Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment idea.

Options
  • 18-03-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

As a clan we are growing constantly and always after fresh blood to help us along the way. I know in the long run we would love to fill up the sister clans (TII CD|SD) with top level players.

So I was wondering does anyone fancy getting creative?
    I was looking through the WoT forums and came across this thread:
    http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/97623-platooning-clan/

Now I want to draw your attention to the videos (on posts 2 & 3), especially the second one really captivating and its only cinematic trailers pieced together with some music mainly.

So my question is does anyone fancy putting together a video to promote the clan? Or at least think it's a good idea?

Just an idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

I think its a great idea, i say go for it mate, make it, if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

I can't at the moment :( too busy with uni work etc..
    Hence the post, wondered if anyone was up for doing it. Also a lot more creative people out there than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zappa021

i would but you really shouldn't leave me with making a movie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I know my way around premiere pro and after effects to a level where editing / making a video is certainly possible.

However, the most important part is getting the required clips of interesting B-IE play / fun etc to edit into a short. maybe 30 seconds promo clip.

So what I would ask for first, is does anyone have some decent clips / replays of B-IE playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

I could have a look through my replays, pretty sure there has to be at least some decent games with platoons or even small clips of CW games which don't give tactics away.

If we can't get any we could get a few of us in a training room and make some up :)

• Advertisement

phil3995 wrote: »
    I could have a look through my replays, pretty sure there has to be at least some decent games with platoons or even small clips of CW games which don't give tactics away.

If we can't get any we could get a few of us in a training room and make some up :)

No probs :)

With us holding land at the moment, we actually have a fair bit of time free from CW landing tournaments - so we should a few of us together and get some clips.

Maybe if anyone can recall any specific matches where we decimate the opposition, we could record some clips from different people replays and I can edit it all together with some fancy-ness etc

Will be a fair bit of work, so don't expect it in a day or two! (between selecting battle replays, then recording them, then cutting / editing / adding titles & effects etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

lll take a look at some replays also. do you just want us to send the replays or convert them to video.?
    perhaps a bit of horse lips would be a nice music theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xda8NNfUb_Q&feature=related

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    lll take a look at some replays also. do you just want us to send the replays or convert them to video.?
    perhaps a bit of horse lips would be a nice music theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xda8NNfUb_Q&feature=related

I was thinking more along the lines of a Fields of Athenry intro mixed into Thunderstruck :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a Fields of Athenry intro mixed into Thunderstruck :)

thunderstuck is quite good also, but i like the lyrics in dearg doom. they seem fit so well for a tank clan.
    can we also change the name of the clan to Dearg Doom :)

My love is colder than black marble by the sea.
    My heart is older than the cold oak tree.
    I am the flash of silver in the sun.
    When you see me coming you had better
    Run...run...run...
    From Dearg Doom.

You speak in whispers of the devils I have slain
    By the fire of my silver Devil’s Blade,
    And still you dare to flaunt yourself at me.
    I don't want you, I don't need you,
    I don't love you, can't you see

I'm Dearg Doom.

And when the stars go out
    You can hear me shout
    "Two heads are better than none,
    One hundred heads are so much better than one."

I'm a boy who was born blind to pain
    And, like a hawk, I'll swoop and swoop again.
    I am the flash of hawkeye in the sun.
    When you see me coming you had
    Run...run...run...
    From Dearg Doom.

Amhrán na bhFiann (Soldier's song) would be even more suitable IMO :)

For those clan members who don't know the lyrics (I would image 99% lol)
    Soldiers are we,
    whose lives are pledged to Ireland,
    Some have come
    from a land beyond the wave,
    Sworn to be free,
    no more our ancient sireland,
    Shall shelter the despot or the slave.
    Tonight we man the "bearna baoil",
    In Erin’s cause, come woe or weal,
    ’Mid cannon’s roar and rifles’ peal,
    We’ll chant a soldier's song

Just the chorus obviously :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How about a proper version of O'Neills cavalry march blending into Dearg Doom.

