Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming comp 740 euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

your ram is OOS.

get this

Thats a green HDD, not good for a boot drive. get this instead. its "only" 1Tb though.

better Mobo (and cheaper) here with CF/SLI x8x8 instead of x16x4.

slightly better CPU, but more importantly, its in stock.

much cheaper, but still good quality 550W PSU

cheaper and more powerful GPU benchmarks here
    DVD-RW instead of a DVD rom for a few pennies more here

EDIT: your case is also OOS. dont order parts that arent in stock as they'll hold the order till everything is there.

fill out the form in my signature and we can build a good rig around your needs and budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mully0001

Hey, thanks for the reply and advice, with the OOS stuff i wasnt too fussed because i'm not planning on actually using the thing til late may (after exams) but you're right it'd be better to get it all sorted. So the 550W PSU will be enough for this set-up will it? I wasnt really sure what it needed.

1. What is your budget? [< €800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] Gaming - Mass effect, Skyrim, Star wars: the old republic, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Total war series

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No] No (yes but i should be able to get one for cheap here)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility) No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No] Yes (but again hopefully pick one up here 2nd hand)

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.] Not fussy

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] Keyboard

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No] Maybe in a while, haven't ever done it before

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] All

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days] No pressure, I'll buy when i am satisfied with the build

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.] Will get hardwareversand to put it together for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if youre not buying till may, there really is no point looking now. new CPU's and GPU's will be out at that stage.

May is just the deadline, If i get it sorted earlier i would be happier. Do you think that if i have the flexibility its worth waiting (costs will go down etc in that time?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    if youre not buying till may, there really is no point looking now. new CPU's and GPU's will be out at that stage.

He said using, not buying ;)

Anyway, here is something quick. Getting ready for the walking dead so only did it quickly.

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €728.62 + €18.99 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€188.78
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€82.61
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€56.47
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€32.12
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€16.68
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€89.00
    Rechner - Zusammenbau|€20.00
    Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti Golden Sample, 1GB GDDR5|€209.65
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€33.31

Don't get a keyboard from HWVS, it will be in german layout.
    You can get a monitor off HWVS for around 90euro, a decent 1080p one, or scour adverts for a while, there is usually some up there ;)

• Advertisement

My thanks, i see you went for the GTX 560 ti over the HIS HD 6870, is it worth the extra 60 euro?

Mully0001 wrote: »
    My thanks, i see you went for the GTX 560 ti over the HIS HD 6870, is it worth the extra 60 euro?

Probably not. The 6870 is still a good card and can run most games on high.
    You could go for the 6870 and then go for a monitor.
    If I remember correctly the 7850 is out today, might bring the prices of the 6870 down 10euro or so.

Thanks for the replies, i think i will order, i've gone for:

HV20G325DE 8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9 StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    33,31 €

HV13SB71DE Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    89,00 €

HV21G22HDE Acer G225HQVbd StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    99,00 €

HV207LA3DE LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    16,68 €

HVR550SADE Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    56,47 €

HV20I524DE Intel Core i5-2400 Box, LGA1155 StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    164,89 €

HV27HX1SDE Hercules XPS 2.0 10 Silver StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    10,29 €

HV203BMBDE BitFenix Merc Beta StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    32,12 €

HVZPCDE Rechner - Zusammenbau StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    20,00 €

HV1025HIDE HIS HD 6870 Fan GDDR5 1024MB HDMI/DP/2xDVI StdStock6.gifready for dispatch from 2012-03-22
    144,13 €

Build total: 767,49 € inc. shipping

Btw, does anyone get stung with import tax ordering hardwareversand into ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i would strongly suggest to wait a week or two. GPUs prices might change prices dramaticly.

7850and 7870 are just mind blowing and will make gtx 570 and 580 do trop in price even waaaaay more.

Mully0001 wrote: »
    Btw, does anyone get stung with import tax ordering hardwareversand into ireland?

Nope, I think there is a tax of like 4.99 but thats added onto the total when you buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    your ram is OOS.

Sorry to hijack the thread but how can you tell the ram is not compatiable?
    I cant really tell any difference only the speed, unless it needs to be low profile which I doubt is the reason. They both seem DDR3 SDRAM, DIMM 240-pin.

Just wondering as I ordered a new build and am worried the ram may be incompatiable now:D
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

tdh wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread but how can you tell the ram is not compatiable?
    I cant really tell any difference only the speed, unless it needs to be low profile which I doubt is the reason. They both seem DDR3 SDRAM, DIMM 240-pin.

Just wondering as I ordered a new build and am worried the ram may be incompatiable now:D
    thanks

OOS = Out of Stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

Eboggles wrote: »
    OOS = Out of Stock.
    :o oh at least I didnt show my ignorance :pac:, i had to google oos and I thought "Out of specification" matched it best.
    lol thank you!

Advertisement