Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple tv 2 issue

• 18-03-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I aquired a secondhand ATV2 today from Adverts

It just boots the Apple logo and then goes black after that , I have an Apple TV 2 already and it works fine ( On the TV im using)

I have tried holding the menu button and play and pause button down and it just re boots, I also left it on for an hour and all it keeps doing is booting back up and on my TV (Philips) 'No input signal'

Any help I would be greatful :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi All,

I aquired a secondhand ATV2 today from Adverts

It just boots the Apple logo and then goes black after that , I have an Apple TV 2 already and it works fine ( On the TV im using)

I have tried holding the menu button and play and pause button down and it just re boots, I also left it on for an hour and all it keeps doing is booting back up and on my TV (Philips) 'No input signal'

Any help I would be greatful :)

If you have a mico USB connect it to your pc and open iTunes hit restore. sounds like it might of being jailbroken and now Nito or whatever was on it is crashing just ask the guy from adverts was it ever jailbroke.its very easy to do once you have a micro USB from a Nokia or digital camera etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Thanks mate it was jailbroken - do you think a resore will work ?

Thanks mate it was jailbroken - do you think a resore will work ?

Yep 100% just download 4.4.4 then point to that when you click restore (hit shift then restore find 4.4.4.) if you want to jb again if not just hit restore you will be on the latest version and there is no jb out yet for it.

Thanks again Fox - I stupidly updated it to version 5 so I can't jailbreak - is there anyway to restore it to 4.4.4

Thanks again Fox - I stupidly updated it to version 5 so I can't jailbreak - is there anyway to restore it to 4.4.4

Download 4.4.4 point to it when you click restore and hope it works

• Advertisement

Thanks again Fox
    Wont work just keeps giving me an error message - I dont think that it will let you downgrade

Have you any more suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Thanks again Fox
    Wont work just keeps giving me an error message - I dont think that it will let you downgrade

email the guy and see has he jailbroken etc.

Thanks again Fox

Wait a week or so there might be a jb out then.So the rumours go anyway

Thanks again

Advertisement