Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jane McEvoy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Back biting, unpleasant, deluded, arrogant, greedy, self-centred individuals jumping through made-up hoops like trained dogs for peoples entertainment.

Other than that, great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Yes a £250,000 investment and exposure to about 10 million viewers, it's a pain in the ass to be asked to do something for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

What food manufacturing company is it?

Oh right. Sure why not. Hope it works out for them anyway.
    Back biting, unpleasant, deluded, arrogant, greedy, self-centred individuals

Ah, that's a bit harsh, no?

I think the environment on the show and the situations are deliberately designed to bring out the worst in people. What an awful premise for 'entertainment'.

That's one reason why I don't watch it. Another is that reality TV aimed at philistine divs of the lower social orders and hence it doesn't apply to me.

• Advertisement

Maybe I am being harsh. However previous "candidates" spend the entire time saying how great they are, how abysmal others are, how much money they can make. Maybe she will be the exception to the rule. Its just not my way of thinking, but greed is good apparently. Its not about being good human beings, its about how much money you can make. I have no more empathy for her than others in the show just because of geographical coincidence.

I actually agree with you and I find it makes for extremely unpleasant viewing. In fact I find it offensive.

But having said that, I don't think the people on the show are actually inherently unpleasant and greedy, I think they are just programmed to behave that way by the format of the show.

Plus the show producers probably selectively edit out the bits where participants are giving each other their last Rollos (and other kind acts) in order to specifically portray them as a league of bland, vulgar, opportunistic, ego-warped, back stabbing, capitalist pig-dog mercenary idiots.

Corollary:
    It is impossible to be successful in business and not be a complete bastard. Discuss.

I find pig dog a terribly underused expression outside of dubbed martial arts films, I commend you for its use here. Nothing beats a good pig dog.

Very lucky girl to survive tonight. Didn't show enough ruthlessness but maybe that is something she will learn within the process. Sugar Daddy was on the brink of making her part of a double elimination and the more she spoke, the more she dug the hole. She'll have to step it up a few gears to survive.

Alas not to be for Poor Jane, good effort though and kudos for having a crack at it. Body language seemed all wrong last night, shoulders slumped and the air of a person embracing defeat through out. Think she looked a little homesick and probably was a relief for her to be fired in the end. She came across well in the after show with Dara O Brian and the panel were sympathetic. I think she could do well as a mentor to fledgling Irish businesses, so hopefully we will see her in the future as a leading light in the business community.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2128445/The-Apprentice-2012-Jane-McEvoy-fired-following-junk-sales-task.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

she knew she was going, normally when in the boardroom she would be pointing the finger at everyone and then arguing how good she was and how mistakes she made were due to someone else but she looked very withdrawn this week and kind of hunched and over, very quiet, she only spoke when lord sugar asked her something and when laura pointed out her difficulty with sales! i didn't like her attitude anyway she seemed to think she was somethng special because she was a working mother and a bit of a feminist.

She got in a strop last week because a man had to come over to the girls team and lead them to get them their first win! yeah women can be just as business savy as men but a business woman is nothing special these days its nothing to be applauded like the women on this programme think, 100 years ago? yes very unusal, today? noticeable,

Its a shame Jane has not made it to the 'interview' round. I am guessing that would have been hilarious as she has probably created a marvelous work of fiction with her cv. One quick google to look at the company she has set up with her hubby and all you find is a 'site under construction' holding page. Surely the first thing you would do of you were going to be featured on TV for whatever length of time, would be to make sure of the opportunity for free advertising that would give. Or is someone going to tell me the BeeB make contestants 'supress' their lives for the duration of the show!

Advertisement