Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aggressive Selling in shops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

LisaLee wrote: »
    It's called upselling or pushing sales. Most of the time it is mandatory for retail staff to do. Doubt they'd really care if you wanted lotto/clubcard/phone credit etc along with your purchase. They're just doing their job.
    That might be so, but it's turned me off shopping in places like that. For every extra pound of sausages or whatever he's pushing someone into buying they're pissing me and about five others like me into not coming back.

Signs about special offers around the shop is sufficient, I feel like losing the plot anyone comes near me in a shop, I'm fcuking sick of people dictate how I spend my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No I don't want a loyalty card from Game

And what's the point, from what I've read they are going bust shortly

Not the staffs fault, they get in trouble with management if they don't ask the question

These places use mystery shoppers, when I was a student I did mystery shopping to earn some cash.
    I checked places like Subway which always try to upsell, do you want a drink? A cookie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I find if you've got conviction in your voice when going to the till you rarely get asked for extras, ie: "Just this please" and have the exact money already half handed over.

Always get asked for the Game Protection in GameStop every time even though they know i never get it, but i know they're only doing it out of necessity.

But, i suppose i rarely go to places where they can upsell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Never understood the point in giving out to the person behind the counter about it. As others have stated, they get themselves in **** with management if they don't do it, especially if it's not done to a mystery shopper. Just say "No thanks" and it's all over. If you're going to take your business elsewhere then let the management know, not the person behind the counter.

Saying that, the only place I stay clear of is Games Workshop. I buy my hobby stuff elsewhere because their method of upselling is constant and very very very VERY ****ing annoying. The second you step in a member of staff follows you, quizzing you about want your buying and what you should get to go with it and so on and so on. Even if a friend with no interest in Warhammer came in with me staff would quiz them too trying to get them to buy something. It's worse than dealing with feckin' Scientolgists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

:D

Upselling,it's nothing new it's just alot more common place nowadays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Bought a pair of headphones a while ago for about 30 quid and was asked if I wanted to insure'em against damage for 3 quid for the year. Bloody hell I thought, the damn thing comes with a warranty for fecks sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

LisaLee wrote: »
    They're just doing their job.
    That's what the nazi's said.

Godwined a sales thread, nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Employees are given three words:

Always
    Be
    Closing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Do you have a boots card?
    Would you like to sign up?
    Are you sure?

No i don't want my condom consumation tracked thanks very much :mad:

u buy the small size then? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

Personally I think it's people not in tune with the Irish market who promote this crap, Irish people in general seem to avoid places that do this if possible.

I don't like the false niceness nonsense either, being genuine but not rude to customers is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Paparazzo wrote: »
    That's what the nazi's said.

Godwined a sales thread, nice!

yep and adolf hated smokers and rarely drank, so what?

haminka wrote: »

"Just doing my job" isn't an excuse to be a cúnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was in getting running shoes from elverys there about 2 weeks ago, so i got the runners and i also got the insoles (i intended on buying both) when i was ready to pay they insisted on telling me all the stuff that they have on offer, i spent €150 in the shop and they wanted me to buy more....

I said no thanks and left it at that.

I know when i worked in the hotel trade as a receptionist we had to upsell aswell, you could tell when someone just wasnt interested so i never pushed it. some will go on and on and on and all the person wants is to go to their room.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Abi wrote: »
    That might be so, but it's turned me off shopping in places like that. For every extra pound of sausages or whatever he's pushing someone into buying they're pissing me and about five others like me into not coming back.

Signs about special offers around the shop is sufficient, I feel like losing the plot anyone comes near me in a shop, I'm fcuking sick of people dictate how I spend my money.

I know it can be really annoying, but with a lot of retail outlets the company hires a mystery shopper. You have to upsell, be polite and impress them in order to get a good report. If you don't then there are consequences, warnings etc.

As someone who has worked in retail, I couldn't give a flying crap if someone buys phone credit etc. off me, I've covered my side of the sale and if someone starts being ignorant towards me "If I wanted it then I would've asked for it." Then they're the one with the problem, if being ignorant and rude to someone is a natural reaction to some people then that speaks volumes about the type of person they are.

