Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Africa , plans for invasion

Options
  • 19-03-2012 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Alright lads , West Africa is open now , where should we attack ? Personally i think Huaca would be our best bet , far away from any landing zones and we can grab land to our right which is Darfur clanwarsa.png

If we control all behind the red line we will earn round 1200 a day roughly :( but there's huge prestige for a clan with 11 provinces :D
    There'd also be only three defense battles a night , so we should be able to hold it , SHOULD BE :rolleyes: not saying we will :p

Basically I'm saying if we win the landing (11 clans already and it's only 11am ) we should capture Haute-Kotto, Janub Darfur, Gharb Darfur and Malha as soon as possible , and we give up the landing zone the very first night

Also these three maps are ones that we've lots of experience with , 2 sand rivers and El halluf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i think you are correct, but we have enough chips for 4 landings so a good recon of the clans applying to various landings is required. i also forgot that there is no battle with the land owner and we have all our tanks available. its really important to take land tonight though as we will have a free land grab for the next few nights after.
    all hands on deck tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I don't know should we aim for other landings to be honest , do them sure , but this one is easier to defend if we win because if we capture those provinces i named its only 3 battles for 11 pieces of land , If we land somewhere else we've the danger of being flanked and attacked from all sides by a number of different clans . Plus with tank freezing in having a max of 3 enemies will be a huge bonus for us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well there's a reason why that zone has 11 and the others have 7 or less...

Having said that the first three on the west side has 2, 0 and 2 clans applying respetively. For me that's were I'd look at chipping the final 3 as it currently stands and send in ghost teams on the noce we can as we'd have a chance for land. Also worth keeping in mind is that all clans in the north will go all out south for free land as well so we'd not have a couple of days doing our own thing if we take land.

there are 2 provences that have 1200 gold per night that are also worth considering. i think we have to go for as many landings as possible as every clan seems to have the same idea as you and will be prioritising that area. the most important thing is to secure land tonight.after that u can place 1 chip on each empty provence and march where u like for a few days.
    hopefully we can get enough people online to field 2 full teams at least.
    we will have about 4 days before the guys in the north get down dan

We'd have 3 days at the minimum to capture the provinces i listed before the northern clans reach us , it's going to be exiles , so if we land successfully we could approach them for an alliance ?
    And in fairness the west African landings have few applications is because they are in an impossible position to defend and are in a ****e position with only one or two provinces between landings meaning lots of clans to attack us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

We'd have 3 days at the minimum to capture the provinces i listed before the northern clans reach us , it's going to be exiles , so if we land successfully we could approach them for an alliance ?
    And in fairness the west African landings have few applications is because they are in an impossible position to defend and are in a ****e position with only one or two provinces between landings meaning lots of clans to attack us
    I agree Cork; but the point would be then to rush to the middle of the map and give up the coastal areas and try to hold there instead :P

Just checked again most of the other landings are filling up rapidly at the moment as well , its just the ones in north west Africa that are relatively empty and they'll fill up quickly with clans looking to avoid a large landing tournament ,
    the provinces near the 1200 gold have 16 clans applied already so that's going to be tougher to land and to hold that one province , which will be peoples main goal in africa

Nody wrote: »
    I agree Cork; but the point would be then to rush to the middle of the map and give up the coastal areas and try to hold there instead :P

Thing is if we hold land in the middle how long will that be for ? we'll be surrounded by other clans and with the tank locking in it'll be pretty hard to be defensive , as we all saw how the TD tactic went down :P
    our best bet is even if we don't go into the darfur region is to find some place with a border protecting at least half our land

i think we have enough chips for 4 landings and should go for all of them. obv we will have to make a decision then if there is a time clash and we dont have enough people online

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    i think we have enough chips for 4 landings and should go for all of them. obv we will have to make a decision then if there is a time clash and we dont have enough people online

It's a fact that we wont have enough online :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

It's a fact that we wont have enough online :mad:

Its a fact that we have plenty enough ppl online, but not enough participating in CW battles. :)

As it turns out. you dont need to go through a landing zone. the whole map is open. bruff decided to avoid lostirishguys area as a there is a lot of interest from bigger clans there already and we would lock tanks getting to the final. he picked an area in the center which gives us the best chance of getting land and more importantly have tanks available to defend over the coming nights.

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    As it turns out. you dont need to go through a landing zone. the whole map is open. bruff decided to avoid lostirishguys area as a there is a lot of interest from bigger clans there already and we would lock tanks getting to the final. he picked an area in the center which gives us the best chance of getting land and more importantly have tanks available to defend over the coming nights.
    That would be similar with how things were done with Europe (after their royal **** up with changing it after people put chips down), no?

And other clans are on to it as well; I'm seeing multiple clans in every landing zone in the corner of interest. There will be carnage on the map with so many small clans getting land I'd say. I think the best bet now would be to go for border lands, get one or two zones and only defend for 3 nights and then start taking over the land as people's tanks are locked out around us. I also forsee a lot of bitching in the forum from clans who put down chips in the "normal" landing zones.

I think the best bet now would be to go for border lands, get one or two zones and only defend for 3 nights and then start taking over the land as people's tanks are locked out around us.

