Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staffs synthetic stocks

Options
  • 19-03-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Thinking of getting a stock for my CZ from these guys at www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.com, can anyone vouch for build quality, finish, weight etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

are you looking for a synthetic stock or will this one do?

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/TACT-CZ-452-22-LR-BBC-STK-BLK-p/600-411.htm

its wood coasted with a synthetic layer . i got one for my CZ452 just there on friday and its amazing considering i was ONLY €115 ! including shipping and only took a week to deliver . and fitting was really easy and only took a slight alteration. it has about a 5mm gap around my barrel too so it well free floating now .

its about the same weight as the original one too.

hope this helps . if you want ill post pics up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jimmyd87

Was looking for a composite thumbhole stock tbh.
    They look like good value though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

very good value . the shipping only took 4 days too from america .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have held a few of their stocks, and they are a great stock. Nicely weighted, but not over heavy. The fit is like an AICS, but the grip is much firmer and not as "thin" as an AICS. They are compact, but fit the rifle well and don't look "too short" when itted. Plus they come 96%+ inletted, and with most model rifles are ready to drop in.

I know there are other brands out there for less money, but sometimes less is not more.

Anyway ring them, speak to a lad called Daniel (IIRC). Nice lad, and great to talk to. I spoke with him a while back on behalf of a friend looking for one of their stocks, and he couldn't have been more helpful or polite.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

I heard of the oposite when I was looking into a CZ stock..

A well known stock builder from down my direction told me there heavy/badly built and the one he had seen was a damaged example..

that and the price :eek::eek:

'hdz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I was told, very briefly, about this, and really did not want to get in the middle of whatever was going on to such an extent that i did not want to know more about it. I would very much like it if that issue was left at that for more than one reason.

All i'm giving is my experience, and opinion from holding such a stock, and using a rifle with one of their stocks on.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jimmyd87

Not to worry lads, the stock is already on the way!!
    I'll post my own two cents and a few pics when I get it fitted and have a few round put threw it :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

Ezridax wrote: »
    I was told, very briefly, about this, and really did not want to get in the middle of whatever was going on to such an extent that i did not want to know more about it. I would very much like it if that issue was left at that for more than one reason.

All i'm giving is my experience, and opinion from holding such a stock, and using a rifle with one of their stocks on.

Glad you heard of this too..

Bad apples in every bunch mind..

jimmyd87 wrote: »
    Not to worry lads, the stock is already on the way!!
    I'll post my own two cents and a few pics when I get it fitted and have a few round put threw it :D:D

Great stuff... Looking forward to seeing this :)

Advertisement