There are some people in retail that go beyond upselling granted, but a firm 'no' can dissuade them. Not by being a prick, that just makes a show out of you, not the staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I hate going into a shop and being approached by every member of the staff to see if I need help. This happens alot in Game. I purposely wear my headphones when shopping to avoid this contact but half the time I do be listening to my music browsing away and out of the corner of my eye there is a staff member right beside me talking to me. I have giant headphones on my ears!!! I havent a clue what you are saying!

I would never be rude to them and I know its a bit rude wearing headphones in a shop but in fairness I'm your average gamer in a game shop if I needed any help I would have no problem asking you!

This really gets on my nerves more than upselling. I was always told that if a customer is wearing headphones they obviously are not approachable, However if they are holding two games in their hands and looking at both then approach them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

haminka wrote: »

Jesus if asking you if you bought petrol today because my job could be on the line if I don't makes me a **** then it's not me who is the one with the problem.

Jesus if asking you if you bought petrol today because my job could be on the line if I don't makes me a **** then it's not me who is the one with the problem.

You're no better than the gestapo.
    But asking someone if they bought petrol isn't agressive selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bought a pair of headphones a while ago for about 30 quid and was asked if I wanted to insure'em against damage for 3 quid for the year. Bloody hell I thought, the damn thing comes with a warranty for fecks sake.

Bet they fell apart on the 364th day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

kennygg76 wrote: »
    Then later on I went to xtravision and got a dvd, only to be asked 3 times did I want the popcorn and drink deal, when I said no she said "are you sure". This is starting to p*ss me off.

I worked in XV part time during first year uni and you are basically forced into all that carry on.

At times our upsell was to ask for:

GTA Pre Books
    Hagen Das ice cream offer
    Movie Offer
    Some charity Bandana

This all had to be pushed to every customer even if all they bought was a bottle of water.

The training DVDs we watched were horrible, they basically tell you to be pushy and ignore what the customer says and offer/explain offers anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kfallon wrote: »
    Bet they fell apart on the 364th day :pac:

Leap year buddy, get a free day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Not really upselling but I went into an H&M in Dortmund and one staff member greeted. That was fine. But as I walked around the shop I was greeted by four separate staff members, all just standing there and grinning.

Was kind of creepy and I didn't want to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If only they'd thought of that at Nuremburg.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Some shops go overboard and drive customers away. The prime example is Lush (very smelly soap/toiletries shop bottom of Grafton Street). You literally have three perky people flinging themselves on you and getting you to sample stuff, it's really overbearing though again I get it that they have to do it.

I normally ignore pushy sales tactics, I buy what I need and say "Nahhhhh" to the upselling attempts. But Lush takes the piss.

I was in just before Christmas buying a present for my other half. I was just browsing their wares and was going to buy something I liked the look of. Having been repeatedly pounced on by a few of the sales staff offering me unwanted advice and getting rid of each one in turn, one member of staff turned her attentions to my two year old son.

In the distance she had two bowls of water with some soapy stuff in them and was pouring the water between them making masses of foam. She approached my son in his pram and let him dip his hands in the to the foam and play with it. I didn't notice this straight away as I was being distracted by another sales drone. I only noticed when he started screaming with delight at all the smelly foam. I was all WTF as the foam was all over hs clothes. The sales assistance looked at me with a cheeky grin and said "I think he wants to get these for his mummy" He look around at me screaming "Mummy, get these for mummy!!!!" while pointing at the foam. It took less than 20 seconds and they had my son screaming, covered in foam and hyper as feck.

I wasn't impressed by that. I should have complained, but what good would it do? Better to never go back there in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Upselling can work very well in moderation, but too many businesses don't know where the line is, and drive away customers eg. Gamestop disc protection when I'm buying a game for €3.99, or Game with Xbox Live, Trade-Ins, Pre-orders, etc.
    If staff were given the leeway to make a common sense judgement of where certain upselling isnt appropriate, they wouldnt make customers feel so uncomfortable and ultimately drive them away.

Subtle things can work, like using off the cuff phrases like "anything else", or "just those two?", and often it will subconsciously remind them of something they forgot.
    Or letting them know that they have part of an offer, and can get another one for very little extra (eg. they have 2 @ €4.50 each, and they're 3 for a tenner) and let them decide if they want the extra one.
    It can even be in the small talk your making, and steer the conversation towards an upcoming event/occasion about which you can mention a couple of your products/offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭tigger123

old_aussie wrote: »
    I try to define my purchase with "I only want the petrol on pump 6"

or, " I only want the newspaper"

If the cashier says " would you like fries with that" I just ignore them.

