Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Pagan Discrimination

Options
  • 19-03-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I got linked to this article by a Wiccan friend of mine in Florida earlier today:
    http://pncminnesota.com/2012/03/19/letter-to-the-editor-when-religious-discrimination-hits-home/

This is simply appalling. I am shocked to hear that this kind of discrimination still goes on in supposedly civilized places. Does this kind of thing happen in Ireland too, and I've just been lucky enough to avoid the worst of it? Or is it simply another case of a few Americans being ridiculous?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

I've never experienced anything like that,most people in the village where we live know I'm pagan,and they don't seem to care much at all,in fact,my eldest did her confirmation a few years back(her choice)naturally I went along to support my daughter,I wasn't looking forward to sitting in a church,when we arrived my wife ended up talking to the priest,she told him I was pagan and a little uncomfortable,he smiled,shook my hand and said,"your very welcome",It didn't make the experience any more enjoyable,but it did show that as bad as the church may be here,they're not a scratch on the right wing weirdo's in america,don't forget these are the same people who've been discriminating against someone or another since they arrived at plymouth rock in 1620.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jesus would have let Brad have his friend attend his funeral
    Jesus told people of the Samaritan and the Samaritan was the Misunderstood of
    that time so don't worry for the pagans who honour their Gods and their friends worry for the Jesus that has followers that have lost his message.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ulsteryank

Yea, it's Mormon country in Minnesota. They'd react the same way if you were a Buddhist(and by "they", obviously not everyone or even the majority, but not unusual to hear) Other states are different, and major cities are especially relaxed and diverse. I did have someone tell me I was going to hell though once.

I've only been here 4 years currently, but am pretty open, and so far so good. *Fingers crossed*

Advertisement