Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you have your baby born in your hospital of choice

• 18-03-2012 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi folks, not sure if this is right place for my query or not. Question I have is, do you have to have your baby born in the hospital of the town where you live or nearest one or can you pick whatever you chose. I live in Navan so nearest in Drogheda but my wife wants to go to Rotunda when we get around to having baby again. We had bad experience with Drogheda where she had ectopic preganacy and we felt tha they handled things quite badly. I have heard different things on where your baby must be born.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

I'm no expert but I think you can go anywhere you feel comfortable. I know of ppl from round Drogheda who ventured to Daisy Hill, Hollis st, Rotunda and the Lourdes.
    Just bear in mind you will have to go there every few weeks for appointments with the consultants. And finally when the baby does come, you will have to travel to that hospital, maybe in a hurry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I'm no expert but I think you can go anywhere you feel comfortable. I know of ppl from round Drogheda who ventured to Daisy Hill, Hollis st, Rotunda and the Lourdes.
    Just bear in mind you will have to go there every few weeks for appointments with the consultants. And finally when the baby does come, you will have to travel to that hospital, maybe in a hurry...

Thanks for that. Even though Drogheda is closer in distance, Rotunda is handier as I work in Dublin City Centre. Drogheda is such a hassle to get to compared to Rotunda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

No bother. Just bear in mind that on the day you might have to fly from the city to Navan back to the Rotunda

Advertisement