If they ask me a second time I usually answer with " are you f*cking deaf or just stupid"

That's a pig ignorant way to behave.

Every time I'm in Tesco I'm asked if I have or want a club card. I don't have one, and I don't want one, and the person asking me doesnt give a fiddlers whether I have one or want one ... and it's no big deal. There's no need to be rude to people working behind a register about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Peoples level of tolerance is in the ****ter these days... people are just doing their fking jobs and probably for money these intolerant arseholes would bloody laugh at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Thank God you're not in New Zealand... Shop assistants roar at you from the counter & then proceed to talk to you the whole time you're there

just feck off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

This is starting to drive me crazy.

I expect it in some large stores and fast food outlets but in a bloody butchers??

I have noticed this aswell , but in fairness to them it's a necessity thing , surely its more likely to be the smaller shops that are losing the business to larger shops :confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd love to see a study done on the sales rate of shops upselling vs not upselling.

I hate it as well, but I know it's always orders from management. Had the same myself before, made me feel like an idiot.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

MungBean wrote: »
    I worked in a few shops years ago one of them xtravision and the orders constantly came down to be more forward when upselling.

You know yourself what a person wants and will possibly buy. I hated it and never did it when the boss wasnt around, had words with management over it a couple of times because more often than not you just piss customers off. But the shirts at the top dont have one clue when it comes to that and think badgering enough customers will result in x amount of profit and send down the word to force staff to do it.

I can imagine with things as bad as they are now there is huge pressure on staff to try and force a sell.

That is exactly what is wrong with xtravision! Head-office haven't a clue about what actually happens at branch level! They send out all sorts of orders about upselling this, and telling a customers about promotions and pre-booking. Ya could spend all day telling a customer what head-office want ya to say. "You know if you get an extra movie you can keep it for an extra night? Would you like the movie deal with that? Would you like to pre-book any games? We have a promotion on TVs at the moment- are you interested? Have you noticed our sale on pre-owned games?" It gets repetitive.

And if you don't tell the customer whats available you get disciplinary meetings about not reaching your sales targets! Ya just cant win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

fecking hair dressers are the same pushing you to buy €24 bottles of shampoo and conditioners. and treatments in your hair and trying to make you feel bad when you say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Thank God you're not in New Zealand... Shop assistants roar at you from the counter & then proceed to talk to you the whole time you're there

just feck off!!

Or Turkey, it's like Benny Hill here walking into a small shop. The floor staff will immediately start following you around if there's no other customer present. Hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Don't take it personally OP, the staff hate it equally as much as you. Ugh, I hated doing this when I worked in Boots. As if I give a **** whether you have your advantage card or not. I never bothered asking people.

Once an old lady shouted at me about it for like 15 minutes. I told her that we were required to say it and if she didn't like it she should take it up with the manager. This made her even angrier for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Is it really so hard for a no thank you and a smile, people are just doing their jobs ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

This is starting to drive me crazy.

I was in a butchers in Waterford last week, I go here every week to get my meat. I have a list and know exactly what I want to buy,after preparing my order the sale person tried to sell me loads of stuff from flavoured sausages to relish, I was very surprised with the forceful way this was done.

Then later on I went to xtravision and got a dvd, only to be asked 3 times did I want the popcorn and drink deal, when I said no she said "are you sure". This is starting to p*ss me off.

I cant go anywhere now without shops trying to sell you something you don't want, I expect it in some large stores and fast food outlets but in a bloody butchers??
    I understand that the have a business to run, but this puts me off going back.

Is it me or does anyone else notice this?

I'd suggest leaving the staff alone, as they ****ing hate doing it. The head office or manager is the problem, as they seem to feel people like it.

