Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Day Trips from Dublin?

• 19-03-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

I have searched (and found) plenty of ideas for a friend visiting Dublin for about 4 days (and will be completing my hat-trick of visits to the Guinness storehouse) but I was wondering if there are any tours or day-trips to get out of Dublin for the day?

Whan I was in Sydney my friend organised a day-trip up to the Blue Mountains, up early, bus takes you around, tour guide was great craic, it was a brilliant day out. Anything like that in Dublin?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Day Tours from Dublin

Glendalough, Powerscourt Gardens and Wicklow (January to December).

The Glendalough, Powerscourt Gardens and Wicklow Panorama Tour travels through the “Garden of Ireland” to visit sites such as the stunning Powerscourt Gardens, the Wicklow Mountains, the Wicklow Gap and the monastic ruins at Glendalough. The trip includes a guided tour in historic Glendalough. Glendalough, or the Glen of two lakes, is one of the most treasured sites in Co. Wicklow. Glendalough was founded in the sixth century and is steeped in Irish history and culture.

Newgrange and the Boyne Valley (January to December).

The Boyne Valley & Newgrange Tour operates via the Hill of Tara and visits the Boyne Valley Visitor Centre at Newgrange. Customers can explore the history of one of the most ancient sites in the land and see the magnificent prehistoric monument of Newgrange.
    The tour includes a visit to the famous Newgrange tomb, which is older than the pyramids in Egypt and predates Stonehenge by about a thousand years. The Boyne Valley offers beautiful surrounding and is one of Ireland’s most fertile and wooded landscapes.
    Bookings may be made at the Bus Éireann office or you can buy your Day Tour Online.
    Our day tour tickets are available for sale at our Travel Centres in Dublin from
    Dublin Tourism Information Centre, (Bus Éireann desk), Suffolk Street
    Central Bus Station, (Ticket Office), Busáras, Store Street
    To avoid disappointment, you should book in advance (essential during peak season).
    http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=278

these lads also do rail tours, it seems comprehensive so maybe worth checking out
    http://www.railtoursireland.com/

Advertisement