Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Tipster with Solid Facts

• 19-03-2012 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Me and a few mates are thinking of joining a service between us and having a bank between us

Has any1 here joined one and if so any good

If possible i would like solid facts and not just opinions..no offense meant just read enough of that on betfair forums

I see pricewise extra is on a bad run.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

sfwcork wrote: »
    Afternoon

Me and a few mates are thinking of joining a service between us and having a bank between us

Has any1 here joined one and if so any good

If possible i would like solid facts and not just opinions..no offense meant just read enough of that on betfair forums

I see pricewise extra is on a bad run.

I doubt there is any service worth paying for out there, and there certainly isnt any easy ROI to be made from just following one. Better to do the work yourselves and start small.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

http://tipsfromireland.com/ these seem to conistantly make profits
    I also find that Big Burgers Betting Service on facebook is brilliant. Some great tips and its all for free, has made me and my friends a lot of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sign up to the Herbie Fogg free email ever Saturday morning. You can use it yourself for the Four Pronged attack service, which is basically a way of filtering Pricewise selections to more specifically find winners. It has a track record of decent ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

I wouldn't mind paying if I was going to get good information with winning tips.. however after trying out a service they gave me 20 horses to back and there was only one winner from them.. a 5/2 favourite :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭Killed

Tipsfromireland have been abysmal at Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

getyourtipsout always seem to do the business for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Depp wrote: »
    getyourtipsout always seem to do the business for me anyway

these guys appear to be quite good too

they are advising a 7pt win on rendl beach in the first at chelt
    been looking at the site a couple of months but havent seen
    them go more than 6pts yet
    itll be interesting to see...2/1

mailburner wrote: »
    these guys appear to be quite good too

they are advising a 7pt win on rendl beach in the first at chelt
    been looking at the site a couple of months but havent seen
    them go more than 6pts yet
    itll be interesting to see...2/1

next time ill pick my own loser :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

I rather pick my own I get too frustrated with the tip services

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mozil

waste of time really, think about it if you were that good a punter why would you sell this information. Id be sitting on a beach somewhere with the laptop and a drink.
    At best these are a reference and from my experience you just get a horse name no real information on how whoever is sending you this tip came to believe he has a winner.

In my opinion OLBG is a better source of picks, you get some pretty descent write ups on fancied horses and you can track hot tipsters see their P/L ratios and its free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I've been using Bet Alchemist since they went live in Dec '12, its good open honest service and he fully proofs all his bets and he's up 115 points since then (I brought the family to EuroDisney on the strength of his Cheltenham results :cool:). He mainly concentrates on Irish Racing and the bigger meets in the UK

Details here on this link.

With any of these tipsters, you do need to have patience and a bank to cover the inevitable losses

ike wrote: »
    I've been using Bet Alchemist since they went live in Dec '12, its good open honest service and he fully proofs all his bets and he's up 115 points since then (I brought the family to EuroDisney on the strength of his Cheltenham results :cool:). He mainly concentrates on Irish Racing and the bigger meets in the UK

Details here on this link.

With any of these tipsters, you do need to have patience and a bank to cover the inevitable losses

figures are good alright
    he says, I bet mainly in the top races i.e. group races or big handicaps on the flat and Graded and big Handicap National Hunt races.

theres a hell of a lot of kilbeggan, sligo dundalk bellewstown in there along (2012)
    with a bet or two in just about every race at the galway festival which
    I find strange

I'd like to see his picks for the past month or two
    it would inspire confidence

Anyone else around here recommend or use him?

He has the results up there some where on the site...May & June weren't great months, but he made profit in July and so far in aug. At the end of the day for me anyway I'll judge it over a year

Irish racing seems to be his thing and in fairness there's nearly always few decent handicaps on around the country.

Emerald Tipping on twitter is another crowd I follow, they give free tips, but generally shorter price, but they seem to make profit no proofing done tho

Just an update on this service I mentioned earlier, the summer months were lean enough but this guy has cleaned up for Sept and so far in October, so I'm rubbing my hands at the moment!

Betalchemist link http://tinyurl.com/Betalchemist

He has a facebook page as well -http://www.facebook.com/betalchemist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If a punter is so ****ing good why not just make your money from betting and not charge? I'd never pay for a tipping service.

The main reason is if you're successful at punting you won't be able to get your bets on, as it doesn't take much for bookies to close down/restrict accounts, if your good at something there's no harm in charging for it

Not everyone has the time to sit down and study form in detail - to do it right takes a LOT of time and I'm happy to pay for it, BUT only if its done right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well the professionals are on the exchanges rather than bookies I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

If a tipster is any good they wouldn't need to charge for it, they could just back their own there is a ton of ways of getting money on nowadays that excuse is just an excuse.

how much are they putting on 100,000 a race? not likely.
    can get on no problems using 5-6 online accounts, walk in shops and exchanges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Nonsense - do the math!

If a punter wins on average 6/10 races, there is still 4 that they aren't winning, there is also the risk factor that 'on occasions' 0/10 will win and thus significant loss could occur.

So 'historic ROI' would be 160% ROI which is fine and dandy, but.. there is a slight but never the less 'omni-present' risk of loosing 100% and gaining 0% in the future events {unless that is you're setting future event outcomes using advanced quantum field mechanics and non-linear time interference etc}

If they have 1,000 subscribers to a service that costs ea sub 5$ per week, and costs to the the publisher/originator is around $0 - thats $5,000 dolla net with 0% risk.

Maybe read a book on 'probability' then read a book called 'the 4hr working week' or about royalty based revenue streaming....

Not sure if that is in reply to my comment as it doesn't make relevant sense to what I stated?

The reason they are charging for subscriptions is because they cant make a comfortable living off backing " their guaranteed winning tips" They aren't doing what they say they are doing.

Why not just bet all these massive winners every day they bang on about.

..saying we have restricted betting accounts or cant get all the money on is not true it cannot be used as a valid excuse nowadays that's my point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Not sure if that is in reply to my comment as it doesn't make relevant sense to what I stated?
    What part of 'no risk is better than any risk' don't you comprehend?
    their guaranteed winning tips"
    Don't think they promise 'guaranteed' in contract else would be trading standards breach.
    ..saying we have restricted betting accounts is not true
    Sorry, not sure you know what your talking about...

Joe Doe wrote: »
    What part of 'no risk is better than any risk' don't you comprehend?

Don't think they promise 'guaranteed' in contract else would be trading standards breach.

Sorry, not sure you know what your talking about...

I understand it fully, I also understand hoodwinking gullible people into thinking their service for (lets say 60 per month) will gain you an edge when in fact they are guessers and expect people to pay them to fund their lifestyle or betting.

Ah come on you always see websites and tipping lines putting up claims about profits, winners etc do you really think their is a regulatory body checking every tipping site out there? perhaps their should be as anyone with a laptop and internet account can set up a free tipping website (there are countless sites out there and many of them you will see come and go)

I'm talking about these pro tipsters (so they claim to be) using an excuse like we are so good we cant get all our bets on as we have been limited by bookmakers, whilst I agree accounts can be limited for some people who are gaining a solid revenue or betting patterns that lets say doesn't match the companies profile of a normal punther, but to say in this day and age with the 20 or so online bookmakers, 2 or more available exchanges or via pool betting or spread betting sites with an x amount of liquidity that you cant get a bet on is laughable.

If a tipster is any good they would proof ALL bets to a independent site.
    Of those that are proofed I actually see some FREE TIPS SITES are making more ROI for their "visitors" than services that charge!

I would never pay for tips maybe that's just me I pick my own selections, while you seem to be happy defending them or paying for them I wish you all the best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Whilst I have never or never intend using the service of a tipping site/service, Malarkey you are talking pure rubbish here and as the previous poster says you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
    thanks.

I will stand by my main points made

Advertisement