Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation

Options
  • 19-03-2012 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Heyy, I'm moving to Dublin soon, hopefully within next few weeks/ a month.
    I'm stuck looking for a place to live. I need a 2 or 3- bedroomed apartment, house, anything for me and my friend to move into. I've looked up almost everwhere online and its all so expensive don't get me wrong I knew it would be, but need somewhere at around 700 a month for apartment, not per person. I'm going to college in Sept, so will probably only have full time work over summer and will be continuing living in Dublin for the next four years, so will need to be able to afford it on (hopefully not) but possibly just the grant.

Any advice/ help/ suggestions are welcome :)
    Thank You!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

What about something like this?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=615762

Where are you planning on going to college? This would be handy enough if you are going to college on the northside, such as at DCU or St Patricks. If you are going to UCD, you'd be better sticking to the southside so you can avoid a long commute and transport costs.

PS The mods may move this to the Accommodation forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

depending on the college

trinity - anywhere, as the city is within easy commuting distance

UCD - see the post above

DCU - glasnevin/drumcondra

let us know where you are going to college so we can narrow the search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Thanks guys. I've applied through CAO to lots of colleges... My friend will be in 2nd year next year and shes in UCD, southside, so close to there would be class, and I've best chance of getting into Tallaght I.T, so in between would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

To be honest, you are going to have your work cut out for you if you want somewhere decent on the south side, in a decent area, for 2 people, for under 700 euros. Has your friend contacted the student housing dept at UCD for advice or assistance on finding accommodation? You should probably do the same with Tallaght IT, although it is possible they won't be able to assist you until you have officially been offered and accepted a place in the college. As your friend is already in UCD, he/she won't have that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

yeah that's what I was worried about. I just really need a damn job up there. Cause I can save from my job here, so money will hopefully not really be a huge issue before September. Damn Recession!

• Advertisement
Advertisement