The simple truth is that it's not enough of a customer turn off to affect people, but some do buy the extra stuff so it's generating more revenue for the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I hate this practice in the likes of PC World & the big electrical chains.I went to PC World a while ago and was bombarded by the salesman pitching stuff I didn't want.I eventually told him if he didn't stop I'd put the laptop back and buy it somewhere else.
    The craic of selling overpriced HDMI cables with HD tv's is another thing.The staff push people into buying these cables for a fortune when one from a €2 shop will do exactly the same job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Working in Debenhams during college, head office decided to implement the '3 foot rule' — if a customer comes within 3 feet of you, you should ask them if they need a hand. When you actually measure 3 feet, you realise that it's actually quite close & this just becomes common sense. If you didn't ask them if they were OK, you were essentially ignoring them.

Local management obviously couldn't measure 3 feet though as it quickly became a line-of-sight rule & you'd be given out to if you didn't make a mad dash towards a customer as they rounded the corner of the shop. You'd actually see them turn tail & go in the other direction.

It's strange, if I were middle management in a shop the rule of thumb I'd use is 'how would my staff behave if they were on commission' (& good at selling :)). If you were on commission in these jobs, the times you'd even try to up-sell would be few & far between, and you'd definitely do it more subtly that the tactics they use now. Once staff are doing that level, you should be happy. Anything else is counterproductive.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

If they ask me a second time I usually answer with " are you f*cking deaf or just stupid"

Of course they asked you a second time, you ignored them the first time.

Or are you just stupid ?

Firegaurd wrote: »
    Of course they asked you a second time, you ignored them the first time.

Or are you just stupid ?

In fairness, sometimes you just get parroted responses in shops — they're not even listening to what you tell them. I went in to McDonalds before:
    Me: Can I have a large chicken nugget meal with Coke to take away.
    Staff: What size?
    Me: Large
    Staff: & what drink would you like
    Me: Coke...
    Staff: & would you like that to have here, or take away?

If he already said "I'll have only the newspaper", stressing on only they shouldn't ask him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Feathers wrote: »
    If he already said "I'll have only the newspaper", stressing on only they shouldn't ask him again.

Either way giving abuse to shop staff is well out of order. Say No, be polite there is absolutely no need to abuse people doing their work.

Petrol stations are asking did you get any diesel or petrol for a reason. I've never worked in a petrol station but I assume there are some people who call in and get a sandwich and paper or whatever and forget to pay for their petrol.

I notice I get asked this in every petrol station I use, I assume they're not asking it for the craic. It's hardly upselling , how many people who were buying a paper thought "you know what, i'll take €50 diesel too"

With upselling, if you can't handle being asked to purchase an extra product without abusing staff maybe you shouldnt be left out on your own.

Firegaurd wrote: »
    Either way giving abuse to shop staff is well out of order. Say No, be polite there is absolutely no need to abuse people doing their work.

Petrol stations are asking did you get any diesel or petrol for a reason. I've never worked in a petrol station but I assume there are some people who call in and get a sandwich and paper or whatever and forget to pay for their petrol.

I notice I get asked this in every petrol station I use, I assume they're not asking it for the craic. It's hardly upselling , how many people who were buying a paper thought "you know what, i'll take €50 diesel too"

With upselling, if you can't handle being asked to purchase an extra product without abusing staff maybe you shouldnt be left out on your own.

Yeah, not condoning abuse & asking if you bought petrol definitely isn't upselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

u buy the small size then? ;)
    Nope,I'm a wimmins,my fella and i share the burden of buying condoms since it's not fair for the man to always do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Petrol stations are so used to it that they even ask me if I had petrol when I'm wearing lycra and a bicycle helmet.

I am a salesman and having done various in-house training at different companies I've worked for, the techniques tend to change every six months. ABC (always be closing) seems a bit old school to me now. Up-selling definitively works, I noticed this when I moved from one aggressive seller to a less aggressive seller and my up-selling was well ahead of the average as were my sales for the company. I don't push people to buy what they can't afford or won't suit them.The most disgusting tactic I was ever asked to employ was the following example. Lets pretend I was selling fishing gear, the sale was supposed to go something as follows.
    Customer enters shop:

Me: Hello and welcome to fishing world, let me show you the different areas of the shop and how our pricing works

Customer: Erm, OK, I'm looking for a new rod

Me: What kind of fishing is it for?

