Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R6 vs 600RR

• 18-03-2012 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Title says it all. Looking to upgrade from a ER6N.

Will be looking at getting one in the 2007-2008 years.

Which would people recommend? Anyone ridden both?

Prefer the looks of the R6....and seems more "raw" to me. The Honda is a trusty choice though. Probably more refined in a good way??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

You're bang on with your thoughts - the CBR600 would be overall a lot more refined and durable. The R6, although an amazing bike in every way, it's WAY too track focused to be comfy or an easy ride. It's be like riding a bucking bronco. I'm not slating the R6, don't get me wrong. Like I said it's beautiful, it's powerful, but it's better on the track than it is on the road.Just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

I've never ridden a CBR600, but I had an R6 for a week while my Gixxer 600 was in the shop. I actually found the R6 very compact (read too small). Couldn't get comfy on it. Very flickable and great for short sharp blasts on twisties. But on long runs, not so much. I was a very happy bunny when I got my Gixxer back.

Have you considered a GSX-R at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Thanks lads.

Get what you mean please kill me re the R6 being very track orientated. In saying that I am a part time recreational biker so maybe that feelin would be a good thing?

Alanmc - what height are you? I'm 6 foot so would be wary about the R6 feeling small.

Re a GSX-R - not really considered to be honest. Loved the look of the R6 and always consider a Honda lol. Would the GSXR be more like the Honda in terms of practicality? Is it a K8 you have?

I'm only 5'8". Maybe it was just that the rearsets were higher on the R6, but it just felt cramped. I felt the clip ons were too close to the seat as well.

I've only got a K1. Fantastic bike. Never had a problem with it. A bit heavier to man handle into the corners than the R6, but still a hoot on twisties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

600RR ;)

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    600RR ;)

What he said! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

how do you like to ride?
    be honest

the answer should be in there

Tigger wrote: »
    how do you like to ride?
    be honest

the answer should be in there

Not like a mad cnut....does that mean not an R6? Lol

Not like a mad cnut....does that mean not an R6? Lol

Yeah, pretty much!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

600rr is a winner :-)

4361800077_b6fd0bdd98.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Simple motorcycle rules:

Honda > Yamaha
    Honda > Kawasaki
    Honda > Suzuki

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Yamahas, Kawasakis or Suzukis but Hondas are simply better bikes in term of build quality, refinement and rideability.

Some people say they can be "boring" a bit as a result but in real life that's what - IMO - gives Hondas the edge over the competition.

Oh and they're bullet-proof! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I have the 600rr's bigger brother, in the best colour too :D

IMAG0116.jpg

I'm a huge fan of this colour scheme:

honda-cbr-600-rr-34av.jpg

Looks savage.

BUT I still prefer the look of the R6!

Decisions decisions...

BUT I still prefer the look of the R6!

Decisions decisions...

Looks are all well and good ... and important when it comes to your bike. But if it were me, I'd go and try one out. Just sit on one and make sure you're comfy on it. I too was edging towards a R6 based solely on looks. I couldn't get comfy on it though. I decided in the end that it was no use having a bike that was fantastic to look at but I didn't want to ride very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Love this colour scheme, love!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

600rr is more user friendly and better everyday road bike(not that is ultra comfy).....but the Yamaha 06 r6 would be better track bike

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah go for the 600RR - They are incredible bikes. I was considering one, and my mates were trying to persuade me to buy one - but I went for the duke in the end as I just love twins...

They look great in this colour too.

07-honda-cbr-600rr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Would ya not get confused and think this was a Suzuki with the blue and white colours haha:D:D:D

Would ya not get confused and think this was a Suzuki with the blue and white colours haha:D:D:D
    Fair point! But being mistaken for a Suzuki isn't such a bad thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Simple motorcycle rules:

Honda > Yamaha
    Honda > Kawasaki
    Honda > Suzuki

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Yamahas, Kawasakis or Suzukis but Hondas are simply better bikes in term of build quality, refinement and rideability.

Some people say they can be "boring" a bit as a result but in real life that's what - IMO - gives Hondas the edge over the competition.

Oh and they're bullet-proof! ;)

Cant agree at all. 08 fireblade i had was made of cheese and i know of somebody on their 3rd engine on a 2010 one :) About half the ones I've seen have cracked upper fairings around the mirrors, one in a dealer with a one inch hole in the front where a stone went clean through. They are made of paper in an attempt to save weight.
    My 09 R1 is miles better built and finished than the current Blade.
    Honda used to be better for sure, but their standards have been slipping.

As for r6 vs 600rr, it completely depends on the year. An 03 R6 is more like an 03 CBR600RR than it is like the current R6. Up to 2005 the R6 is equally as good a road bike if not better than all the 600RR's besides the current model. From 06 on the R6 is about the worst bike you could buy to use on the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

batman_oh wrote: »
    Cant agree at all. 08 fireblade i had was made of cheese and i know of somebody on their 3rd engine on a 2010 one :) About half the ones I've seen have cracked upper fairings around the mirrors, one in a dealer with a one inch hole in the front where a stone went clean through. They are made of paper in an attempt to save weight.
    My 09 R1 is miles better built and finished than the current Blade.
    Honda used to be better for sure, but their standards have been slipping.

As for r6 vs 600rr, it completely depends on the year. An 03 R6 is more like an 03 CBR600RR than it is like the current R6. Up to 2005 the R6 is equally as good a road bike if not better than all the 600RR's besides the current model. From 06 on the R6 is about the worst bike you could buy to use on the road

Sure it's all personal experience. Himself has owned a few blades, few gixxers (brand new and second hand) and an 07 R1 (brand new) and the R1 brought him nothing but heartbreak. Big end went in it. He also had an XJR many moons ago and the engine blew up and same thing happened his brother's XJR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Sure it's all personal experience. Himself has owned a few blades, few gixxers (brand new and second hand) and an 07 R1 (brand new) and the R1 brought him nothing but heartbreak. Big end went in it. He also had an XJR many moons ago and the engine blew up and same thing happened his brother's XJR.

Agree fully. There are examples of everything falling apart or blowing up randomly. Was just making the point that Honda arent better than the rest any more though. They definitely were a few years back, but not now.

Advertisement