Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 week old teething?

Options
  • 18-03-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Is it possible for a 10 week old to be teething? Our little one is drooling a serious amount and keeps trying to shove her fist into her mouth. And when she gets the soother she seems to be biting it as well as sucking it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Babies can be born with teeth, so no, its not unheard of to be teething at 10 weeks (if thats what it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

my 10 week old is the very same. sooo much drooling and eating her fist and chewing the dummie!!!:eek: hopefully gona go to phn tue and see can i get some info:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

It is possible but I know my daughter started drooling and chewing her hand around that age and she didn't actually get a tooth until at least 9months. They discover their hands around that age so it's the start of putting everything they can in their mouths. Not sure what the cause of the drooling is.
    I gave her one of these and she was happy to chew on it instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Lamaze-LC27085-High-Contrast-Panda-Blankie/dp/B003HS5JTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

It is possible but I know my daughter started drooling and chewing her hand around that age and she didn't actually get a tooth until at least 9months.

Ditto.

We were convinced that our little girl was going to have teeth coming through at four months. It ended up being 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Us too. It started around 9 weeks and the first tooth popped up at 10 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Hi folks,

Is it possible for a 10 week old to be teething? Our little one is drooling a serious amount and keeps trying to shove her fist into her mouth. And when she gets the soother she seems to be biting it as well as sucking it

Yes it is. They are all different. My 2nd baby had teeth visible in his gums after a few weeks and had several teeth at 3 and 6 months. he had 14 teeth on his 1st birthday.
    Although the PHN said this was rare, it certainly wasn't anything to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, could be. They all are different. Ours got first tooth at 10 weeks, both me and daddy got our teeth early too as babies, so i suppose that is the reason.

Also though, their saliva also starts working a lot at that age, and they don't have the control yet to keep it in their mouth I don't think, so it just drools out. They can get a bit of a bad rash from being wet all the time. So it might not be teeth.

We got some plastic backed bibs, and used to put the regular cloth bibs on top for that uber drool time. Went through about 10 bibs a day.

It is a bit of a dose when the teeth appear that young, as they don't have the hand coordination yet to hold a teething ring or Sofie Giraffe.

Advertisement