Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please,little man playing with himself..

Options
  • 19-03-2012 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

First time posting here:) couldn't see any thread on this and could use some advice.
    Little man is two since November and since Christmas has discovered his 'bits'. Since then at barytone,which he has every night,and now at almost every nappy change,he wants to "clean my bum" and gets very distressed when I attempt to put his nappy on.
    So I suppose my question is,how do I deal with this without making him feel he is doing something wrong? He is my first boy, I have two girls both almost grown ups.
    Any helpfulladvice would be great:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Leave him at it! The curiosity will wear off soon enough.

My little girl is 2 since January and she wants to wipe herself, put cream on herself and she wants to 'see the poo poo' when I wipe her bum! Its a natural part of their development I'm sure!

Just always mak sure to wash/wipe his little hands after he's been exploring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

haahaa!!! Leave him to it I reckon....it's all part of his self awareness. My 2 year old discovered his 'bits' when we started potty training....he kept cupping himself walking around, I thought he needed to wee and was trying to hold it in, but apparently it was the 'novelty' of them being free and loose! :rolleyes::o

Just keep his hands washed and the novelty will wear off.....well when I say wear off, it'll wear off to an acceptable level...lets face it even grown up men are obsessed with their bits! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 poppyseeder

Thank u both,thought as much but still good to hear:))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It's natural... just like when they discover their fingers and toes.. my boy went through this about 4 months ago.. i just let him at it.. he passes no remarks now at all. . .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

cbyrd wrote: »
    It's natural... just like when they discover their fingers and toes.. my boy went through this about 4 months ago.. i just let him at it.. he passes no remarks now at all. . .:D

OMG...we have toes as well? I never got past waist level to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

OMG...we have toes as well? I never got past waist level to be honest.
    :D yes... hahaha everytime we go in the car shoes and socks come off :D
    don't know which is worse

Advertisement