Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marys abbey street and surrounding area

Options
  • 19-03-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello everybody.

First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to improve it, but is hard for me.

Sorry again for the topic. I know that this could be a sensitive matter, especially if the cuestion is done by a foreigner, I do not mean to upset anyone, just come prepared to enjoy my stay in Dublin.

Next month I will be in Dublin for a month. My "excuse" is an english course, but the truth is I've always wanted to know the city. The problem is that the school I've watched is in the center, but some people who knows the city advise me that it is an insecure zone.

The school is placed in Mary's abbey (Smithfield). People who advised me knew about Jervis Street, Talbot... but they didn't know about this area. Is really an insecure area? Should I search another one in the pair districts?

I would ask about acommodation too, but for the moment I'm not sure about where to go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Smithfield is ok, and its an easy walk from most parts of the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭belfe

Ok Makikomi, thanks.

I guess my fears were unfounded, and people always tell the negative experiences before than the positive ones. I've watched in the map and is a zone close to the center and with people walking (unless in the youtube videos).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

belfe wrote: »
    Ok Makikomi, thanks.

I guess my fears were unfounded, and people always tell the negative experiences before than the positive ones. I've watched in the map and is a zone close to the center and with people walking (unless in the youtube videos).

Its fine, but just remember that you'll be in a capital city and so we suffer the same problems other's do in regards to street crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

That school is in a great area right next to Capel St you will be fine Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

The area's grand, as long as you're aware of yourself (as in any big city) you'll be grand. It'll probably be easier what with having loads of friends from the course with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Just to let you know (if it's the same education centre I attended for a course a few years ago) don't get off at the Smithfield Luas stop. It's nearer to the Jervis Luas stop and walk straight down the street. You will find the education centre near the Evans stationery supply centre, just beside a fruit and vegetable warehouse. It's much closer if you get off at the Jervis stop.

Advertisement