No-one'll recognise Amhrann na bFhiann, and we should avoid anything nationalistic, after all we're not an explicitly Irish clan and it seems a bit exclusionary to the non-Irish members.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I can think of a few other as well but I'll need access to my mp3 directory to post the exact names (no worries lads; nothing to hardcore from the Gothenburg scene but stuff you'd be able to listen to :pac: )

Spear wrote: »
    How about a proper version of O'Neills cavalry march blending into Dearg Doom.

No-one'll recognise Amhrann na bFhiann, and we should avoid anything nationalistic, after all we're not an explicitly Irish clan and it seems a bit exclusionary to the non-Irish members.

We play it before the football matches, and the players aren't all entirely Irish either!

Plus, we ARE an Irish clan, we just happen to have members who aren't Irish.

It was thrown up more tongue in cheek TBH, but I'd like to stay away form anything traditionally Irish at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Wait?!?! How can i transfer my WoT videos in some other format? Anyone could explain and link the program?

cro_bully wrote: »
    Wait?!?! How can i transfer my WoT videos in some other format? Anyone could explain and link the program?

Use fraps or something to record the replay.

The files themeselves aren't in any video format, they're basically a record of the server code that was sent received to be re-rendered locally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Right, here's a selection of songs most of you may not have heard of but should be able to find 'em on Youtube that I'd say are suitable for a promotion video. I've cut out plenty of good songs from Killswitch, Children of Bodom, Hatebreed, Sybreed etc. for being to hard. All of these I've got on mp3 as well.

Epica - Unholy Trinity (no song)

Epica - Cry for the moon

Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse

Arch Enemy - Revolution begins

T.B. - Rosa Rubivundior, Lillio Candidior (Instrumental) (probably not going to find this one on youtube).
    Creed - Are you ready?

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free

Manowar - Warriors of the world united

Manowar - Call to Arms (!!)

Manowar - Brothers of Metal
    The Lonely Island - Like A Boss (tongue in cheek)

The Lonely Island - Natalie's Rap (tongue in cheek)

The Lonely Island - Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde

Another two
    Backyard Babies - Brand New Hate

The Sinners - Heading south

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

mettalica one fitting i think.. it is about war..

also our support clans should be included in the video ,make us look stronger..

also this version

Nody wrote: »
    Right, here's a selection of songs most of you may not have heard of but should be able to find 'em on Youtube that I'd say are suitable for a promotion video. I've cut out plenty of good songs from Killswitch, Children of Bodom, Hatebreed, Sybreed etc. for being to hard. All of these I've got on mp3 as well.

Epica - Unholy Trinity (no song)
    Epica - Cry for the moon
    Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse
    Arch Enemy - Revolution begins
    T.B. - Rosa Rubivundior, Lillio Candidior (Instrumental) (probably not going to find this one on youtube).
    Creed - Are you ready?
    Helloween - Eagle Fly Free
    Manowar - Warriors of the world united
    Manowar - Call to Arms (!!)
    Manowar - Brothers of Metal
    The Lonely Island - Like A Boss (tongue in cheek)
    The Lonely Island - Natalie's Rap (tongue in cheek)
    The Lonely Island - Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde

Another one
    Backyard Babies - Brand New Hate

its the devils work dan. :)
    some are quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Input from the "younger" members ? :P

the minstrel boy , that ones particulary fitting because of its Irish origins

Emerald, Thin Lizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

....No Johnny Cash?

Guys an Irish based clan needs real Irish Music, so this is my 1st installment, if its good enough for sherlock holmes

But if you want to go a true legendary song then it has to be this, no comparisons,

PS sorry Merc, and i am a pure Metallica fan but this is the dogs bollox in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I agree with fionn , minstrel boy i think is perfect because its a war song but its not nationalistic ,

• Advertisement

Damn... the german clans have the best.

Advertisement