Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog tablets.

• 19-03-2012 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there an online place you can buy tablets from?
    My dog has heart disease and vet bill's are really starting to build, and its typical i let my insurance lapse after paying if for the last 6 years.:(

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Try Animal Farmacy who are based up the road from me in Kilkenny. They have the biggest online shop in Ireland AFAIK and they do everything under the one roof ie vet, shop etc. I buy stuff for my cats there.

Here's the website:

www.animalfarmacy.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Zara23

Most reputable places will require a Vet prescription. You can tell them you want to buy the tablets elsewhere and need a prescription- they are required under law to give you one. Just be careful where you buy from and do your research first to make sure your getting what you pay for. A lot of Veterinary medicines are cheaper in Northern Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Zara23 wrote: »
    Most reputable places will require a Vet prescription. You can tell them you want to buy the tablets elsewhere and need a prescription- they are required under law to give you one. Just be careful where you buy from and do your research first to make sure your getting what you pay for. A lot of Veterinary medicines are cheaper in Northern Ireland

Any links to places that dont need a prescription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Robertxx one of my dogs has cardiomyopathy and I know how expensive the meds are. I get my vetmedin (tablets) from Ucd and they are cheaper than normal vets. She was also on corvental d however they couldn't get it in Ireland and they prescribed her human equivalent which was so much cheaper! I know out of curiosity I priced vetmedin online and it was the same price as Ucd if not more expensive. Online vendors include vetuk, medicanimal, nutrecare but all require prescription. I reckon if you explain to your vet they will write you a prescription however I have heard from people in the uk that some vets will charge. If you do manage to find a online vendor that doesn't require a prescription I would stay clear as they may be counterfeit products!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Zara23

I agree with Millem, I wouldn't buy tablets from somewhere that doesn't want a prescription as it could well be dodgy products. The Vets I work in doesn't charge for prescriptions and although they are not over the moon about people buying products online for this reason, they will give you a prescription if you request it as they are required to by law. You can just ring and ask them about it, and then call in to collect it. You wont need an appointment or another consult. Better to be safe- we have had people come in with poisoned dogs/cats from online pharmacies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement