Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! I'M AN IDIOT

Options
  • 18-03-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I hooked my laptop (samsung nc10) up to my projector with a vga cable and it worked just fine. I got sound with a pair of computer speakers because I wasn't bothered trying to find a way to hook it all up to the surround sound..

Now, today I when I was just about to watch a movie I decide "hey, the resolution isn't exactly perfect" so I fiddled with the display properties.. AND SUDDENLY there was no display at all anymore..!

I was in the setting part of display properties and fiddling with the resolution and I may or may not have clicked "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" I can't be sure if it was then that the projector stopped displaying but the end result now after EVEN MORE MESSING (sorry if this story is hard to follow, I'm a bit frustrated..) is that the projector is now displaying ONLY my desktop background. I can go on the internet and mess around with the setting and play solitaire on my laptop but the only thing I see on the projector screen is my background, not even my mouse is up there...

Please can someone give me a blow-by-blow on how to fix this and watch the damned movie already!

Please and thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

LazyClouds wrote: »
    Yesterday I hooked my laptop (samsung nc10) up to my projector with a vga cable and it worked just fine. I got sound with a pair of computer speakers because I wasn't bothered trying to find a way to hook it all up to the surround sound..

Now, today I when I was just about to watch a movie I decide "hey, the resolution isn't exactly perfect" so I fiddled with the display properties.. AND SUDDENLY there was no display at all anymore..!

I was in the setting part of display properties and fiddling with the resolution and I may or may not have clicked "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" I can't be sure if it was then that the projector stopped displaying but the end result now after EVEN MORE MESSING (sorry if this story is hard to follow, I'm a bit frustrated..) is that the projector is now displaying ONLY my desktop background. I can go on the internet and mess around with the setting and play solitaire on my laptop but the only thing I see on the projector screen is my background, not even my mouse is up there...

Please can someone give me a blow-by-blow on how to fix this and watch the damned movie already!

Please and thanks.

You extended your desktop to your projector
    It basically lets you have 2 desktops. Look for a clone option which will make the projector display exactly what you see on your laptop.

Or you can keep it that way and play movies on the projector while you do something else on your laptop if you want.
    To see your mouse, move it to the right out of your laptops desktop and it will come up on the projector. Imagine the projector was another monitor to the right of your laptop, you move the mouse out of the laptops screen it goes to the projectors screen. Sorry If I'm boring you :p, To view something on the projector drag it to the right out of your laptops desktop to the extended desktop

Hope I helped

Advertisement