Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shure se215

• 19-03-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

Looking to by the other half a pair of headphones and I've been scouring the market.

First I'll give a vague outline of the parameters influencing my choice:

I'd like to spend around €100, I'd extend that to €150 if there was a good reason.
    I'm not completely sure if she'd have a preference of in ear or on ear. She will be using them on public transport a lot so portability is important and her previous headphones have been in ear but I think that's just because they are more common.
    She listens to classical and acoustic mostly and does have an ear for music.

I was ogling HD 25s but really I'm not sure how she'd find their relative bulk and she has a tiny head so they'd be huge on her. (also they are very expensive so I'd have to be absolutely certain)
    Gradio SR60i are very nice and not too expensive but they have a reputation for being very open and again they are on ear. (same goes for Koss Porta Pros and I have no idea what she'd think of their appearance)

So that's how I ended up at the Shure se215s. They get good reviews, are about the right price for me and the look kinda pretty (particularly the clear ones). I'm a little worried about the fit but most people seem to find their unusual design agreeable.

I'm throwing my decision out here to see if anyone had any advice or criticism before I take the plunge?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

First of all, casually ask her what she would prefer, in ears, on ears or over ears. A couple of suggestions all around 100e from the likes of amazon.

Headphones that are not too chunky for small heads;
    - akg k450
    - akg k518
    - akg k430 - white version is pretty

Also what source is she using? Ipod or smartphone? Might need to have remote and in line Mic. Check out the klipsch image 1 headset, sennheiser px200-ll I or shure se115m+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm afraid I've gone ahead and bought the Shure headphones. She uses a Sony mp3 player at the moment but is ogling smartphones. I believe you can get a different cable for the se215s but it's not cheap.

I was actually tempted by the px200 II i phones too but I'll just have to hope she likes these...and if she doesn't I'll take them :)

The AKG headphones you listed all look good. It's a bit odd, they are a brand that always appears in a list of great headphones but I've never really paid any attention to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I have the Shure 215s and I absolutly love them. Tough little IEMS aswell. Congrats on the purchase.

Advertisement