Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

• 18-03-2012 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice please. I have been working with people with disabilities for many years. My goal is to eventually open a residential community house for people with disabilities. Just wondering if anyone would have any advice on how this could be achieved? This goal is probably years down the line but would like to know what I need to aim towards. In the meantime i would also like to set up a voluntary group to aid people with disabilities in the local community. Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Your best bet might be to start working your way up through the ranks within your own employer at present. You might need to earn some professional qualifications along the way.

This industry is going to be changing drastically over the next few years, with moves to personal budgeting and 'money follows the service user' allocation models. There will be plenty of challenges and plenty of opportunities please.

You might get better and more advice if you make the thread title a bit more specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gingermagic

Begin by writing down your idea....when you see something in black and white it makes it more tangible....

Start with your goal and work backwards....

Research research research....look at other projects similar to what you want to do....visit these places get a feel for how you would want your project to be and talk people....

Research legislation too....as it is always the red tape that tangles you up

Research funding....

See where that bit gets ya....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rachelmm

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement