Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with router

Options
  • 19-03-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi, for the last week I have started having problems with my broadband connection and I think it could be due to the router.

I have watched the router lights and what happens is, first the Internet light turns red. Then the dsl light goes off about a minute later followed by the Internet and wireless light. Then the power light turns red and the router restarts. This happens a good few times a day.

I was wondering is it due to the router about to die or could it be something else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Sounds like the router is faulty seems like it's on it's last leg i've seen Eircom modems do exactly what you describe this usually results in people having to replace the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Thanks for that Jay, I got a good run out of that router, nearly 6 years. Hopefully eircom will sort me out with a new one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kojack wrote: »
    Thanks for that Jay, I got a good run out of that router, nearly 6 years. Hopefully eircom will sort me out with a new one!!

Hi kojack,

Thanks for your post. It does indeed sound like the router is gone. Though you could just try to hard reset the modem first, just incase.

Take a look at the following link on the eircom Community Forum. This will give you the options which may be helpful if you need to replace your modem -

Modem Replacement Options

Let me know if I can help you further with this or in the future.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Thanks for the help Ant, I have to say I'm impressed with the speed that ye got one delivered to me. Rang late in the evening and had it next morning, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kojack wrote: »
    Thanks for the help Ant, I have to say I'm impressed with the speed that ye got one delivered to me. Rang late in the evening and had it next morning, thanks.

Thanks for the comments kojack

• Advertisement
Advertisement