Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mouse

Options
  • 19-03-2012 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭

i have been using the MX518 for the last 5 years but the cable is on it's way out so time to get a new one
    I could just go for something that's similar such as the Logitech G400 or G500
    but I'm considering the R.A.T.7 and the Kone [+] as well
    I'm what's considered a palm mouse user meaning i control the mouse with the base of my hand on the mat as opposed to a claw grip user which I'm not too sure of
    I presume it's to do with how forward your hand is because even on the mx518 the forward button of the two is out of reach for me
    I also like the thumb rest on the left side and some of those I mentioned also have a rest on the right side
    also the DPI has has become an issue since I changed to my new pc and 1600dpi doesn't cut it in BF3

opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

im the same as you wrt position of your hand, and i also use a 518.
    The logical upgrade is the G400. the g500 is completely different. a friend of mine has it and its a very different feel. im not sure its better/worse, but its definitely different.

I almost bought a g400 yesterday, but my 518 works fine, so i spent the money on some new speakers instead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I have the RAT 7 and so far I've had no issues with it. It's very comfortable and as you've probably seen there's plenty of adjustment and customization options. If your into FPS games the "sniper" button comes in very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've used the RAT9, and I didn't like it at all. It looks absolutely amazing, and the specs are great, but it's just not that comfortable. It's just very wide, meaning it doesn't lend itself well to being gripped. If you're a full palm user, then it might work, but if you're semi-palm, you might have trouble. I'm using the Performance MX at the moment. If you're looking for a comfortable palm mouse, with a nice thumb rest, look no further. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Serephucus wrote: »
    I've used the RAT9, and I didn't like it at all. It looks absolutely amazing, and the specs are great, but it's just not that comfortable. It's just very wide, meaning it doesn't lend itself well to being gripped. If you're a full palm user, then it might work, but if you're semi-palm, you might have trouble. I'm using the Performance MX at the moment. If you're looking for a comfortable palm mouse, with a nice thumb rest, look no further. ;)

I'm a semi palm user and was using the MX518 for a while. I found it got very sticky after a while and collected dead skin. I then got the G500 and the finish is perfect and doesn't need to be cleaned each time you touch it. Great mouse the G500!

Advertisement