Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Train visiting Wexford next weekend.

Options
  • 19-03-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

There will be a steam train visiting Wexford next weekend (24th/25th March).

It won't be picking up passengers locally on this occasion but for the benefit of anyone who wants to go out and have a look, get photos, etc, I'd thought I'd mention it. On the Saturday it will be in Gorey for water at 13.46, passing Enniscorthy at 14:25, passing Wexford town at 14:58, into Rosslare Europort to turn from 15:25 to 16:10, arriving back in Wexford for the night at 16:42.

On the Sunday it's leaving Wexford at 10:55, passing Enniscorthy at 11:23, and stopping at Gorey for water at 11:56.

The engine hauling the train, No.461, was specifically built to haul goods trains from Wexford to Dublin back in 1922, and after a long overhaul will be making her first visit to the Wexford line since 2000.

There will probably be more visits to the line in May and July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haron

took the kids to see the engine today was just like thomas but had no face.. the engine itself was great machine but the relatively new carraiges looked odd but as a fella explained to me this was due to the fact the old carraiges were wood based and for health and safety the carraiges needed to be metal based. but well worth a look thanks for the heads up about it's arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

+1 - saw it yesterday, twas quite a bit behind schedule but was happy to see it all the same. Lovely old machine.

Advertisement