Thats what i was saying before i knew we could land anywhere , it'd be a perfect spot to land in the right hand side of the map next to the border only 3 clans have applied for the provinces in that corner which is the same amount as the provinces in the middle which were picked :/ personally I think that's a bad move as they may be small clans or whatever but there's 11 provinces surrounding us and worst case scenario is 11 different clans applying to fight us , I don't think we've enough tanks / people who play CW to fight and defend the center of the map

Also in the bottom right corner we'd earn an extra 60 odd gold :P That's a deal breaker

the provinces in the middle which were picked :/ personally I think that's a bad move as they may be small clans or whatever but there's 11 provinces surrounding us and worst case scenario is 11 different clans applying to fight us , I don't think we've enough tanks / people who play CW to fight and defend the center of the map

Also in the bottom right corner we'd earn an extra 60 odd gold :P That's a deal breaker

dosnt matter if there are 11 clans applying to fight us. we only have to fight one for each provence, and they will lock up tanks getting to final.
    i like the corner you suggested as well, but so do the big clans which might leave us with no land after tonight which would be a disaster.
    there are 5 and 6 clans going for the area already and if we lock up our tanks getting to the final, we will have noting left to fight for it or defend it tommorrow night

Two things though Cork; 1 if 11 clans apply to attack us they need to fight out a landing tourney for it (and all tanks lost in that landing tourney are frozen!).

Secondly and this only came to me after I posted is the question of time zone. The one to the east will be the same time zone as Iraq (5pm) rather then what we usually got people on for (7pm) which means even if we took them we would not be able to defend them due to when we'd be expected to fight there.

I know we only have to fight one a night , what i'm saying is theres 11 clans with a potential full team who could attack us !

are you sure about the time zone ? when I was on it I saw the battles were at half 7 ? there was no mention of timezone though?

I know we only have to fight one a night , what i'm saying is theres 11 clans with a potential full team who could attack us !
    Yes but by the same definition they face attacks from those 11 clans around them :)
    are you sure about the time zone ? when I was on it I saw the battles were at half 7 ? there was no mention of timezone though?
    Sorry make that 6 and 7pm; not 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Lets be honest, unless we spread outselfs thin over the next few days, we wont be a target, if anything we'll have plenty of clans groveling at us for an alliance.

My prediction: Clans will first target the smaller ones with with 1-2 pieces of land. Bigger clans will start making alliances to cover somewhat of there back and maybe sides leaving one side to expand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

Thats what i was saying before i knew we could land anywhere , it'd be a perfect spot to land in the right hand side of the map next to the border only 3 clans have applied for the provinces in that corner which is the same amount as the provinces in the middle which were picked :/ personally I think that's a bad move as they may be small clans or whatever but there's 11 provinces surrounding us and worst case scenario is 11 different clans applying to fight us , I don't think we've enough tanks / people who play CW to fight and defend the center of the map

you only need to defend a piece of land once per night it does not matter how many applie to fight for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

My global map says we have no HQ appointed?

phil3995 wrote: »
    My global map says we have no HQ appointed?
    Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Fixed.

Lets make sure our strongest team of tanks for that map def HQ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Cheers Dan.

Wasn't around all yesterday, so couldn't have a look at this.

I see us with 2 pieces of fairly low earning land - which is perfect TBH.

We are now in a position where we should be holding onto land at all costs.

However, there is a clan above us with only 1 piece of land - [_LTU_] - I would like to take this from them (96gold earnings)and keep 3 for the time being.

However - if someone has a bit of time on their hands, could they evaluate the opposing clans around our 2 provinces using the Info tool? If there are any weakish clans there, I would not hesitate attacking them.

However, it might be an idea to await some attacks from the guys beside us first (and hopefully defend well) so we can them attack over the following days while they're weak from tank lock-outs.

I think we may want to start to slowly march east and north as well. I'll be home around 7pm tonight (hopefully) but in general I'd want us to move at least one steo further away from the landing zones (4 maps rather than 3 maps) to be more secure.

However, it might be an idea to await some attacks from the guys beside us first (and hopefully defend well) so we can them attack over the following days while they're weak from tank lock-outs.
    Why not assault them with medium/TD/T6 arty combo? Not really looking at winning per say but rather to try to kill tanks we'd not use in our defence?

Why not assault them with medium/TD/T6 arty combo? Not really looking at winning per say but rather to try to kill tanks we'd not use in our defence?

I'm all for that idea too. Doesn't really matter if we lose - once we take a few of them with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

[QUOTE=Dublin_Gunner;77680868
    However, there is a clan above us with only 1 piece of land - [_LTU_] - I would like to take this from them (96gold earnings)and keep 3 for the time being.
    [/QUOTE]

Bruff agreed to a non aggression pact with them last night. They were straight on to him last night about it, and he was nearly forced to give them a nod because they cover so much of our north. They won't be there for very long anyway. Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

However - if someone has a bit of time on their hands, could they evaluate the opposing clans around our 2 provinces using the Info tool? If there are any weakish clans there, I would not hesitate attacking them.
    I was useing the Russian site for that yesterday.(When it was working :rolleyes:).

And I saw nothing really stong in all the clans applying, we could attack any of them and if we didn't get them the first night we'd get them the second.

• Advertisement

Bruff agreed to a non aggression pact with them last night. They were straight on to him last night about it, and he was nearly forced to give them a nod because they cover so much of our north. They won't be there for very long anyway. Imo.

??WHAT?????

I'll be talking with Mr. Bruffio.

There is NO WAY I would enter into any pact with them. The fact the own 1 piece of land that can attack both our provinces is all the more reason the attack them and take it for ourselves.

NOONE in future is to enter into any more pacts with anyone without discussing it with me first.

This has pissed me off.

Meh. Tiredness getting the better of me. Sorted out anyway. :)

Advertisement