Customer: Trout fishing

Me: We've lovely trout rods over here and also we've trout fishing kits which you'll need <shows and goes through different rods starting at the most expensive>

Customer: I'll take that rod there for €100

Me: That'll be €130 please

Customer: Sorry, why's it €130

Me: I'm sorry, I thought you were taking the trout fishing kit also, everyone takes the trout fishing kit when they buy a trout rod and you can't catch trout without the right trout accessories.

Customer: I suppose you're right, it's a good thing you reminded me.

The idea is that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, I have never used this.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

i just say "no thanks". I find the ones in the shops nice & polite,it's the ones selling out of the back of the van i find most agressive. no thanks i don't want a new sofa to go with the carpet...fcuk off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I used work for one of the mobile phone companies, and they brought in upselling. so when a customer would ring in, the system would recommend 2 products that would "suit" the customer, so they customer could spend up to an hour complaining about poor coverage in their area etc, then you would have to try sell them a bundle of text messages or reduced international calls. they wanted you to sell both, but they would accept you selling one. its the reason I am no longer there.

As a customer, my worst experience was in Elverys, went in one lunch time to price a new pair of football boots, and I was the only customer in the store with 3 members of staff, one staff member came over and asked me if they could help me, I said I was fine, I was just looking. then all three members of staff started straightening the racks and shelves around me, and as I drifted around the store, they slowly followed me around the store. I just laughed and walked out. I wish I could have gotten the CCTV footage of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Purely out of habit I say "Just that please" at pretty much every counter I find myself standing at. Seems to cut out any up-selling the cashier/sales person might try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Wow, that's fcuking rude. Are you not embarrassed to admit that?! :eek: If someone had said that to me when I worked in shops I would've told them what I fcuking thought of them. Well done, you probably ruin someone's whole shift every time you come out with stuff like that.

Jesus, they're only asking because their boss makes them; they don't give a $hit if you've got a loyalty card, want extra chips or an air freshener. What a fcuking rotten post :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

I no longer go into Foot Locker because of being harrassed when i'm looking to browse through runners. I thought Schuh were starting this too but they seemed to have eased of. There are several other shops around town i don't enter anymore because of this problem. If i like something i'll ask to try it on or for my size. If i don't i won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I really, really hate upselling - I've been asked to do it in jobs hundreds of times and it rarely works. If anything - even if you get a sale once the customer will avoid the shop from then on.

I have ten years retail experience and I find that just greeting customers and if you get a good response chatting to them about something non shop related is what works. You open up a line of communication and customers feel comfortable asking for your help.

If people don't feel pressured to buy then believe it or not, not only do they buy more, they'll return again and again. If a customer feels that you're only passing on knowledge and genuinely helping them out - even going out of your way for them - then you are guaranteed a return customer.

I worked in a tiny costume jewellery shop which was part of a larger chain that everyone knows (This chain was really huge into the attacking customers at the door and following them around the shop malarchy) and when I started there the sales were pretty bad.

Within a month I not only brought up sales by 40%, I had people who would only come in if I was there. I also had people who would regularly come in with their outfits and leave me off to match the jewellery and hair accessories for them while they went off shopping. Nine times out of ten they wouldn't even ask me the total price - just hand over the card. I would also help them if I ran into them on the streets - often as they were running from the larger store - it was my pleasure to do so.

No matter how many times I explained my sales tactics to management they would not only insist I adopt their tactics, checking up on if I was hourly, they would out and out accuse me of fiddling numbers to make it look like I made huge sales!:eek:

They couldn't understand when I left the company how people just stopped shopping in their store - I'd meet those past customers and they would complain that they hated going into the store now and avoided it like the plague! BANG - Lost sales right there!:rolleyes:

There is only one store where I live that adopts a similar sales tactic to mine and they are fantastic! I always go into them whenever I need anything - if I don't want advice they don't give it, all I have to say is that I'm just having a think but if I ask for it they'll give me their full attention and I often end up with some accessories that I would never have thought of! I never have a problem buying everything they suggest as they have never set me wrong!

This is the only way that sales should go - this pressure sales crap doesn't work at all - the minute people sense that you're trying to sell them something more than they want they mentally close off and become defensive. You've lost them if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

mikemac1 wrote: »
    No I don't want a loyalty card from Game

all my friends shopped their in the ilac before it turned into game ( electronic boutiuqe no ? )

now... f*** their ****e staff tbh. Especially the fat ginger one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement