Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile upgrade scam

• 18-03-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Has anyone been offered an upgrade by 3 mobile of late. They offered me an upgrade last week -I really had to read the small print- for a start if I stayed on the bill pay plan that I had been on I lost 100 flexi units, the phones they offered are not up to the standard of my last phone unless I pay through the nose for the phone or the montly units package.
    I really expected better from 3 mobile -of course I didn't get the usual representative from 'Mumbai' when I rang (absolutely nothing against individuals from Mumbai but I can never understand the dialect and they usually get impatient with me because I don't understand them). So I got an individual with an Irish accent -I pointed out the flaws in their upgrade promo and she promptly hung up. Anyone else having similar problems?
    My contract is ending in summer ...yipee!!! free at last, free at last.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you check online what phones were available to you.? What phone have you at the mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 majella mallon

I have got a phone from the HTC range and I would not have been able to point out the obvious flaws in the upgrade promo if I had not reviewed range of phones on offer, tariffs and specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

I have got a phone from the HTC range and I would not have been able to point out the obvious flaws in the upgrade promo if I had not reviewed range of phones on offer, tariffs and specs.

Nobody has a clue what your on about??

What was you existing plan?

What was your upgrade offer??

How were you screwed etc?

Your not at all clear...... please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Nobody has a clue what your on about??

What was you existing plan?

What was your upgrade offer??

How were you screwed etc?

Your not at all clear...... please explain

WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZ9HhHU86o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Op you don't use any units if you don't change tariff. If your changing from a Flex plan to a Flex Max you get less units but gain All You Can Eat data

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You don't get all you can eat data either, you get 15Gb Untethered data usage. What number did the upgrade offer come from (the Caller ID) ?? Was it an 083 or a landline number??

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You don't get all you can eat data either, you get 15Gb Untethered data usage. What number did the upgrade offer come from (the Caller ID) ?? Was it an 083 or a landline number??

Funny how I have over 2000GB on My3? Sponge Bob your well aware form being on the 3 forum that AYCE data isn't limited to 15GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

whats the scam?

I don't need to go into great detail as most of the individuals who have already reviewed upgrades by 3 know what I am getting at. But the greatest most obvious part of the scam without going into the whole range of phones for bill pay is this ....if I went for the same plan considering a phone with similar specs to HTC wildfire I lose 200 units ...any decent upgrade plans for the same tariff I have already will be reduced per month from 300 units to 100 units ???
    I would have to down grade my phone or increase my tariff to €40 +

• Advertisement

As I stated above your not keeping the same plan your moving from Mini Flex with 300 units to Mini Flex Max with 100 units and AYCE data. These are two different plans.
    1: Mini Flex
    2: Mini Flex MAX

These are two different plans with different allowances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The most similar to the wildfire is the wildfire s and upgrading to that won't effect your units.

Thanks for that but if you look at what is on offer now you will see that Wildfire in the HTC range is not on offer

Yes I understood that the first time Walkman and thanks but I don't want to lose my units that was the point I was making.

Thanks for that but if you look at what is on offer now you will see that Wildfire in the HTC range is not on offer

You'll find them in shops not the internet.

But you keep saying your loosing units if you upgrade on the same plan.
    I'm only pointing out its a different plan.
    Is the Wildfire not available on Mini Flex? I'd suggest calling their retentions team they may be able to give you a different offer.

ok making I am making it more confusing than it is....3 sent me a list of upgrades (password access), my old plan containing 300 units is no longer available with any of the upgrades. I have tried getting through to 3 customer service but they are always busy of late and when they ring me back my phone rings twice and they hang up I ring back and they are busy again.
    I did get through last week and pointed out that I would be lossing out if I upgraded with their suggestions and the rep. hung up on me.
    I am tired of 3 anyway bad customer service for years should have changed long ago.

What have you against the nearest shops to you? They want your business and your messing around with strangers on the phone and internet. :confused:

Can you not walk into a Three shop and upgrade your phone from their range on the same plan you always had?

If you want to change then do why come on here moaning about your upgrade if your not happy with them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Walkman wrote: »
    If you want to change then do why come on here moaning about your upgrade if your not happy with them

You think it is an upgrade, they think it is not an upgrade. Why are you accusing the OP of moaning ??

If it looks like a moan & "sounds" like a moan then..............

If she was less assertive that she is right & Three is wrong, then perhaps it would be less of a moan. Seems to me she is not overly exerting herself to solve her problem herself. The title of the thread is also misleading. She should really be on the Talk to Three forum.

Yes walked into the shop, the assistant was very nice. I explained that I would have to except 200 units less in order to get something nearly compatible when I 'upgraded'. He did not deny that I would lose out, he just said this was 3mobiles way of marketing, that there was a demand for the smart phones.
    Initially, he did suggest that I contact there internet marketing facility.
    When I started this tread I was hoping to find someone who had successfully upgraded not down graded with 3mobile and with a little bit of encouragement got a proper upgrade but for me I feel I really have been flogging a dead horse, thanks for advise but there is no answer other than to change service provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

So you really knew that you would be loosing units but yet you went ahead with the upgrade...I mean you had a choice to say no. Get a feature phone as an upgrade and stick with your current plan, I presume you just wanted a better phone. Ideally if you didn't like loosing your units why did you upgrade in the first place. I mean if you didn't want to lose your units you could have just said no to the upgrade, I mean that's the terms of the contract, if you "the user" are not happy with the terms of the contract you have the right to say no. No one forces you to upgrade.

I don't really understand how you got scammed into anything if you knew the details.

The loss of units might be considered as a downgrade but to some people the gain of all you can eat units might be considered as an upgrade cause they wont have to use their units for internet.

I did say no, I will be changing my service provider in a few months when my contract runs out and I find it hard to believe that the majority of people would forfeit 200 units per month for the sake of 'all you can eat' internet units

Why not change to mini flex max, put the add on for 150 extra mins in the evening and weekend, use an app that lets you use your web texts (333 texts free), use viber. Take advantage of the AYCE data to maximise your calls & texts over the Internet thus making back your units

Initially, he did suggest that I contact there internet marketing facility.

That's one lazy ass shop assistant you met with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 finnisterre

I got a new upgrade a couple of months ago and they sent me out a new sim card with it I did not order one and I did not realise that I was paying two bills I rang to complain and I could not understand the person on the line eventually after number of calls I had to cancel the sim card that I did not order and they could not cancel for 90 days total rip I could not win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I did say no, I will be changing my service provider in a few months when my contract runs out and I find it hard to believe that the majority of people would forfeit 200 units per month for the sake of 'all you can eat' internet units

some of us use our phones more for data than calls and texts which makes Three the best option.

BTW there is no scam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement