont think i will

still have that beachcaster here if ya want it?.. :)... just need to collect it or have it collected

@ bayliner + viper

if you can arrange to cross over numbers i would be very greatfull

will check back later

Mark

Advertisement