Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is a long bank holiday.

• 19-03-2012 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

Anyone else caught short?

Creamery closed for three days.

Had to drive 15 miles today to buy milk replacer off a calf dealer.

The calves did not understand when I told them to calm down it was paddys weekend.

I know I should have stocked up but I am a hand to mouth day to day operator I don't be watching what day it is .
    I would get a cold sweat handing over 200 quid for 4 or 5 bags of powder in one shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Wow.
    Not too many didn't notice it was Paddy's weekend.
    I've let some of the other bank holidays sneak up on me, but you must live in quite a bubble not to know Paddy's weekend is coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I went to the mart on Saturday for hay :D

Closest thing I got to hay there were a couple of tumble weeds blowing through the place.

I didn't expect the place to be buzzing, but neither did I expect it to be closed. I farm 7 days a week, 365 days a year, birthdays and Christmas included.

St. Patricks has been turned into a piss and puke weekend and I feel absolutely nothing towards it besides apathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Fair enough point.
    But we both work off farm and a looong weekend is a gift and family time.
    This weekend is like any other, what you make of it. The piss and puke brigade don't own it nor do they stop me enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

had a great day planned for yesterday, mothers day... kids made me breakfast and we went to see the muppets, all was fine, youngest child who is 3 started to get really sick during the film:eek: brought him outside , he became unresponsive... got him to hospital, luckily we where in drogheda so hospital was only up the road, took a while to get him back around... kept him in overnight and just home now... diagnosis was a really bad tummy bug as all tests came back clear, thank god.... so that was my mothers day:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

whelan1 wrote: »
    had a great day planned for yesterday, mothers day... kids made me breakfast and we went to see the muppets, all was fine, youngest child who is 3 started to get really sick during the film:eek: brought him outside , he became unresponsive... got him to hospital, luckily we where in drogheda so hospital was only up the road, took a while to get him back around... kept him in overnight and just home now... diagnosis was a really bad tummy bug as all tests came back clear, thank god.... so that was my mothers day:cool:
    :eek: Glad to hear he's ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

thanks all, not a bother on him now... although my nerves still havent recovered:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

It's a long weekend when you're working the whole of it:cool:.

All behind me now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Twasnt half long enough for me, was spreading fert this morning, loaded the first 2 ton and arrived back to the yard and the bloody teleporter decided it wanted to take a bank holiday off aswell. After heavy handed persuasion and an hour of my time wasted it decided to work again. Spent the whole day cursing the bloody yoke

Advertisement