Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying fabric in Cork

Options
  • 19-03-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all, well I'm off for a shopping trip in Cork, I havent been in a while since my daughter moved from there. Anyway, plan to park in Paul Street car park, then in to Brown Thomas for a makeover at Bare Escentuals counter. Upstairs to buy some Nespresso..and maybe taste a sample. Then off to the English market to stock up on chicken livers, chicken gizzards and wings. Get some oysters and check out other fish. Get some tripe (no drisheen though), olives for daughter to nibble on in car on the way home, Green and Blacks chocolate for me. Loads of sheeps cheese, then see if I can get some Quail, Rabbit or Poussin. Next stop then is the Quay co-op to load up with pulses and grains and then we will head over to Mac Curtain street for lunch. So in all of that is there anywhere I can buy fabric (other than Hickeys). Im looking for cotton for patchwork, curtain fabric and some jersey for making clothes...any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Vibes and Scribes on Bridge st. have fabrics, have a look in en route to Macurtain st.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 elizabethmary

Thanks, I didnt know they had fabric.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hickeys would be a great spot to visit too. If you're outside Brown Thomas, look across the road and you'll see the Savoy. Go in there past the Juice/Coffee bars, and at the back you'll find a staircase going up to Hickeys. My mother was a Dressmaker/seamstress for years and she always goes in there still today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 elizabethmary

Thanks, been to Hickeys loads of times, I just find they dont have enough "unusual" things. But I do shop there alot in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Never forget Guinneys also

• Advertisement
Advertisement