Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxi for a Wedding

Options
  • 19-03-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All,

I am looking for a dress for my brother's wedding in June. I am not a Bridesmaid. I think if I get a one colour dress, I may come across as a wannabe bridesmaid. So I was thinking of perhaps getting a maxi dress. I'm afraid that some of them can look casual so I would like a good quality one.

Has anyone seen any nice ones online or in the shops (I'm based in Dublin). I'm a size 14 and 5ft 11 so i will need it to be long.

I would appreciate any help/Suggestions. My eternal gratitude and good Karma to anyone who can help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I wore a Maxi dress to 2 weddings in the last 2 years and I don't think they're too casual at all. I also wasn't the only one wearing them.
    I got mine in Awear from their Jasmine collection (I think that's what it's called?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

616809_main?$hero$

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/dresses/maxi-dresses/pink-chelsea-girl-maxi-dress--616809

The pic does not do this dress justice in real life, it's really really nice! It's not a floaty holiday maxi and could definitely be appropriate for a wedding.

My bro got married recently and the bride was trying to force me to wear something long but I didn't want to look bridesmaidy so i went for a short dress and i'm so glad i did. The girls in the long debs style dresses looked ridiculous because they were waaay too overdressed for the general theme of the wedding. Even tho my SIL would have had me believing different!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 harrismargaret

Maxi dresses are good, but I personally didn’t like the above dress (No hard feelings, sorry). The website mentioned above has so many better options. Just browse through it.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

heya! Divine boutique in maynooth and malahide have some gorgeous wedding appropriate dresses. Im on their facebook page and im always lusting after them. A grecian style would be lovely :)

best of luck!!

ps think they might have an online store if you're not in Dublin

Advertisement