Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with large item (washing machine)

Options
  • 19-03-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭

About 6 months ago we bought a washing machine form a DIY store and they delivered it.

This week it has developed a fault where it is tripping the trip switch for all the sockets. Its definitly the washing machine ,I've plugged it into a different socket, and even a different fuse board (extension has a different board) and same result it trips whatever fuse board its plugged into when you turn on a wash.

I was saying that the DIY store will have to sort it (send someone to repair, replace or whatever) but my Dad thinks we'll have to bring it back in. Surely we dont, do we?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

The shop will probably send the manufacture's service agent out to you. I don't think they'd appreciate you bringing the washing machine back to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

About 6 months ago we bought a washing machine form a DIY store and they delivered it.

This week it has developed a fault where it is tripping the trip switch for all the sockets. Its definitly the washing machine ,I've plugged it into a different socket, and even a different fuse board (extension has a different board) and same result it trips whatever fuse board its plugged into when you turn on a wash.

I was saying that the DIY store will have to sort it (send someone to repair, replace or whatever) but my Dad thinks we'll have to bring it back in. Surely we dont, do we?

Any water leaks anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It would be pointless to bring it back to the shop as they won't be able to do anything with it anyway. Contact the shop and they'll contact the service agent who will come out to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Depending on which DIY store it is they should be pretty reasonable about it. It looks like you have isolated the issue to the washer...I take it you have receipts etc? Ring them first, as other poster said, nothing they can do inside the shop to fix it.

Advertisement