Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two piece acoustic covers band getting started

Options
  • 18-03-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi folks, just getting out doing promo work for my band,we are two piece acoustic set up and I have been working on the scene for years but never did this side of the business, i REALLY need guidance as to how to approach pubs and what the going rate is for a 2 piece acoustic band? I am based in midlands- edenderry/ enfield/ carbury/ celbridge/ leixlip area, any help is really appreciated? How do I go about getting a few gigs? We have had a few but all through family etc- feedback is great and the peopl are always saying- we must get ye back, ye are great bla bla but nothing comes from it? Help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Heya, I know nothing about this scene but just want to make sure you have a good Facebook & Myspace page setup. Something you can point people to?
    With a clear way to contact you (sounds obvious but you'd be surprised)
    Good onya, keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Quirkygirl

Thanks very much but I actually don't have either? I have a website alright but I'm not great on Facebook or myspace?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Hiya,
    you really should have one of each. Myspace for samples of your stuff and facebook for networking and advertising (posters/flyers and posts in forums etc)

If you have a website it will be quick enough to put these together, copy & paste your logo and the about you info.

You can become friends and link stuff with other bands in your area that you know etc etc. And you can email pubs with links to your myspace.

Its free and it wont take you long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HotShot Events

Contact me by PM.... I'm a music promoter in limerick/kerry/cork area!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you should always have a pen and notepad with you, so when they say they must get you back again, take out your notepad and say "When?". Strike while the iron's hot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement