Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry runners from aldi how to plant

Options
  • 18-03-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I am just wondering if someone might be able to help, probably a very stupid question but anyway, bought a pack of eight strawberry runners from aldi. The eight runners are all stuck together. Instructions say to plant and cover with compost. My question is whether I am supposed to separate the runners and plant separately? Any advice appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Yes, shake them out of the bag and separate them. Plant them about 8 - 10 inches apart in soil with plenty of compost mixed in. Don't cover them with compost. You need to keep the crown just above the surface. The crown is the thick bit between the roots and the leaf stems that will be above the soil. Try youtube, there are plenty of video clips. When they flower start feeding them tomato feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 citybaker

Thanks so much Redser7

Advertisement